Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Truth3000

No Sunni Mosques In Tehran ?

Rate this topic

sallam

well there is no sunni or shia mosque i dont recognize the diffarance and i assume iran assumes as well if not for the simple fact that there is no diffarance between a sunni or shia mosque then for the sake of unity.

btw Sunnis do pray in mosques in iran with shias.

ws

well i dont agree with this whole idea of mosque is not shia or sunni, yet it sounds great but not quite practical. I know in DHA Lahore, some shiites wanted to set up a Shia mosque, and the same answer was given by DHA admin that the Mosque is just mosque not shia or sunni......

But guess what all the Mosques are in fact Sunni...........

so I hope its not the same in Tehran, the Sunnis (if they are in significant numbers that is) should be allowed to have their own mosques.

PS The incident I referred to was ONLY about DHA Lahore, otherwise we have plenty of Shiite mosques in Lahore (one right next to DHA)

Mosques primary function is to maintain prayers, and being Sunni nor Shia should not be a big deal in drawing a distinction between mosques. If Sunnis are in such disagreement about whether to commemorate the Imams as a Shia mosque would do, they should not take part in these events. But in terms of there being a separate "Sunni" mosque, where the Ahlul Bayt (as) would not be given precedence and importance, would undermine the foundations of the Islamic Republic and undermine the true Islam that Shia Iran is trying to expand amongst the Sunni goliath surrounding it.

What about Christians , Jews or others wanting to pray? Are the welcome in the Mosques?

I visited Egypt recently. One thing that struck me was that I never saw women praying in the Mosques. Actually I never saw women praying at all. In the hotel where I was living there was a restaurant on the roof. (BTW very nice, except they did not serve alcohol) . At certain times a carpet was spread out and some men were praying. But no women participated. Why? The way I understand many egyptian wives are treated by their men, they really would need the help of God. So why do not women pray?

(salam)

I have heard about sunnis having their mosques in other towns where you they are sunnis in there because on the above side or the protals of the mosques it say abu bakr and under it, 'umar and under it, uthman and then 'ali but I don't know of sunni mosques in tehran.

I do know that the Islamic republic of Iran does not discriminate sunnis, they are treated as are shi'ahs but have in mind that Iran is a shi'ah country, and at it, we are the only official shi'ah country surrounded by sunni countries that help the zionists against us, but still Iran does not have any discrimination against sunnis, the mosques do actually exist but I don't know about tehran as I stated earlier.

wassalam

Guest fatima2003

there are two sections of the masjid one is for men one is for the women..... the women have a seperate enterance from the men.... also it is better for the women that they pray in their homes so it is not common that u will see many women in the masjid..... though women are not forbidden......it would generally only be on a friday that u will see women in the masjid and that is to listen to khutba......... im a woman... i know....

There should be mosque for sunnis where they can pray behind their imam, like there are mosques dedicated for shias in the middle east. I live in dubai and we have our mosques, imam bargahs, so why not in iran?

Salam 3alekom.

Well, Sunnis do not pray with Shiaas in mosques since there are differences between these two sects. Sunnis, which account for 90% of world-wide Muslims pray according to the Sunnah. The athan--or call to prayer--is also different. Shiaas have extra phrases added to the athan which praise Ali (Karam Allah wajhaa).

I am a Sunni, living in Qatar, and I have a Shiaa mosque in my neighborhood. Shiaas's sunset prayer is 5 minutes ahead of Sunnis, which is not acceptable according to Sunnis; so I wonder how they could pray the sunset prayer together.

Its really sad that Sunnis cant pray in their own mosque like what 90% of the 1.5 billion people do in other areas of the world. Allah Kareem.

Salaam

Is it true that there isn't a Sunni Mosque in Tehran ?

Or maybe in the entire country ?

One that is recognised by the Shia in Iran ?

W'salaam

what is the source of that!!

i asked an Iranian who lives in Tehran and she said it is a lie

Salam 3alekom.

Well, Sunnis do not pray with Shiaas in mosques since there are differences between these two sects. Sunnis, which account for 90% of world-wide Muslims pray according to the Sunnah. The athan--or call to prayer--is also different. Shiaas have extra phrases added to the athan which praise Ali (Karam Allah wajhaa).

I am a Sunni, living in Qatar, and I have a Shiaa mosque in my neighborhood. Shiaas's sunset prayer is 5 minutes ahead of Sunnis, which is not acceptable according to Sunnis; so I wonder how they could pray the sunset prayer together.

