Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

An Increase In Black Shia Scholars

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

I am very interested in Imam Abdul Alim Musa. Some believe he's completely Shi'a, and just practicing taqiyyah. I'm not sure.

He seems to do a lot of lectures on the Ahl ul-Bayt, and the Iranian Revolution. Perhaps he remains a nominal Sunni, just so he doesn't turn off American converts who are told to stay from Shi'as???

Hashim Aludeen

He's not a sheikh in the sense we normally use the word, as in he has reached no rank in his formal studies. Preacher would probably be a better term for he and those like himself who offer inspiring and informed lectures on certain topics, but without the depth of formal study of those like his brother in law Sheikh Farouk or Sheikh Farouk's brother Sheikh Usama Abdul Ghani. Br. Hashim is often called Sheikh by his supporters out of affection and that practice preceded his trip to Qum.

No one mentioned Sheikh Ja'afar Muhibullah. If I am not mistaken, he is the first African American scholar to lead an overwhelmingly immigrant Shi'a community in North America, and one of the few even amongst the Sunnis. I think it speaks well of our brothers and sisters in Austin that they continually seek out and higher such learned and motivated shuyookh (it was previously the home base for Sheikh Safdar Razi).

And honestly, for our beloved Desi brothers and sisters, get off it. Several of our Imams (as) were Black, as in AFRICAN Black because they had Black African mothers. If you can't accept your Imams because of your terror of dark skin, then its time for some serious self reflection. Kashmir aside, the majority of Indians and Pakistanis are not white without the "help" of large amounts of caustic carcinogens. I know you know x number of "white syeds" that kind of thing happens over time when you obessesively breed out the color in your family. It doesn't negate the dishonor you do your own ancestor (as) by trying to deny their pure and pious mothers (as). If it weren't for those Black African women, there'd be no you.

And lastly, but no least. For the brother interested in Shi'a Islam. I have a mailing list (yahoogroup) for Black Shi'a. You can email me at ummali at aheavytruth dot com.

Edited by AnotherUmmAli

/\ Wow, you're listing off a number of good friends of mine :-)

Ja`far, Usama (my brother in law actually), Faruq (whom I know more as Fahim), and others, a number of us came through the former howza that had existed in Medina, NY. Actually, one of our main teachers there, whose now the Shaykh of that community, was Shaykh `Ali Rashid, himself African American. A number of the families who came there had been from the former Islamic Party headed by the late Muzaffar ad-Din, a group largely composed of African American converts and they're families (Muzaffar ad-Din's son, Shaykh Idris Hamid is himself one of the more learned brothers I've known in the realm of Shi`i philosophy and such).

When I was in Qum, there was a substantial number of African (as in from Nigeria, Ghana, Burkina Faso, etc.) students there. The area many of us "khariji" students lived on (Zambil Abad) had many African families (they might have even been the largest group there).

• 8 months later...
  • Advanced Member
Some claim that by 2020 there will be 20 million Shia in Nigeria alone. Ghana also has a very large number. North Africa used to drop the Shi'a lick but now thats history, many Shi'a in the Caribbean though, we has one shiekh here for Muharram, Muhammad abdul Latif. He is giving Majlis in the Islamic Centre of England. Dropping it like its hot....

________

Well brother firstly you should know that the largest Quds demonstratiuons are held in the Shia regions of Nigeria. By largest I mean in the world, this has been going on for a few years now. Second have you not heard of the great Mujahid Shaykh Zakzaki? Wel if not then please allow me to inform you. At Present there are estimated to be in the region of 3 to 4 million Shia in Nigeria. How the Madhab is growing many have estimated that by 2020 nthere will be over 20 million in the country. Further more have you heard of the Islamic College? It has a department in Ghana which has a Hawza which in the past 10 to 15 years produced some hard core scholars, who are spreading the teachings across West Africa. The numbers of Shia in Ghana are not known but if you send me an email contact I will send you pictures of Ashuru in Nigeria, from them you can judge if there are more than 300 in the picture.

