In the Name of God بسم الله

"scientific Research Has Confirmed The Miracle Of Prophet Muhamma

Rate this topic

• Veteran Member

Crack on moon confirms Prophet Muhammad (S) had split it

22moon_crack.jpg

Updated: March 22, 2008

By: Mohamed Ali

NEW YORK, United States: Recent scientific research has confirmed the miracle of Prophet Muhammad Al-Mostafa (peace be upon him and his holy progeny) regarding “moon splitting”.

It has been proved through a picture captured by NASA which was published throughout the world.

The photo from NASA using Apollo 10 and Apollo 11 shows a clear indication (a line) that the Moon was split in past.

The report, spread on scientific foundations in different global parts, said that the picture which illustrates splitting of moon confirms that the moon was split into two halves during its geological age. The report said the scientists were unable to give any scientific explanation for happening of ‘moon splitting’ as any such splitting was never happened to any heavenly body prior to what happened to the moon. The geologists assert that it is impossible that such a line appears save the moon was split into two halves and then it was rejoined.

This miracle of the Prophet (peace be upon him and his holy progeny) is mentioned in the beginning of Sura Al-Qamar (the moon) about the split of the moon [54:1] ‘The Hour has drawn near, and the moon has been cleft asunder (the people of Makkah requested Prophet Muhammad to show them a miracle, so he showed them the splitting of the moon)’.

The miracle existed at that time for the people of Quraiesh when they challenged the prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him and his holy progeny) to show them a miracle, or a proof that he is the Messenger of Allah.

The challenge was to split the moon in to two pieces when it is full.

As was related by Adbullah ibn Mas‘ud, while they were in Mina one night, Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him and his holy progeny) split the moon into two by a gesture of his index finger. The two parts had separated and receded so much apart from each other that to the on-lookers one part had appeared on one side of the mountain and the other on the other side of it. Then in an instant the two had rejoined. Then, the Prophet (peace be upon him and his holy progeny) turned to us and said: ‘Be witnesses!’

The amazing and wonderful phenomenon of the splitting of the Moon when it was full was a manifest sign of the truth that the Resurrection, of which the Holy Prophet was giving them the news, could take place and that it had approached near at hand.

This was a manifest proof of the truth that the system of the Universe was neither eternal nor immortal it could be disrupted. David Mosa Pidcook (leader on British Muslim Party) said: It was shown in BBC a program where there was a debate between three experts.

The discussion was about if the amount of money paid by NASA to send a human to land on the surface of the moon to study the inner structure of the moon was worth it or not?? The American government authorized a budget of $100, 000, 000, 000 (one hundred thousand million dollar) for this project. One of the discoveries of that project was that there is a layer of material that splits the moon into two halves and the only explanation to this discovery that the moon was split at some times in its history and rejoined!!!

YouTube:

[

]

Jafariya News Dot Com

Edited by someone50

The photo from NASA using Apollo 10 and Apollo 11 shows a clear indication (a line) that the Moon was split in past.

This miracle of the Prophet (peace be upon him and his holy progeny) is mentioned in the beginning of Sura Al-Qamar (the moon) about the split of the moon [54:1] ‘The Hour has drawn near, and the moon has been cleft asunder (the people of Makkah requested Prophet Muhammad to show them a miracle, so he showed them the splitting of the moon)’.

Salaams

Unfortunately this is only half the story. Does NASA tell us how long ago in the past did this splitting of the moon happen. It should match the timeline of the hadith that you have quoted. Then yes, you have proof of the Prophet's miracle of splitting the moon.

salaams

• Veteran Member
Salaams

Unfortunately this is only half the story. Does NASA tell us how long ago in the past did this splitting of the moon happen. It should match the timeline of the hadith that you have quoted. Then yes, you have proof of the Prophet's miracle of splitting the moon.

salaams

Quran 2:18]

Õõãøñ Èõßúãñ Úõãúíñ Ýóåõãú áÇó íóÑúÌöÚõæäó

Deaf, dumb, and blind, they will not return (to the path).

• Advanced Member

''The report said the scientists were unable to give any scientific explanation for happening of ‘moon splitting’ as any such splitting was never happened to any heavenly body prior to what happened to the moon. The geologists assert that it is impossible that such a line appears save the moon was split into two halves and then it was rejoined''

but the scientists didn't say the prophet did it .. lets not forget that just because group A doesn't have the answer, doesn't mean group B ( in this case religion ) does .