Its really sad that Sunnis cant pray in their own mosque like what 90% of the 1.5 billion people do in other areas of the world. Allah Kareem.

Just want to correct something bro, the line praising Imam Ali(as) is technically not part of the adhan for Shias, it is added to reinforce Imam Ali's imamat, but can be left out if they want.

Anyways, if they don't have a Sunni mosque in Tehran, they should. Iran shouldn't be intolerant like the Saudis where they don't allow Shias to have mosques. Though atleast in Iran Sunnis are free to pray with Shias, in Saudi Shias would get beat if they tried to pray with the wahabis.

Christians and Jews have every right to attend a mosque to learn about Islam. As for prayer, I really don't think they should pray over there because they do not believe in Islam. A mosque is a place to worship Allah, and since the Christians and Jews have beliefs that contradict the teachings of the Quran, they are worshipping something else besides Allah as stated in the Quran.

Are Muslims not allowed to attend a Christian Church to pray if there is no Mosque nearby?. Are they only allowed to attend a church to learn about Christianity?, or are they allowed to attend to pray to Allah?. Yet again, the hypocrisy and double standards by some members.

There should be mosque for sunnis where they can pray behind their imam, like there are mosques dedicated for shias in the middle east. I live in dubai and we have our mosques, imam bargahs, so why not in iran?

Sunnis are free to pray in any Mosque they want. Even behind their own imam. Besides in areas where Sunni are in majority they administer masjids.

So what is the problem.

Also is Masjid al-Haram (Kaaba-Mecca) or Masjid al-Nabawi (Madinah) a Sunni mosque or a Shia mosque? If Sunni and Shia can pray togather at Islams holiest sites why cant they elsewhere?

WS

Are Muslims not allowed to attend a Christian Church to pray if there is no Mosque nearby?. Are they only allowed to attend a church to learn about Christianity?, or are they allowed to attend to pray to Allah?. Yet again, the hypocrisy and double standards by some members.

i dont think this is a double standard or hypocrisy (and it would be nice if you would be thoughtful in your phrasing of things)

however i do think it is a misconception, first of all if we believe in god then there is only one god to worship, there may be variations on how we perceive god or what aspects we emphasize, but it is still god. so the question of "do muslims and christians worship the same god?" is kind of odd (although i've heard it before), because we humans don't create god. and it doesn't matter whether you say "god" or "Allah" or some other word, different names do not change the thing.

maybe what she meant is engaging in the ritual prayers (bowing, reciting quran chapters, etc), as that might not be as meaningful to someone who did not fully engage in all aspects of the ritual (such as why we face mecca, or acknowledging the prophethood of the prophet (A)). if someone who is not muslim wants to do it for the sake of worship or for the experience they are welcome to, but it is good if they are aware of what they are saying as, technically, saying "i believe there is no god but Allah and no prophet but muhammad" (as we say at the end of the prayers) makes a person a muslim! (if they are serious about it)

u can clearly see on iran border LA SHIA WALA SUNNI all are equal :P ...aap ko kiya problem hai bhai ....iran gov clearly states that they r not sunni nor shia :D ,comon man goahed offer your prayers....

(bismillah)

Actually the Iranian constitution clearly states that The official religion of Iran is Islam and the Twelver Ja'fari school[in usual al-Din and fiqh], and this principle will remain eternallyimmutable.

Other Islamic schools, including the Hanafi, Shafi'i, Maliki, Hanbali,and Zaydi, are to be accorded full respect, and their followers arefree to act in accordance with their own jurisprudence in performingtheir religious rites. These schools enjoy official status in matterspertaining to religious education, affairs of personal status(marriage, divorce, inheritance, and wills) and related litigation incourts of law. In regions of the country where Muslims following anyone of these schools of fiqh constitute the majority, localregulations, within the bounds of the jurisdiction of local councils,are to be in accordance with the respective school of fiqh, withoutinfringing upon the rights of the followers of other schools.

Yes. It is true that there are no Sunni mosques allowed in Tehran. But in other cities it is allowed.

This dates back to Shah's time and it has not been changed after the revolution.

It is wrong and hypocritical not to allow our Sunni brothers have their own places of worship. I hope the Iranian government changes this unfair law soon.

