Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
koroigetsuga

Why Have An Old Testament At All?

Rate this topic

No you never discussed this with me.

Jesus clearly stated he never came to abolish the law. He followed the Jewish Law.

OK, I apologise. I have discussed this several time here. I thought you were one of those.

The law Jesus is referring to is the Commandments.

This statement was made in a sermon which Jesus gave, possibly one of the most powerful sermons ever given.

In this sermon Jesus spent much time clarifying and emphasising the Commandments.

That our prayers are not a matter of public display, they must be done in complete privacy. Jesus used the analogy of a locked closet.

That we must never kill.

That we must never judge each other on behalf of God.

That we must never tell a lie nor talk falsely about others.

That we must never steal.

That to think about sin is the same as doing it.

That we must never divorce.

It is clear from this sermon and other pronouncements Jesus made that He was overturning most of Jewish law.

The Commandments remain.

But what about other aspects of the law? No mention? You cant make any conclusions.

Jesus kept Kosher and he prayed 3 times a day prostrating etc he never changed the Jewish law but he probably had given a correct interpretation of the laws which some had twisted.

Edited by Abu Hurairah

Wishful thinking is a fallacious argument

And since when was it muslims who were saying it; it the Jews who have on various occasions pointed out that their scriptures are mistranslated/misinterpreted in the Old Testament. My inquiry is simply a result of the numerous times Jews here have pointed out the discrepancies between the Hebrew Bible and the Christian Bible.

For you to say that you doubt there are any mistranslations is unbelievable considering there are Christian apologists who have admitted it.

Seeing this thread for what it is, that not being an academic quest for knowledge but a sneaky backdoor ruse to discredit another faith's scripture, I have to point out the over abundance of hadiths explaining what the Koran says and many in disagreement. It sounds like more mistranslations and misinterpretations to me.

Peace

Satyaban

Seeing this thread for what it is, that not being an academic quest for knowledge but a sneaky backdoor ruse to discredit another faith's scripture, I have to point out the over abundance of hadiths explaining what the Koran says and many in disagreement. It sounds like more mistranslations and misinterpretations to me.

Peace

Satyaban

Nice try, but as usual you are comparing apples and oranges

However yes there are unathentic hadith, heck that's why there needed to be a science of the hadith in the first place

there is no such thing as the old testament in the Quran. there are no books from the Bible or the Torah included in the Quran. hence there was nothing to mistranslate in the first place.

Edited by koroigetsuga

But what about other aspects of the law? No mention? You cant make any conclusions.

Jesus kept Kosher and he prayed 3 times a day prostrating etc he never changed the Jewish law but he probably had given a correct interpretation of the laws which some had twisted.

It will be interesting to see your evidence for these claims.

However, there is no reason why Jesus or anyone else cannot practice any of these.

Jesus didn't abolish any laws, What He did was make it clear that most of these laws are laws of men and not God.