Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Great Concern....

Rate this topic

Arsal

• Advanced Member

(salam)

In my area I am noticing that the community is slowly dividing we have five centers and many of you will think that may be a good thing however we do not have enough shias to maintain the places and the turn out is horrible at each center. At first there was one center and for petty reasons the shias split and split and kept on splitting we are now going to have another split based on again petty issues like country of origin. I am not someone who goes to just one center i enjoy going to all the centers i am shia first and foremost and care only to hear speeches done by fellow muslims and will go just about anywhere, but i feel because of all this pettiness and the fact that everyone puts their pride over their religion that it is affecting me adversely i find myself sitting during speeches being very disappointed with the people and finding that i am getting annoyed, i see that the problems they have within their boards are spilling into the community and affecting everyone. Its gotten out of control and i am becoming fed up with these people and centers this will never affect my faith again i am not an expert on Islam but i know enough for now to have secure faith and INSHALLAH will learn more on my own, but i feel i will become less of a masjid attendee because eventually i do not want to be associated or even support such a place. I am not sending this message to gain sympathy or have people give me advice to overcome, i learned to deal with it.....my question is this:

Is it just me or are all the centers in your areas dividing into sub classes? Do you notice that there pride and pettiness is hurting the attendees of the masjid? Or is this just me and maybe my area?

Just asking and seeing if its just me...

(salam)

• Advanced Member

(wasalam)

Its sad to hear of differences amongst shias ourselves.

Amongst the signs of the last days though: too many mosques/cetres and very few people attending.

It could be a language isssue - but you've already said they used to attend the same centre once upon a time. :unsure:

I hope things work out, and the differences decrease inshallah.

• Advanced Member
my question is this:

Is it just me or are all the centers in your areas dividing into sub classes? Do you notice that there pride and pettiness is hurting the attendees of the masjid? Or is this just me and maybe my area?

Just asking and seeing if its just me...

(salam)

wasalam

no, it happens here too. and you are right, this society can be so pathetic sometimes.lol. but, if i may suggest, just keep attending the majlis, especially the big ceremonial ones (i mean like ashura, arbain, ghadir khum, or the wiladaas) because despite of all the sad things our society could offer us, still it feels good to commemorate those rituals with people who knows it. but for weekly routine like kumayl or tawasul, maybe you can try to join in different places, or if u think the dissension too severe, just do your weekly ritual at home.