I am in the middle of a debate with some Salafis and they are saying and arguing that The Iranian Government does not allow Sunni Mosques to exist or to be built in Tehran The Capital of the Country i would like to know if this is true or not can someone clarify if this is true or not

Guest Nargela

There is great stress upon Shia/Sunni Unity in Iran and Imam Khomeini was biggest supporter for this unity.

1. The Constitution of Iran and Imam Khomeini was very clear that labeling Mosques as Shia or Sunni is division of Muslim Unity. It is a curse to say this is Shia Mosque or this is Sunni Mosque. Nay, all Mosques are only and only for Allah.

2. Iranian Law says:

If there is an Area where majority is of SHIAs, then Sunni are asked to pray behind Shia Imam.

While Areas, where there is Sunni Majority, there Shias are also asked to go in that same Sunni Mosque and pray behind the Sunni Imam and they are not allowed to open up their any Separate Mosque.

There may be few deviations to this RULE, but in 80-90% this rules is practiced in it's sprit and indeed Shias are compelled to pray behind Sunni Imams.

Even Ayatullah Khaminei and all Shia Mujtahids themselves prayed several times behind Sunni Imams and that without any problem.

IRAN: There are 10000 Ahle Sunnah Mosques in Iran where Sunni Imams lead the Prayer

The Fasiq Fitna mongers keep on coming with every type of false accusations in order to incite hatred among the Muslim Ummah. While Allah (swt) says to esquire if any Fasiq brings you a news. The reality is:

There are totally 70000 Mosques in Iran.

While 10000 of them are from Ahle-Sunnah Brothers and Sunni Imams lead their the prayers.

This means, for every 500 Sunnies there is one Mosque in Iran, while for 1100 Shias there is only one mosque. Iranian Law states, there is no Shia Mosque or Sunni Mosque, but all Mosques are Houses of Allah. The areas where Sunnies are in majority, there Shias are not allowed to make their separate mosques, but to go and pray behind the Sunni Imam and vice versa. It may be in some areas there is corruption and deviation from this Rule, but where in world things are 100% corruption free? In general Shias have absolutely no Problems in praying behind Sunni Imams in Iran and Vice Versa.

http://www.wilayat.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=867:Lies-that-there-are-NO-Sunni-Mosques-in-Iran-Tehran&catid=60:present-century-propagandas

PS : Don't bother argueing they wont give in even after clear evedeince there that ignorant.

Edited by Nargela

I am in the middle of a debate with some Salafis and they are saying and arguing that The Iranian Government does not allow Sunni Mosques to exist or to be built in Tehran The Capital of the Country i would like to know if this is true or not can someone clarify if this is true or not

If they know someone in Sydney Australia send them to the sunni mosque by the name ali ibn abi Talib(a.s) aka lakemba mosque. U will see shia ulema praying tarawih prayers there every evening.

So that's a proof that there could be Sunni mosques in Iran too.

If they know someone in Sydney Australia send them to the sunni mosque by the name ali ibn abi Talib(a.s) aka lakemba mosque. U will see shia ulema praying tarawih prayers there every evening.

So that's a proof that there could be Sunni mosques in Iran too.

how is a mosque in australia proof odf a mosque in Iran????

Salamulaykum, I live in one of South East Asia country which is with less or very less Shia population. The problem is if Shia do not open their own Husseiniyyah, Hawza, Mossque etc., they will never allowed to practice their own prayers or ritual and believe. How can we expect a speaker mentioning the historical details of the death of nabi sawa, the dismissal of Hazrat Fatimah ahs, the Karbala history, the wars of Imam Ali as. etc. As I grown from the Sunni family background, Sunni never ever discuss the topics openly.

I think there are three reasons why there are no Sunni mosques in Tehran.

1. Safety reasons- would be a great place for Wahabis to congregate and destroy Tehran.

2. Shiite ideology- why does Iran have to have one if they're a country promoting Shiite Islamic ideals?

3. A mosque is a mosque. We should try our best to avoid these labels.

According to the laws of the land and the fatwa of the Departed Imam (qas) , mosques are not classified as "Sunni" or "Shia."

Edited by baradar_jackson

According to the laws of the land and the fatwa of the Departed Imam (qas) , mosques are not classified as "Sunni" or "Shia."

Which is exactly why the operator of this thread, shouldn't have allowed those Wahabs to classify the mosques to begin with.

He would have made them look foolish. They try to get people into these "Sunni" "Shiite" divisions to make Shiites look bad etc.