Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

A Message From Agha Sistani

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

A Message from Agha Sistani

My neighbour aunty went to Ziarat of Iraq. She met with Agha Sistani. Agha Sistani has given a message to all members of her group to spread the message to as many momineens as possible. I thought it is an excellent forum to post what she told my wife.

Three messages:

1)Come to Iraq for Ziarat of Imam Hussain (as). Things are not as bad as they used to be in the past.

2)Send your Khums, Zakaat, Sadaqa or Khairaat etc as Iraqis need help from momineens.

3)Make your children learn your mother tongue.

May Allah (SWT) forgive me for not replicating Agha Sistani’s message diligently.

I give my khums in the hands of a reliable person who brings me back the original receipts from Agha’s Qom’s office of his Najaf’s office. As per Agha Sistani, only these two receipts will be considered now for “paid” Khums. If someone is getting some other receipt, it is not considered khums and the person has to pay again.

Brothers & Sisters. It does not matter If you believe in Taqleed or not, or you believe in Hawza or not, just send your donations to any group which is involved in helping poor Iraqis or Afghanis. Try to help them out with whatever you can. If we save our one outing/dinner every week and donate that money, a family in Najaf or Mazari Sharif , will be able to eat for a whole month. Kids are dying of hunger and cold. They just need basic food and water. One day when we will go to our graves, then Allah (SWT) will ask us that what we did to eradicate poverty or did we act responsibly when we saw hungry, orphaned and sick children on TV.

I know a group of people working with sincerity to help people of Najaf.

www.najafcampaign.org

Jazak Allah (SWT)

• 4 years later...
  • Advanced Member

WSalam,

Thanks for conveying Agha's message. May Allah (SWT) give you and anybody involved in relaying this message

I just have one confusion, that if everybody from world start sending khums to Iraq then what about people in many other countries who are in need of khums as well ?

Like in my country Pakistan; I know there are many martyred families who need financial support for living and educating there people and many shia organizations working for shia welfare need support badly.

WSalam,

Thanks for conveying Agha's message. May Allah (SWT) give you and anybody involved in relaying this message

I just have one confusion, that if everybody from world start sending khums to Iraq then what about people in many other countries who are in need of khums as well ?

Like in my country Pakistan; I know there are many martyred families who need financial support for living and educating there people and many shia organizations working for shia welfare need support badly.

Lots of those organizations in Pakistan have Ijaza of Khums collection from Syed Sistani. You can give it to them but demand a receipt from his office. The real ones do bring you the receipts.

As far as Sehm-e-Sadat, you can give it to a Syed (or Syeda) yourself. But ruling is little tough. The Syed you give your khums money to must not be involved in apparent Grave Sins such as zina or alcohol drinking. On the basis of Ihtiyat, you must not give your Sehm-e-Sadat money to even a Syed who does not pray regular 5 Salat or misses other Wajibat such as fasting etc. But the Sehm-e-Sadat has to go to a Syed. You can not give it to a non-Syed. You can give it to a couple among whom, one is Syed and one is non-Syed, making sure the person who has the ownership rights of money is Syed (or Syeda).

Sehm-e-Imam, well you do not have any choice here. You must give it to Syed Sistani office directly or to one of the organization who has Ijaza from Marja for collecting Sehm-e-Imam. Basically you can not give it randomly to this Imam Bargah or that masjid without them having the Ijaza from Marja. Even then you must demand a receipt and collect one.

• Advanced Member

Lots of those organizations in Pakistan have Ijaza of Khums collection from Syed Sistani. You can give it to them but demand a receipt from his office. The real ones do bring you the receipts.

As far as Sehm-e-Sadat, you can give it to a Syed (or Syeda) yourself. But ruling is little tough. The Syed you give your khums money to must not be involved in apparent Grave Sins such as zina or alcohol drinking. On the basis of Ihtiyat, you must not give your Sehm-e-Sadat money to even a Syed who does not pray regular 5 Salat or misses other Wajibat such as fasting etc. But the Sehm-e-Sadat has to go to a Syed. You can not give it to a non-Syed. You can give it to a couple among whom, one is Syed and one is non-Syed, making sure the person who has the ownership rights of money is Syed (or Syeda).