'there are many rilles on the Moon and they are in many different locations and go many different directions. Many of the rilles are of a curved shape and only extend a few km. There is NOT a single one that extends around the Moon. If the moon was split apart and then put back together, why would the "welded seam" be all over the place and go in all different directions?

Rilles are caused by the collapse of ancient underground lava tubes. Long ago when the Moon was still hot, river of molten lava flowed underground in lava tubes. Some of these tubes were close enough to the surface that when the "roof" above them collapsed, it formed these ridges on the surface that we see as rilles.'

ofcoarse when the moon was that hot ... it was millions and millions of years ago .. not a mere 1400 years ago .. wat do u think of this ?

btw, splitting the moon i admit seems to me a momumentous thing .. but where are all the witnesses, if the moon was split it half thousands of people would've recorded the event, or mentioned it, yet we don't c that AT ALL .. only 1 account , and a picture .. so i ask .. was everyone sleeping when this happened? weird ..

If something the prophet says contridicts science Allah will change science so it is fit to prophets words.

Let me put it this way.

Whatever the Prophet says that is scientific in nature, science will eventually prove. If not today, then Inshallah tomorrow but it will happen exactky the way the Prophet said whether the statement is from Quran or hadith.

Th question about the Prophet's miracle of splitting the moon is different in the sense that it comes not from the Quran but from hadith. If something they Prophet is alleged to say in hadith books that contradicts science then the scenario is that the Prophet did not say it but somebody put words in his mouth.

salaams

• Advanced Member
Let me put it this way.

Whatever the Prophet says that is scientific in nature, science will eventually prove. If not today, then Inshallah tomorrow but it will happen exactky the way the Prophet said whether the statement is from Quran or hadith.

Th question about the Prophet's miracle of splitting the moon is different in the sense that it comes not from the Quran but from hadith. If something they Prophet is alleged to say in hadith books that contradicts science then the scenario is that the Prophet did not say it but somebody put words in his mouth.

salaams

It is supposed to be kindda a quote we all know prophet Doesnt say anything that contridicts science, but he does things that contridict science e.g this miracle.

ofcoarse when the moon was that hot ... it was millions and millions of years ago .. not a mere 1400 years ago .. wat do u think of this ?

btw, splitting the moon i admit seems to me a momumentous thing .. but where are all the witnesses, if the moon was split it half thousands of people would've recorded the event, or mentioned it, yet we don't c that AT ALL .. only 1 account , and a picture .. so i ask .. was everyone sleeping when this happened? weird ..

Salaams Bro

You have made a very good suggestion. But you are not backing your statement with some source. If you have a link or a book source then that would be advisable.

You are also right about the witnessing aspect which I would assume would involve several countries in this regard and so we would have independent corroboration for this matter.

salaams

• Advanced Member

hm, well it wouldn't be possible since the prophet claims that he is madiinat il 3ilm'n all .. so im assuming the prophet is himself very scientific .. so he shouldnt really be contradicting science.

well Allah isnt changing science, scientists constantly challenge and put their theories into use to find mistakes and if there are any .. they correct and learn from them .. as far as we humans know .. the moon was not be split into half .. not because i said so .. but because if u study geology and if u study the moon .. u'd realise that the moon was once a very hot place .. just like the earth was million of years ago. when hot lava tubes collapse under the surface of the moon. . . u can even pretty much imagen wat happens .. the surface on top of it collapses .. and so u see this cut-looking shape. this should explain the picture presented ( which does not even go all around the moon in one line nor is it a deep scar looking thing .. just a wide dent .. dont u think ? )

now if i say that last year ( not 1400 years up in a mountain all alone ) i split the moon into 2 .. dont u think just one .. ONE person would've noticed something different about the moon ? lol .. excluding the people who are too busy at malls or the ones sleeping.. somebody must've said something. but in the moon splitting original story .. there wasnt a single witness around the world or anyone who wrote anything or drew an illustration of how it went ..

btw the story claims that the prophet split and then INSTANTLY put it back together, how instantly? like 1 nanosecond? how wide was it open? 1cm or 1km ? ofcoarse these things do make a differnce dont they ? u should think slightly open mindedly shia soldier

Edited by Ya_Hussain

It is supposed to be kindda a quote we all know prophet Doesnt say anything that contridicts science, but he does things that contridict science e.g this miracle.

The Prophet can never say or do anything that contradicts science. The mesaage of Allah through our Prophet has to be rational and not irrational. Miracles are not events that contradict science but miracles are those that science cannot prove yet.

salaams

• Advanced Member
Let me put it this way.

salaams

wise words dude ^_^

• Advanced Member

Yes you are all right. The prophet did split the moon.