Lyrical mysticism kicking the truth, enriching the youth and confronting taghut.

Peace...

salam brother,i am interresting these days about this movment ,i have posted many of their movments in some arabic forums and espacially the military pictures so many have been interresting about them ,and i have made some reaserch on the net in english and frensh but there is not a lot of info.and ii know their web. but what do you have more info. about them and their ability to be more strong and stronger day after day?

i have heard from a sudanian shia sheikh that there is 10 millions shias in nigeria ?

the mujahed ibrahim zakzaki was a maliki soufi tijani or qaderi?

and all their followers now were they soufism too?

and what about the claches between muslims their ,is it transforming into negative contact between the islamic movment members because as we know they are not only shia muslims?

Most of the Companions of our Holy Prophet and Imams were also black.

Not negro black. But Arab black. Same as like Indians and Pakistanis.

Most Shia scholars from India, Pakistan are black/brown or brown/black. Let us call it Indian black.

LOL what's up with the word black. Just say african american. Go to the dictionary and check the definition of black, it's practically an insult.

• Basic Members

(salam) what is the site because im a african american shia

He's not a sheikh in the sense we normally use the word, as in he has reached no rank in his formal studies. Preacher would probably be a better term for he and those like himself who offer inspiring and informed lectures on certain topics, but without the depth of formal study of those like his brother in law Sheikh Farouk or Sheikh Farouk's brother Sheikh Usama Abdul Ghani. Br. Hashim is often called Sheikh by his supporters out of affection and that practice preceded his trip to Qum.

No one mentioned Sheikh Ja'afar Muhibullah. If I am not mistaken, he is the first African American scholar to lead an overwhelmingly immigrant Shi'a community in North America, and one of the few even amongst the Sunnis. I think it speaks well of our brothers and sisters in Austin that they continually seek out and higher such learned and motivated shuyookh (it was previously the home base for Sheikh Safdar Razi).

And honestly, for our beloved Desi brothers and sisters, get off it. Several of our Imams (as) were Black, as in AFRICAN Black because they had Black African mothers. If you can't accept your Imams because of your terror of dark skin, then its time for some serious self reflection. Kashmir aside, the majority of Indians and Pakistanis are not white without the "help" of large amounts of caustic carcinogens. I know you know x number of "white syeds" that kind of thing happens over time when you obessesively breed out the color in your family. It doesn't negate the dishonor you do your own ancestor (as) by trying to deny their pure and pious mothers (as). If it weren't for those Black African women, there'd be no you.

And lastly, but no least. For the brother interested in Shi'a Islam. I have a mailing list (yahoogroup) for Black Shi'a. You can email me at ummali at aheavytruth dot com.

• Advanced Member
(salam) what is the site because im a african american shia

this is your website brother i hope you will happy for them ,i am interresting about them from a while because they are becaming too dangerous for the goverment because they are millions now while they was not uknown in nigeria before the revolution ,and they have a party similar to hezbollah in lebanon :)

www.islamicmovement.org

• 1 year later...

someone pointed out he had seen an African scholar with a black turban... yes we actually do have african sayyids, just as we have desi or irani or whatever sayyids (not yet heard of caucasian or chinese sayyids, would love to know if there are any). i know one African sayyid from Lamu, an Island in East Africa. Sayyid Aidarus Al Husayni, from a very prominent family of sunni-shafi3i- sayyids and scholars. he does not wear the turban often.. very very rarely infact. i know he studied in lebanon for a while.. and i think in syria. his late elder brother (sayyid Husayn al Husayni) was also going to be a potentially very influential scholar in the region.. Allah er7amhu, he passed on about 10 years ago.

