Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
zaraa

Pakistani Pronounciations

Rate this topic

Urdu for America is 'Amreeka'. It's not the accent or mispronounciation that sounds the way it does.

(salam)

Chadd vay jibbi . . .

jeyku karrnay daa hore koyee kamm naa, o ithay idhayein jhak marenday nayn . . .

Biscuit = BISKUT!!!

head-start = head estart in Private eschool

Government = GORRR-MENT

yO THIS dude in my old workplace couldn't say Disk ..it was hilarious cuz I kept gettin him to repeat what he said so I could hear it over an over. He used to be like " ESSO ESSOLID (insert real name) CAN YOU PLISS PUT IT ON THE HARD D-ICKS!!"

I'm like WHAT?????????????????

YES PLISS CAN YOU IN-ESTALL THE ESOFTWARE THEN LOAD IT ONTO THE HARD D-ICKS!!!!

:lol: HOURS OF FUN!!!!

Why= VHYYY?????????

webcam -VEBCAMMING THE TINGS

They always add random sentences to...a normal sentence for example.

"Vhy you telling him dese tings....and tings like .......you know vhy you putting in the ting...but you doing the putting..No???"

"No ..you tell them tings....look vhy you always talking in the loud...and tings like???"

Vhy you cannot come to the estation and do the tings....no???? putting in the ting an the tinging in the putting

Biscuit = BISKUT!!!

Government = GORRR-MENT

CAN YOU PLISS PUT IT ON THE HARD D-ICKS!!"

Why= VHYYY?????????

:P :D :lol: :wacko: :lol: :lol: You way to funny bro..... :!!!:

oh thats really wicked

let me add more

park = PARAK

:!!!:

Fil- um & Parak, comes from people with a punjabi dialect, not urdu :)

Some good ones here guys...I got some more:

School = Isskool

Debt = Debit :!!!:

lipstick = lippisstick (my aunt :lol:)

Frozen star: chill out man, it's all in good humour!

debt = debit.....lol . my Business mathematics teacher, use to say it this way all the time... lol

Biscuit = BISKUT!!!

head-start = head estart in Private eschool

Government = GORRR-MENT

yO THIS dude in my old workplace couldn't say Disk ..it was hilarious cuz I kept gettin him to repeat what he said so I could hear it over an over. He used to be like " ESSO ESSOLID (insert real name) CAN YOU PLISS PUT IT ON THE HARD D-ICKS!!"

I'm like WHAT?????????????????

Why= VHYYY?????????

webcam -VEBCAMMING THE TINGS

They always add random sentences to...a normal sentence for example.

"Vhy you telling him dese tings....and tings like .......you know vhy you putting in the ting...but you doing the putting..No???"

"No ..you tell them tings....look vhy you always talking in the loud...and tings like???"

Vhy you cannot come to the estation and do the tings....no???? putting in the ting an the tinging in the putting

^^SSS...you put me on the ground LMAO!! :!!!: It's sooo truee !

(wasalam)

We have all these Canadians coming on Ziarat with Ziarat books in English and they eat cup-a-noodles for lunch instead of the normal Iraq food xD

we call the the "Kennadaa Waley"

Edited by sk00n

hey i dont think its funny...... making fun of other people's pronunciation....... just beacuse they are less educated.......... everyone mispronounces words of a foreign tongue....... its not just pakistanis............. e.g Islamabad = izlama baad, by most europeans........ find this funny too????????????????

(salam)

Besides Izz-lama-bad, some other gems are Boo-tow (as in late Benazir's surname), Eye-rack, a country they have invaded, and Eye-ran, a country they wish to invade.

And this from supposedly educated politicians and news anchors on internationally transmitted channels -- one shudders to think of the proclivities of the average six-pack Joe!

Biscuit = BISKUT!!!

Why= VHYYY?????????

lol so true!!

"salmkum"

lol, my nephew says that - but he's just learning how to talk now sooo cute!

lipstick = listick

love = lowwe

volkswagon = woxwagon

vancouver = wan-coower

van = wwan

Edited by shia12

Amreeka is an urdu word. While writing in urdu, you cant write America, it has to be Amreeka. Just like Falusteen for Palestine!

Even in arabic, these two countries are pronounced in the same way so you cant call it a pronounciation mistake. :)

Feamaannillah!