The muslim world is therefore possessor of priveledged information about our solar system. This is why they are still eating shoes, stoning each other, kissing stones and running round a big stone building (out of the few NON-pagan-derrived islamic rituals).

Three cheers for the excelling muslims. Is there any bit for 'science' the quran has 'proved' that has been useful or revolutionary to this planet?

Go back to school and keep working like everyone else. For someone who automatically (robotically even) assumes a supernatural cause for any phenomenon emits nothing but ignorance and idiocy.

Call me a lunatic but... ;)

• Advanced Member
Yes you are all right. The prophet did split the moon.

The muslim world is therefore possessor of priveledged information about our solar system. This is why they are still eating shoes, stoning each other, kissing stones and running round a big stone building (out of the few NON-pagan-derrived islamic rituals).

Three cheers for the excelling muslims. Is there any bit for 'science' the quran has 'proved' that has been useful or revolutionary to this planet?

Go back to school and keep working like everyone else. For someone who automatically (robotically even) assumes a supernatural cause for any phenomenon emits nothing but ignorance and idiocy.

Call me a lunatic but... ;)

you're a lunatic ... hey girgara u cant be smart on shiachat, thats another rule here. . . everyone will charge u with copy paste [Edited Out] from google bout how they're rite and how u'll burn in hell ...

agool get me the obituary tshirt ok ? :P

• Advanced Member

On a more serious note, NASA have photographed lunar geography.

Where is their report of how the prophet of islam was involved in this? Has this shattered their hopes and expectations for our one and only moon? No. This is still science.

"Mohammed Ali" deceptively links two unrelated accounts. Nobody has 'confirmed' anything but him. You'd need a theocosmologist to proove this one haha. It doesn't look like the infidels at NASA, New York, or the entire 'West' have any interest in this.

I bet that someone on some island also believes that his/her long gone prophet split the moon once, and i also bet that this work 'confirms' this.

Is it alot that the rational ask for? I invite you to use your heads (notice how u do not threaten to decapitate you if you choose not to).

• Veteran Member
doesn't look like the infidels at NASA, New York, or the entire 'West' have any interest in this.

Not all the infidels have the % of hatred and boiling for revenge as of yourself. I ask you to calm down!!! Scroll up, read your replies again, and think for a while, see if you really sound reasonable..!

Don't always think negative! Not all the world is escapee like you, who may experienced some political defeat or everything wasn't designed as of your desires, and now barking every chance and min he got, "to try to discredit Islam", or lower Muslims and Islam's stance on anything that you 'think' of it..

What you got buddy? What is your beliefs? I can see your avatar picture, that explain something, but why not to be brave enough and challenge of anything you got in your pockets!

Christian? Jews? Baha'i? Atheist? Communist? Fascist? Indo? nothing? just a piece of 'trouble' and 'insulter' ?

Again, not all the infidels could be represented by you!

And do not get excited about your status, to think that you are accepted as equal infidel as other western infidels "Mr MousaWi"! you are only granted or treated as a second class infidel!

• Advanced Member

Not all the infidels have the % of hatred and boiling for revenge as of yourself. I ask you to calm down!!! Scroll up, read your replies again, and think for a while, see if you really sound reasonable..!

Don't always think negative! Not all the world is escapee like you, who may experienced some political defeat or everything wasn't designed as of your desires, and now barking every chance and min he got, "to try to discredit Islam", or lower Muslims and Islam's stance on anything that you 'think' of it..

What you got buddy? What is your beliefs? I can see your avatar picture, that explain something, but why not to be brave enough and challenge of anything you got in your pockets!

Christian? Jews? Baha'i? Atheist? Communist? Fascist? Indo? nothing? just a piece of 'trouble' and 'insulter' ?

Again, not all the infidels could be represented by you!

And do not get excited about your status, to think that you are accepted as equal infidel as other western infidels "Mr MousaWi"! you are only granted or treated as a second class infidel!

No fascist here but yourself. To stratify people upon faith, and arrogantly assume you belong to a superior sect. To me humans are equal. My avatar shows Islamic justice (barbarism). Study it, absorb it and enjoy what it has to offer from mysogyny and sex-crazed fantasy.