Sehm-e-Imam, well you do not have any choice here. You must give it to Syed Sistani office directly or to one of the organization who has Ijaza from Marja for collecting Sehm-e-Imam. Basically you can not give it randomly to this Imam Bargah or that masjid without them having the Ijaza from Marja. Even then you must demand a receipt and collect one.

Thanks, but this was not my point here :$

I was trying to know: that if everybody from world start sending khums to Iraq then what about people in many other countries who are in need of khums as well ?

• Advanced Member

Sorry but are you quoting Noble Quran or Narrations here or something else? Because I think all the above is what some maulvi has told you or you've been informed by a collector of Khums without recourse to divine scriptures.

Ali ibn Ibrahim ibn Hashim has narrated from his father from Hammad ibn Isa from certain persons of our people from the virtous servant of Allah who has said the following: "Fifty percent of al Khums belongs to him, (Leader with Divine Authority). The other fifty percent of al Khums belongs to his (the Holy Prophets's) family members. One portion is for the orphans thereof, one portion for the destitute thereof, one portion for those of them who become needy while on a journey. It is distributed among them according to the rules in the Book and the Sunnah.

The limit is amount that can suffice for their expenses for a whole year. If anything is left extra it will go to the Wali (Leader with Divine Authority). In the case if defict the Wali is responsible for providing and paying the deficit to meet their needs."

Al Kafi Hadeeth 1413 Chapter 130

"Whoever does anything from that without our order making it permissible to himself what is prohibited and eats anything from our right then he is filling his stomach with fire and will burn in Hell."

Imam e Zamana (ajtf) Bihar ul Anwar Volume 53

Where is there mention in any narration about having to give it to a marja, having to gain an ijaza? Where did the clerics get their licence to collect it on behalf of Imam (ajtf)? It's made clear khums is for Sayyids (sadaqa for the ummah) and not projects or buildings

Unless you think clerics are the ones with Divine Authority in which case guess what - you're a sunni.

Please stop misleading people with your or your maulvi's personal opinions on khums and it's distribution. There isn't a SINGLE narration that states it has to be paid to a cleric or an ijaza is allowed for it's collection by the cleric on behalf of Imam (ajtf) - it might serve you and others far better to read the history of how khums collection by the clerics came into place.

ALI

Sorry but are you quoting Noble Quran or Narrations here or something else? Because I think all the above is what some maulvi has told you or you've been informed by a collector of Khums without recourse to divine scriptures.

Ali ibn Ibrahim ibn Hashim has narrated from his father from Hammad ibn Isa from certain persons of our people from the virtous servant of Allah who has said the following: "Fifty percent of al Khums belongs to him, (Leader with Divine Authority). The other fifty percent of al Khums belongs to his (the Holy Prophets's) family members. One portion is for the orphans thereof, one portion for the destitute thereof, one portion for those of them who become needy while on a journey. It is distributed among them according to the rules in the Book and the Sunnah.

The limit is amount that can suffice for their expenses for a whole year. If anything is left extra it will go to the Wali (Leader with Divine Authority). In the case if defict the Wali is responsible for providing and paying the deficit to meet their needs."

Al Kafi Hadeeth 1413 Chapter 130

"Whoever does anything from that without our order making it permissible to himself what is prohibited and eats anything from our right then he is filling his stomach with fire and will burn in Hell."

Imam e Zamana (ajtf) Bihar ul Anwar Volume 53

Where is there mention in any narration about having to give it to a marja, having to gain an ijaza? Where did the clerics get their licence to collect it on behalf of Imam (ajtf)? It's made clear khums is for Sayyids (sadaqa for the ummah) and not projects or buildings

Unless you think clerics are the ones with Divine Authority in which case guess what - you're a sunni.

Please stop misleading people with your or your maulvi's personal opinions on khums and it's distribution. There isn't a SINGLE narration that states it has to be paid to a cleric or an ijaza is allowed for it's collection by the cleric on behalf of Imam (ajtf) - it might serve you and others far better to read the history of how khums collection by the clerics came into place.

ALI

So who do you send your Sehm-e-Imam to?

• Advanced Member

^^^

That's neither here or there where I send my sehme e Imam (ajtf) to but I can tell that I don't (and won't) send it to unlicensed tax collectors brazenly collecting on behalf of the Imam (ajtf) without any authority.

