Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Thaqalain

Meri Kia Khatta Hay (what's My Mistake)

Rate this topic

(salam)

Array aqalbandd

Katri isn't a person. Katri is a place, the full name is Katri Bawa. Katris means compound. The founder of one of the three major noha khwan groups in the Lahore of old [each of which developed into a school of Noha Khwaani] lived there, and the group used to rehearse there. So they came to be known as the Katri waalay.

I am not even sure if the present Katris boys do actually live in the Katri.

My bad, thanks for that additional info.

So, I'll check out these katris?

Nadeem Sarwar maybe popular, but he isn't a Nohakhwaan as such. You may call him a successful performer, like you have many successful speakers at mejalis, who, however, are not 'aalims.

That would be an opinion, not a fact.

Just few words .. if someone knows " Meesam Gopalpuri " & " Rehan " i think there Nohas are much better and very blessed wordings they are using or may be they are just demonstrating the Noha of someone else. But Allah bless there voice.

You are right bro but Now a days it is very difficult to find any noha who is not made of filmi tune. If any thing is not new, it will be from any old song.

Nadeem Sarwar's famous Noha "Maa mujhay senay say laga lay, Maa mujhay godee main utha lay, Maa main nazay par hoon" which was released i think it was released during 2005, it is same copy of a song from a movie "Maa" which was released during 1960's and the title song was pictures on a 3-4 years old boy who was sitting on his mother's grave and singing this song "Maa mujhay senay say laga lay, Maa mujhay godee main utha lay, Maa main taree aolad hoon"

(salam)

Nadeem Sarwar's famous Noha "Maa mujhay senay say laga lay, Maa mujhay godee main utha lay, Maa main nazay par hoon" was release in 2000, in his 20th album.

You are right bro but Now a days it is very difficult to find any noha who is not made of filmi tune. If any thing is not new, it will be from any old song.

Nadeem Sarwar's famous Noha "Maa mujhay senay say laga lay, Maa mujhay godee main utha lay, Maa main nazay par hoon" which was released i think it was released during 2005, it is same copy of a song from a movie "Maa" which was released during 1960's and the title song was pictures on a 3-4 years old boy who was sitting on his mother's grave and singing this song "Maa mujhay senay say laga lay, Maa mujhay godee main utha lay, Maa main taree aolad hoon"

(salam)

Nadeem Sarwar's famous Noha "Maa mujhay senay say laga lay, Maa mujhay godee main utha lay, Maa main nazay par hoon" was release in 2000, in his 20th album.

(salam)