I am not an 'escapee' nor am i 'politically defeated'. I am a student at Aberdeen University, Scotland, working through a medical degree. I am from Kuwait, have left on a scholarship to study here and will return to live and work in my country. Unlike some - just because i am a Mousawi (a Sayyed) and was born muslim - i have stopped fooling myself. Trust me, i know my Islam. I choose to abandon it. The faith i was born into wants people like me dead. A simple example of it's obvious human origins, and for that matter, failure as a philosophy and practice. Do you want to kill me? Get ur knives and guns out and get ready for heaven.

I have not replied with a challenge. This moon business is nonsense and nobody chooses to think, but rather automatically swallow. Pity. What can i challenge? A stance that is not even theory with any provable arms? What do u want me to challenge? That god created the universe? not only that, but the muslim god Allah is the right one? What do u want to talk about? Why virgins are liberally dispersed in heaven? Or do u want to talk about the ever present jinn and demons? Pick something, really.

• Advanced Member

It would also help if a muslim believer in this issue actually answered something. I as well as others must have asked at least five or six questions. But again, pre-established arrogance assumes that one can post something as radical as this moon 'shattering proof' without being questioned. Sorry for not blindly accepting as miracle.

The insignificance of this new craze is infinite.

• Advanced Member
NEW YORK, United States: Recent scientific research has confirmed the miracle of Prophet Muhammad Al-Mostafa (peace be upon him and his holy progeny) regarding “moon splitting”.

It has been proved through a picture captured by NASA which was published throughout the world.

Recent huh? Apollos 10 and 11 were 40 years ago!!!!!

This photograph does not show a "crack in the moon." It is a lunar rille, and it is a very small feature that extends only a tiny distance across the surface of the moon.

You guys will believe anything!

• Advanced Member
''The report said the scientists were unable to give any scientific explanation for happening of 'moon splitting' as any such splitting was never happened to any heavenly body prior to what happened to the moon. The geologists assert that it is impossible that such a line appears save the moon was split into two halves and then it was rejoined''

but the scientists didn't say the prophet did it .. lets not forget that just because group A doesn't have the answer, doesn't mean group B ( in this case religion ) does .

'there are many rilles on the Moon and they are in many different locations and go many different directions. Many of the rilles are of a curved shape and only extend a few km. There is NOT a single one that extends around the Moon. If the moon was split apart and then put back together, why would the "welded seam" be all over the place and go in all different directions?

Rilles are caused by the collapse of ancient underground lava tubes. Long ago when the Moon was still hot, river of molten lava flowed underground in lava tubes. Some of these tubes were close enough to the surface that when the "roof" above them collapsed, it formed these ridges on the surface that we see as rilles.'

As if the Scientist will say, 'prophet did it'.

Hasn't the athestic world always doubted the supernatural, and tried to explain things, within its own limited perception.

If your attempts are genuine, no harm done.

But if you are saying this as a grudge against Islam, to promote doubts in the minds of believer, - than pray that this does not become a curse upon you on the day of judgment.

The statement, 'geologist are baffled, and assert, that it is impossible that such a line appears save the moon was split into two halves and then it was rejoined', -- puts enough weight on the scales for us believe this to be the miracle by prophet (saw).

You said, "there are many rilles on the Moon and they are in many different locations and go many different directions". --- we'd like to see the the photos of these rilles.

Salaams

salaams

(salam)

Is there even an historical proof for this happening?

Knight, the way you put thing forward I sometimes wonder, where do you really stand.

Khair..

Zufa, I heard the splitting of the moon was witnessed by a king in India.

I believe the report matched the timeline (as they put it) with the hadith of the splitting of the moon.

This might be the proof you require.

The incident relating to King Chakrawati Farmas is documented in an old manuscript in the India Office Library, London, which has reference number: Arabic, 2807, 152-173. It was quoted in the book "Muhammad Rasulullah," by M. Hamidullah:

http://www.intisaarul.netfirms.com/splitting_of_the_moon.htm

Edited by Ali Fazel

• Veteran Member

No fascist here but yourself. To stratify people upon faith, and arrogantly assume you belong to a superior sect.

You would rather spend sometimes on your research and check more on your campus library! I am fascist for preaching my religion and not attacking others? You are such a loser who has a present in a Muslim forum, accusing them, attacking, disrespecting, and INSULTS. And now I am the only fascist here to bring evidence to proof the beliefs of the same followers in a scientific manner? Just imagine if you had the power to approach people physically! another Stalin? or Your Kings? Who locked up the whole nations?

I am not an 'escapee' nor am i 'politically defeated'. I am a student at Aberdeen University, Scotland, working through a medical degree. I am from Kuwait, have left on a scholarship to study here and will return to live and work in my country.

