Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
MichiMag

Syed Ammar Nakshawani

Rate this topic

I think i have said clearly that im talking about a phenomenon not individuals.

So Solid Shia, first of all when you are talking to a Muslim brother you might want respect to be your priority rather than a gangsta wannabe slang pose (altough it may explain your acceptance for pop-Shiaism as you are already heavily influenced by pop culture anyway). Its nice for brother Ammar Nakshawani to do private majalis for free at least, really good to hear that.

And yes I have discussed this with people, including a few scholars who share these concerns (again, concerns are about the phenomenon and not individuals).

I think i have said clearly that im talking about a phenomenon not individuals.

Oh yes with your extremely subtle ways of posting in a topic called "SYED AMMAR NAKSHAWANI"

So Solid Shia, first of all when you are talking to a Muslim brother you might want respect to be your priority rather than a gangsta wannabe slang pose (altough it may explain your acceptance for pop-Shiaism as you are already heavily influenced by pop culture anyway).

So you want to pull the MUSLIM BROTHER card...why didn't you think of that before you started runnin your mouth about another muslim whose done more for Islam than you probably ever have (INSHALLAH I HOPE YOU DO LOADS OF THINGS THOUGH!!!!! WOOHOO) Hmm about being influenced by the Pop culture..sorry I'm not too fond of Britney .....I didn't think Gangster wannabes were influenced by the Pop Culture..rather GANGSTA'ISM!!!!!!!!! DUhHHhHhHH :wacko:

And first you say..SPECIFICALLY ABOUT AMMAR NAKSHAWANI :

I dont like the celebrity status that ppl give him. Together with his charges for majlis it kinda makes me think we are witnessing a rise of pop-Shiaism.

Then you decided to change your tone

And yes I have discussed this with people, including a few scholars who share these concerns (again, concerns are about the phenomenon and not individuals).

So what are you saying then 'BLUD' ?????????? That ammar nakshawani is not an individual, but a PHENOMENON?????

NOW WHOSE THE ONE GIVING HIM THE POP-SHIA HABIBI-LICIOUS STATUS???????????????????????????

FIX UP LoOoOok sharppppppppppppppppppppppp

JazA-KALLAH KHAIR BROTHER BIG UP YOURSELF!!!! SUBHANALLAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

xxxxx

Edited by SO SOLID SHIA

Syed Ammar Nakshawani is the best !!..and no one is treating him like a Muslim celeb. unfortunelty he’s not on tv or he aint signing no autographs. he’s just a good speaker and a lot of the youth can relate to what he actually says. i lOveee his accenttttt brapsss !

'celebrity status THAT PPL GIVE HIM' - if you see any personal insult against Sayyed Nakshawani here then you must be as smart as many of your gangsta idols. And yes, the so-called gangsta culture is part of pop culture, in fact these days its the major part of popular music scene and even the Britneys and Timberlakes and Aguileras want to cooperate with black rap artists. Popular culture is a broader term than what is usually being referred to as 'pop music' by which the sweet likes of Britney and boybands are meant. The fact that something began as 'subculture' or 'counterculture' does not change the fact that it is in fact a niche part of popular culture. Popular culture is not limited to its most fashionable or best selling aspects. labels that gangsta rappers record for are usually owned by the same major labels that Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake record for and you can see their videos on the same TV stations that you see Britney on and young gangsta wannabees give gangsta rappers the same idol status as a 'pop' music fan would give to Oasis. The funny thing is that i actually like many rap artists myself but what I cant comprehend is how a Muslim would drop Islamic akhlaq/manners to adopt the gangsta wannabe culture/ways of addressing people, etc. Same thing about Sayyed Nakshawani, i obviously enjoy his lectures as most shias do but the new celebrity-like phenomenon that he is a part of (along with some other speakers and thats what i mean by phenomenon, not that Sayyed Nakshawani is a phenomenon on his own) troubles me.

Guyz... letz be friendz

We like SoSolid, and we like 786Abdullah, and both of you say you like (ahem) Nakshaswizzle

As for the phenomenon of "pop Shi'ism", I think it comes from the fact that there is no deep Islamic heritage or legacy in the West, nor is there ready access to deep Islamic scholarship. However, there is an increasing number of young Muslims here who speak English (or other Western languages) as their primary language. They do want to identify with Islam (in particular, Shi'a Islam) and hold to whoever and whatever develops and reinforces that identify, especially in a place where they are the minority. I'm sure it will "even out" after a couple generations and when (inshallah) Islam is more established here.

And, hey, better "pop Shi'ism" than no Shi'ism at all....

To stay on topic, Yes Nakshwani is married, his wife is from the Qazwini family........meaning that Yes he is related to the Moderrasis, shirazis and obviously the Qazwini's........

Assalaam aleikoem

Does anybody know to which hawza or which marje3 sayyed Nakshawani belongs? It doesnt matter at all because what he offers to islam is great. I'm just curious.

Wassalaam.

oh and by the way brov, Nakshwani is not sayyed....so jus say Sheikh Nakshwani out of respect

oh and by the way brov, Nakshwani is not sayyed....so jus say Sheikh Nakshwani out of respect

I thought he is sayyed. . .

I also am a bit disturbed by the celebrity status people give him. Yes, the brother is a powerful speaker, but he should be spoken of with dignity and respect. There are other good speakers.

From what I know he has recently started his studies in the Hawzah of London. Other than that he has no formal religious education. I shall clarify before any gangsta jumps on me with accusations - im not saying this to belittle him but just to clarify that he is not a Shaykh. He is just an orator. And this is actually part of the problem for me - many of us look forward to popular orators' lectures more than proper scholars' lectures and we pay them a lot more.

Yes i understand you ^....i had a lecture on this in Iran, regarding scholars who have studied for many years and arent able to teach the youth of the west today, just because they dont speak english......i mean i'm sorry but u should be able to understand ure own language, its bizarre if u dont in my opinion, even i dont understand my language fully but atleast i try to....not pin pointing at anyone but i know people who only understand english, will do anything to listen to an english speaker now a days regardless of whether they'v studied in the hawza or not, and this is one of the main reasons why these scholars who have studied or 15-20 years in the hawza arent able to preach the message to the youth but just to the adults, who'v heard majalises for soo many years, its the youth thats lacking behind.....

Edited by Tears of Karbala

Islam never came for gangsters to take the podium.

Take your street culture elsewhere people.

Let's not be prejudiced. It's not our decision to decide who has a worthwhile culture and who does not. The fact that rich and powerful people speak certain ways does not make their dialect morally superior to other dialects. I'm sure we wouldn't tell people writing "street Arabic" to take their "street culture" elsewhere and write only in fusha/formal Arabic. As long as someone is not saying something profane, all dialects of English (or other languages) are welcome here.

Edited by BintAlHoda

I thought he is sayyed. . .

I also am a bit disturbed by the celebrity status people give him. Yes, the brother is a powerful speaker, but he should be spoken of with dignity and respect. There are other good speakers.

(salam)

I dont know why you seem disturbed by the so called "celebrity status" you should be happy that the youth have a young speaker that they can relate to so well, yes there are other good speakers, but some people rather the way that he addresses the younger people and how he explains things very simply. Also the way he addresses history through quran and hadith so well. there is no problem or issue in holding him in such a great and high respect, i saw a great impact that he left here on many individuals in Muharram. May Allah(swt) bless him. i believe he is the best english speaker we have, however i believe all the english shia speakers are excellent. May Allah(swt) bless them all.

ws