• 5 months later...
  • Basic Members

I once read in one of the sahih books of Bukhari or Muslim back in the late sixties or early seventies that before the Holy Prophet Muhammad (SA) died He warned the Arabs that when they entered into Africa "be careful how you treat the people there because we are from their descentant." The original Arabs were of african descent. As a matter of fact Imam Ja'far As-Sadiq (as) once said "if you think that our father Adam was the first man, you wrongly mistaken, because there has been thousands of Adams before him but our father Adam is the last." This answers the question of the of the genealogy of the Holy Prophet Isa (SA) and the Holy Prophet Muhammad (SA) which can be calcalated to go back a little over six thousand years. Scientist has proven that man has been on this planet over a million years. National Geographic had did a presentation of "the scientific Adam" in which every human being can trace their roots back to Africa to the scientic Adam and Eve. The Imams (as) had knowledge from the Prophet (SA) that was not know to the common man or woman and scientist are discovering this knowledge today. This is one reason I am glad I follower the Ahli-Bayt (as), they had answers to many questions I had in my mind for many years. I know that I am mix with African, Native American (Cherokee) and probaly caucasion from the slavery. But there is one thing for sure, all goes back to Africa where the journey begins. There is a tradition called Kaukab (constellations or stars) Imam Ali states that "over this suns are suns and over this moon are moons." and in "Majama'ul Bahrain" under word 'kaukab'. He refers to these stars and say they are cities which are populated with creatures who worship the Almighty and knowing not whether He created and being like Adam. There was a time when some thought that the earth was flat and that we were the only ones in creation but the Holy Prophet and Imams (SA) taught us though Allah's revelation. Let us be thankful to Allah for true guidance. Allahumma salli 'Ala Muhammadin wa Aali Muhammad.

Edited by jafar313

• Basic Members

someone pointed out he had seen an African scholar with a black turban... yes we actually do have african sayyids, just as we have desi or irani or whatever sayyids (not yet heard of caucasian or chinese sayyids, would love to know if there are any). i know one African sayyid from Lamu, an Island in East Africa. Sayyid Aidarus Al Husayni, from a very prominent family of sunni-shafi3i- sayyids and scholars. he does not wear the turban often.. very very rarely infact. i know he studied in lebanon for a while.. and i think in syria. his late elder brother (sayyid Husayn al Husayni) was also going to be a potentially very influential scholar in the region.. Allah er7amhu, he passed on about 10 years ago.

• Veteran Member

I once read in one of the sahih books of Bukhari or Muslim back in the late sixties or early seventies that before the Holy Prophet Muhammad (SA) died He warned the Arabs that when they entered into Africa "be careful how you treat the people there because we are from their descentant." The original Arabs were of african descent. As a matter of fact Imam Ja'far As-Sadiq (as) once said "if you think that our father Adam was the first man, you wrongly mistaken, because there has been thousands of Adams before him but our father Adam is the last." This answers the question of the of the genealogy of the Holy Prophet Isa (SA) and the Holy Prophet Muhammad (SA) which can be calcalated to go back a little over six thousand years. Scientist has proven that man has been on this planet over a million years. National Geographic had did a presentation of "the scientific Adam" in which every human being can trace their roots back to Africa to the scientic Adam and Eve. The Imams (as) had knowledge from the Prophet (SA) that was not know to the common man or woman and scientist are discovering this knowledge today. This is one reason I am glad I follower the Ahli-Bayt (as), they had answers to many questions I had in my mind for many years. I know that I am mix with African, Native American (Cherokee) and probaly caucasion from the slavery. But there is one thing for sure, all goes back to Africa where the journey begins. There is a tradition called Kaukab (constellations or stars) Imam Ali states that "over this suns are suns and over this moon are moons." and in "Majama'ul Bahrain" under word 'kaukab'. He refers to these stars and say they are cities which are populated with creatures who worship the Almighty and knowing not whether He created and being like Adam. There was a time when some thought that the earth was flat and that we were the only ones in creation but the Holy Prophet and Imams (SA) taught us though Allah's revelation. Let us be thankful to Allah for true guidance. Allahumma salli 'Ala Muhammadin wa Aali Muhammad.

(salam)

if someone could post the matn to the hadith you spoke, and if it is sahih ?

(wasalam)

• 1 year later...