There is no doubt of your 'defeat'. First you chose to be a loser and for not losing your medical degree abandoned your religion to keep up with your scholarship from the kingdom of your country's dictatorship, where almost 45% of a nation is oppressed.

Your second defeat is, the nature of your country and government. I rather die than to live a humiliated life under the governments of Saudi, Egypt, Bahrain, Kuwait! A robot has much enjoyable and respected life than such citizens of the world, who even breath with the permission of their God fathers of Israel, America, UK!

Unlike some - just because i am a Mousawi (a Sayyed) and was born muslim - i have stopped fooling myself. Trust me, i know my Islam. I choose to abandon it. The faith i was born into wants people like me dead. A simple example of it's obvious human origins, and for that matter, failure as a philosophy and practice. Do you want to kill me? Get ur knives and guns out and get ready for heaven.

There is no proof in a public forum on the net for your claims of being an ex-Muslim. God knows what you are...

But, anyhow, what is your MESSAGE? What you found? Anything better, lets say all of your BS and claims are true.. what is the alternative for the mankind? You have any solid solution or faith to be the example of perfect way of life for us on earth?

Insult and accusation while you are just NOBODY!

I have not replied with a challenge. This moon business is nonsense and nobody chooses to think, but rather automatically swallow. Pity. What can i challenge? A stance that is not even theory with any provable arms? What do u want me to challenge? That god created the universe? not only that, but the muslim god Allah is the right one? What do u want to talk about? Why virgins are liberally dispersed in heaven? Or do u want to talk about the ever present jinn and demons? Pick something, really.

Well, you have 100s of insults and criticizing everyone, I thought you have something to present us for a better world? We witnessed all of your godfathers and people and faiths that you claim to be your only safe house and your safeguards!

I encourage you to not be that childish of pointing out things where it may close a course of discussion and people enlist you in the groups of 'ignores'!

Dr. Mousawi you have nothing to rely on, and to create a profile for you to be able to face a challenge. (1 unknown and 1 known can't be called in the rank for a challenge and face off. You are adult enough to know that.)

• Advanced Member
geologist are baffled, and assert, that it is impossible that such a line appears save the moon was split into two halves and then it was rejoined

I have yet to find anything to support this statement. Is there any data/research/published literature that expresses this stance? (the trick of producing something thrown together by a muslim 'geologist' is getting old too so don't bother surprising us).

Do u realise the potential magnitude of this event? Forgotten that the moon's orbit governs tidal oscillation etc?

Does knightstemplar have to lie and deny the obvious to be on your side? Luckily the moon is still with us and is covered in rilles. Look.

I like the story about the Indian King. You wholeheartedly accept it.. what makes it more valuable to you than say the 'tampered-with' Bible or Torah?

post-96-1206405741.jpg

post-96-1206405788_thumb.jpg

post-96-1206405809.jpg

post-96-1206405821_thumb.jpg

• Advanced Member

Dear someone50,

You bore me to death with your ranting about Kuwait. I like the one about abandoning my religion to keep up with my scholarship (how that makes sense i do not know). You seem to like the word defeat and loser but can't seem to incorporate them into useful sentences due to your mediocre English. Let me know when you can articulate better.

I salute you for denying the fact i was ever muslim... i wish i never was! Thanx :rolleyes:

More importantly, I see no trace of your science in answering any questions posed by us in this moon thread.. and i don't have to be 'somebody' to not be a blind follower. A light sprinkle of common sense does the trick for anyone. Being childish is thinking that life is perfect and there is only one way of living it, which is also perfect. Cannot help but feel a resonance of fascism in your vision.

P.S. I have no MESSAGE, unlike you i'm not on a horse with my sword waving in the air, preaching. When i hear BS from an ignorant faction i will not allow the subsequent exploitation and reprogramming of more gullible folk. You can see for yourself the destructive power of religion.

• Advanced Member

Dirac Delta function,

I stopped visiting this site a good while ago, but couldn't help notice the lunacy of this particular thread. I have stopped arguing with people about anything Islamic and so on, but the constant rape of science and reason has not helped keep me away.

Regards,

Hassan Al-Mousawi

• Advanced Member

Apart from copy+pasting a nonsensical, unscientific pseudoarticle about the moon and the prophet, you have not yet said anything to answer my questions or anyones in this thread about your claims. I have posted replies and pictures, so has Ya_Hussain and THHuxley. All of which you have ignored. I think i have made more of an effort to reveal truth than you have. You have more energy when it comes to rambling about Kuwait, my name, other arab countries and even managed to mention UK, USA and Israel.

