Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Truth3000

No Sunni Mosques In Tehran ?

Rate this topic

I think you should go to Iran and inform Sunnis that they do have Mosques (not houses or offices of Sunni MPs turned into prayer places). I don't why then the Sunni MPS in Iran and the Sunni religious leader Abdol Hamid always asks the government and the supreme leader to allow them to have a Mosque in Tehran. Maybe they are not aware?

Can you provide independent verification of this or is this just chinese whispers . To make an assertion without proof is no evidence

It is understandable that one who does not read farsi is in such a belief. But you are wrong, there are Sunni Masjid in Tehran and i for one have been to one of them.

I can give you these addresses(these are mosques, not private houses):

1 - Mosque Square, located at the Circle Square

2 - Mosque, Tehran Pars, located on Heroes Street

3 - Al-Quds mosque, located at kilometer 20 Kilometers on the old road

4 - Mosque Persian Gulf, located in fath

5 - Al-Nabi Mosque, located in Shahrak Danesh

6 - Haft Choob Mosque, located in Mallard Road

7 - Vahdiye Mosque, located in Prince road

8 - Breeze City Mosque, located in Akbarabad

9 - Raz yabad Mosque, located in shahryar

So in conclusion, don't believe everything you read.

hope this list is true and you really went there. but according to some website, they're saying these are just 'private houses'

http://sonsofsunnah....2011/04/27/297/

list is little same as your list.

"NOTE: Around a year ago Shia website have released some articles on the web, claiming that there are in fact almost a dozen (!) Sunni Mosques in Tehran. Some Shias have started (in their blindless) translating that blatant lie into English, they think by simply claiming such a blatant lie, they might fool some gullible Muslims. Here is the list:

1- Sadeghiyeh mosque, located in the Second Square Sadeghiyeh

2- TehranPars Mosque, Located in Dellavaran St

3- Shahre Qods mosque,located 20 km Karaj old road

4- Khalij-e-Fars(Persian Gulf)mosque, located

5- Al Naby mosque, located in the Town of Danesh

6- Haft’joub mosque, located in Malard

7- Vahidiyeh mosque, located in Shahriyar

8- Nasim Shahr mosque, located in Akbar Abad

9- Razi Abad mosque, located in Se’rah Shahriyar"

- http://sonsofsunnah....2011/04/27/297/

What can you say about this?

hope this list is true and you really went there. but according to some website, they're saying these are just 'private houses'

http://sonsofsunnah....2011/04/27/297/

list is little same as your list.

"NOTE: Around a year ago Shia website have released some articles on the web, claiming that there are in fact almost a dozen (!) Sunni Mosques in Tehran. Some Shias have started (in their blindless) translating that blatant lie into English, they think by simply claiming such a blatant lie, they might fool some gullible Muslims. Here is the list:

5- Al Naby mosque, located in the Town of Danesh

6- Haft’joub mosque, located in Malard

9- Razi Abad mosque, located in Se’rah Shahriyar"

- http://sonsofsunnah....2011/04/27/297/

What can you say about this?

Well I can't really vouch for all of them, but only the one i've been too. But that list is from several well respected sources, so i doubt they would lie so openly.

Another topic I always come across when I visit a Sunni forum is the treatment of Sunni in Iran. Apparently, the latest argument is that there are no actual Sunni Mosques in Tehran.

A Google search for "Sunni Masjid Tehran" gets a link to the Iran Gov. FB page and it lists the following info...

List of Sunni mosques in Tehran:

5- Alnby mosque, located in the Town of Danesh
6- Haft'joub mosque, located in Malard
9- Razi Abad mosque, located in Se'rah Shahriyar

Apparently, on another forum a Sunni stated that these actual mosques do not actually exist and that its a lie. 

Do we have any forum Members from Tehran on here that would be able to answer that question as to whether these mosques actually exist?

Also, since we are on the topic could those same Irani members provide honest answers regarding the treatment of Sunni in Iran. Being an Indian in the US, I really don't have any info to throw back at the Sunni so I'd like an educated response.

First we should make it clear what the difference between a Sunni and Shia mosque is. Anyways, I have visited and prayed in a Sunni mosque (named Um Al-Mumenin Aisha), not in Tehran but in another city in the country (Sanandaj, located in the west of Iran).

Here is a topic which addresses the issue:

http://www.shiachat.com/forum/topic/234992211-is-it-true-no-sunni-mosques-are-allowed-in-tehran/

I didn't visit a sunni mosque in Iran so far

{"but the coexistence"}! between Sunni and Shia in Iran is very good.

Salaam

This is what worries everybody, not even in iran but almost everywhere, which i bracket closed above^.

W|s

Salaam

This is what I know about Imam Khomeini's fatwa regarding masajid (which has been implemented in Iran's masjid system). Someone correct me if I am wrong about certain details because my memory may be fuzzy.

A mosque is a mosque. It does not belong to any madhab in and of iself.

As to whether the leader of prayer is Sunni or Shia, this is determined by the population of the area. In other words, if the area is predominantly Shia, the leader of prayer will be Shia. And likewise, if the area is predominantly Sunni, the leader of prayer will be Sunni.

There are not many Sunnis in Tehran.

However, in the areas where there is a dense Sunni population (like in Kordestan, Sistan-Baluchestan, parts of Gilan and Khorasan, etc.), the leader of prayer will be Sunni. In fact there are parts of Iran where there is no "Shia" Friday prayer, and the Shias of that area must pray their Friday prayers behind a Sunni imam.

It is hard to live in a country while having a madhab which is contrary to the madhab of the majority of the people. But guess what? Sunnis in Iran live just fine. They are not persecuted for their beliefs, they are allowed to pray the way they want, their friday imams are allowed to say from the minbar things which even Sunni imams in Sunni-majority countries may not have the permission or right to say.

It's all hype, aimed at discrediting the Shia as intolerant. We all know better than to believe the hype.