Somebody earlier on also mentioned this, but thankyou for confirming it ^_^

shows i have absolutely no knowledge on urdu LOL

Thankyou though :blush:

(salam)

Why u guys taking the mic... its not their first language,whats the big deal...

PEACE

I agree to ur point.... but no one is here to look down upon or under estimate anyone, it just to share a few giggles :)

or indis

I know eh'. Since they refer to Pakistanis as Pakis. We should refer to Hindustanis as Hindus @).

or yankee or wtver .............

Man when I went to Stanmore in London, and all these damn Pakis were calling me a Yankee. I kept telling them I'm not American, I come from the peace-loving nation called Canada! We're different. I swear B).

would you believe once my teacher in class pronounced Ocean = Okeyan .... for a while we all guys got stunned what did he say we asked him again he said 'Okeyan' again :lol: :lol:

Edited by Jaf

(salam)

same when I went to Toronto bayview everyone seemed to find the way i spoke funny :dry:

tou majboor ta urdu mein baat karnekilye bechaare kuch khoje ko mere baat samaj mein nahi aya taa ^_^ then i felt alrite but for got sakes we dont speak like benders "oh how do you do dear boy" What?! :angry:

anyways i got some more

because: bekaas

burger: burgur

alright some guy sed this to me "i'll kill you" - I ikill uuuu!! face man!

gangster: gengsterrrr

WE'RE LEGENDS :) :) :)

wasalam

yes they do and

school ko "sa cool" kehtay hain bohat say loog

LOL not even " sa cool" but "us-school" many word beginning with S have a prefix of 'us' :S

My husband was at the train station when an announcement sounded like this:

" the train leaving the us-station vill be layyt"

Man when I went to Stan more in London, and all these damn Pakis were calling me a Yankee. I kept telling them I'm not American, I come from the peace-loving nation called Canada! We're different. I swear cool.gif.

London peoples got really bad accent seriously init lol

and how i forgot Eli Amran

The annoying thing is that they also have to have an opposite rhyme to a word they say in urdu......I still don't understand it to this day

SHADEE = SHADEE SHUDAAA

Khaana waana

TOILET WOILET

Yeah i would like to know the reason too

my parents dont have a straight answer

which is reallyyyyy annoying

chewing gum = CHINGUM

Chingam Shingam! (I still say that B))

Paani Waani, Lassan Shassan, Adrak Shadrak, Roti Shoti, Paan Shaan, Chai Shai or Chai Waai B)

The annoying thing is that they also have to have an opposite rhyme to a word they say in urdu......I still don't understand it to this day
Yeah i would like to know the reason too

In Urdu grammar they are called Mohmil words. Meaningless words, just used for generalization.

Edited by Ali_Imran

yeah thats right its pure urdu and

uh i like accent of urdu from lahore :!!!:

ok here comes more

Canada = Kanaaada

Dallas = dalaaas

Detroit = Dit-Rite

Florida = Flawreedha

pakistanis often substitute the "w" sound with the "V" sound

ok i talk about pakistanis coz i only know pakistanis who are from england and other countries

i never heard arabic pplz speakin english here they speak french with an arabic accent :D

[/quot

i feel you people are so poor.....and so ignorent that u don't have any kind of real fun or real laugh in ur life.......so u try to make yourself laugh by making fun of other people.....but i will tell u one thing....english is not our language ....it's a alian language for us....so we are not ashamed if we speak wrong......but tell me one thing what is your language......english ??/no my dear ...english is not ur language......your name zahra is telling that english is not your language......urdu..??...i dont thing so.....you dont have any thing to with urdu..........dear zahra ......and all other friends who are enjoying making fun of pakistani's and even their elders.....1st of all think what u r......are u perfect.........?????????//

can any one of these so called civillized people pronounce our language properly.......???????? they even can not pronounce our cricketer's name inzamam ul haq......

so we should make fun of them.....offcourse not...........can they pronounce arabic......no......so should we laugh at them.....

plz....get some thing else to enjoy and laugh....i dont thing this will give u real happiness.......

only 3 things....to do...and life is all tension free

full of happiness

full of joy

full of pleasure.....

and those three things are

1) Start loving Others...

2) Start fogiving Others...

3) Start respecting Others.....

try it.....100% money back gaurantee..... (wasalam)

Edited by PUNJATAN