I will let your Highness do the schooling, you are the most knowledgeable on lunar geology after all (which is why u haven't said anything despite all the evidence thrown in your direction.

I am not surprised you find me and my adherence to reality boring, since i don't have any supernatural or magical articles to post here. Just more pictures of lunar rilles which cover the surface. Guess it's not as good as what you're 'offering the world'.. lies and bad grammar.

Will gladly leave this thread/forum/site for good, as soon as you finish the thread you started and prove that your claims are in fact true, with respect to the questions raised by everyone, the other photographs and any published data you may have.

-Hassan

I have NEVER believed this myth on apparent proof of the moon splitting

While I will admit that there are certain things in islamic thought, especially some stuff in Nahjul-Balagah that science has verified; we also have to be aware of when people "look for evidence". because usually when you wish to find something bad enough, then you usually end up doing just that ;)

As if the Scientist will say, 'prophet did it'.

Knight, the way you put thing forward I sometimes wonder, where do you really stand.

Khair..

ASA Bro

It would make me very happy if our Prophet did split the moon as requested of him. But Modern Methodologies demand the question can be solved as follows:

1 - Is there any evidence the moon really split?

2 - If the answer is no, then the matter ceases there and the hadith is fake. It does not mean Islam or our Prophet is fake. Somehow my brethren seem to think that if the hadith is fake then its game over. I never suggested that.

3 - If the answer is yes, then what is the independent evidence to support the splitting of the moon.

4 - And lastly WHEN can scientists place the splitting of the moon on a timeline.

Suppose if the scientists came back and said yes the moon was split 5000 years ago, would common sense not demand that we debunk the hadith?

salaams

^

(salam)

Agreed, except for one part - just because there is no evidence does not mean the hadith is fake (nor does this "evidence" prove it is true). Allah does not need to leave evidence after performing a miracle, and scientists themselves have been known to make mistakes. Our understanding of the natural world is still elementary especially when it comes to objects outside of the earth.

However, can someone post a link or a citation or a reference to some official NASA scientist, document, or release saying that the moon seems to have been split and put back together? I have heard this from Muslims sources and from "new age" sources but not the official report.

Ultimately, whatever NASA says means nothing to our faith. We believe in Allah and the Prophet for much higher reasons than what NASA does or does not say. It's something interesting, a curiosity, but that's about it.

• Advanced Member
The statement, 'geologist are baffled, and assert, that it is impossible that such a line appears save the moon was split into two halves and then it was rejoined', -- puts enough weight on the scales for us believe this to be the miracle by prophet (saw).

It might if it were true. The problem is that it is not true. No lunar geologist has ever said anything vaguely resembling this, This picture can even be found on the Nasa web site at http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap021029.html, but the discussion underneath says nothing about "baffled" geologists or a split moon. In fact, it says this:

"What could cause a long indentation on the Moon? First discovered over 200 years ago with a small telescope, rilles (rhymes with pills) appear all over the Moon. Three types of rilles are now recognized: sinuous rilles, which have many meandering curves, arcuate rilles which form sweeping arcs, and straight rilles, like Ariadaeus Rille pictured above. Long rilles such as Ariadaeus Rille extend for hundreds of kilometers. Sinuous rilles are now thought to be remnants of ancient lava flows, but the origins of arcuate and linear rilles are still a topic of research. The above linear rille was photographed by the Apollo 10 crew in 1969 during their historic approach to only 14-kilometers above the lunar surface. Two months later, Apollo 11, incorporating much knowledge gained from Apollo 10, landed on the Moon."

Hmmmm.... I see no bafflement reflected in that paragraph. But at least it identifies the specific rille in the photo. It is the Ariadeaus Rille, and it's a big one. How big? Just over 300 kilometers long.

Sadly, that's not very long in comparison to the size of the moon. It certainly is not big enough to be evidence of the moon cracking in half. Such a split would create a crack roughly 10,864 kilometers long... or about 35 times bigger than the "crack" in the photo.

If you want a better photo of the rille (and proof that it is not a complete crack around the moon) go here:

http://www.lpod.org/?m=20070816

Zufa, I heard the splitting of the moon was witnessed by a king in India.

I believe the report matched the timeline (as they put it) with the hadith of the splitting of the moon.

This might be the proof you require.

Too bad that the supposed king in question did not apparently live at the same time the prophet did.

Oooops!