They don't have an ijaaza from the Imam (ajtf) but it's required from them for a person to spend (potentially) his own khums - if it wasn't so serious it would be funny.

But what you wrote has no backing at all in Noble Quran or Narrations so please don't dish out advice taken from non-fallibles as if it were such.

ALI

^^^

That's neither here or there where I send my sehme e Imam (ajtf) to but I can tell that I don't (and won't) send it to unlicensed tax collectors brazenly collecting on behalf of the Imam (ajtf) without any authority.

They don't have an ijaaza from the Imam (ajtf) but it's required from them for a person to spend (potentially) his own khums - if it wasn't so serious it would be funny.

But what you wrote has no backing at all in Noble Quran or Narrations so please don't dish out advice taken from non-fallibles as if it were such.

ALI

So you don't pay Khums - sehm-e-Imam. That sounds so much like Sunnis.

Do you see the dilemma of the leader-less horde??? And no, I never saw any haphazard person collecting Khums.

Its not a marja's fault that if you gave your khums to some charlatan, you got to do your research.

• Advanced Member

So you don't pay Khums - sehm-e-Imam. That sounds so much like Sunnis.

Do you see the dilemma of the leader-less horde??? And no, I never saw any haphazard person collecting Khums.

Its not a marja's fault that if you gave your khums to some charlatan, you got to do your research.

So this is your answer to narrations about conditions for khums and your justification for giving your own opinions about it's payment?

Great, thanks very much brother for your enlightened contribution.

ALI

^^^ That's neither here or there where I send my sehme e Imam (ajtf) to but I can tell that I don't (and won't) send it to unlicensed tax collectors brazenly collecting on behalf of the Imam (ajtf) without any authority. They don't have an ijaaza from the Imam (ajtf) but it's required from them for a person to spend (potentially) his own khums - if it wasn't so serious it would be funny. But what you wrote has no backing at all in Noble Quran or Narrations so please don't dish out advice taken from non-fallibles as if it were such. ALI

So this is your answer to narrations about conditions for khums and your justification for giving your own opinions about it's payment?

Great, thanks very much brother for your enlightened contribution.

ALI

So you won't answer my question. Who do you pay your Sehm-e-Imam to?

Now I'm positive you have never met the Last Imam, don't have enough eiman capital to see him, which in turn gives you justification to steal the right of your Last Imam (Sehm-e-Imam part of Khums which you don't pay to anybody currently), which will get you in this infinite cycle of eating haram - that is stolen goods.. and since you are stealing His right (that is not paying Sehm-e-Imam to Last Imam), you end up being even bigger sinner, in the same boat of those in Saqifa who devoured the right of 1st Imam... and so on...

Don't you see the flaw in anti-taqleedi leaderless crowd???

There are whole bunch others too but let's just settle Khums discussion..

Edited by Waiting for HIM
  • Advanced Member

^^^

Instead of snide comments and diversion why don't you read and respond to the narrations above? Are the ramblings of your favourite maulvi of more worth to you than the words of Aim'mah Masoom (as)?

In a reply to a letter sent to Imam e Zamana (ajtf) the Holy Imam (a) says: "About khums I waive my rights for our Shi'ah and make it permissible for our Shi'ah until the time of my reappearance so that their children are born clean and pious and remain legitimate."

---Bihar ul Anwar volume 53 / Wasail us Shia volume 6 chapter 4 tradition 16.

Imam Muhammad Baqir (as) has narrated that Imam Ali (as) has waived al khums for his Shi'ahs so their children are born legitimate.

---Illul Sharia

So please don't make baseless accusations about who is or isn't doing haraam. The injunction is on US to learn and have conviction in our faith, not to blindly accept what xyz says without question.

ALI.

• Advanced Member

Thanks, but this was not my point here :$

I was trying to know: that if everybody from world start sending khums to Iraq then what about people in many other countries who are in need of khums as well ?

And you really believe that Sayyid Sistani would horde all the money for himself and the Iraqi's only? that he doesn't have a network of people under him who distribute the monies throughout the muslim world? that you are the only one that can think of this and he is a completely brainless man? and did you know you can call his office and he does give permission for people to use their khums money in their respective countries?... sigh.