Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Maula Dha Mallang

Anti Zanjeers Go Away [Topics merged]

Rate this topic

wazz ur killing my thread bro...weve heard every single thing uve just said before by other people time and time and time again. cant we agree to disagree and you just stay outta the thread? i didnt want to turn this into just another argument about zanjeer zani i would have thought the shias on here would have enough akhlaaq to respect our wishes. obviously i was mistaken.

Ok no problem...

Salaam,

Mashalllah, the level of aqidah and azadari shown amongst the members on this thread is in amazing inspiration to all.

I had a question for you guys. I have always done blade matam on ashura, and this year I am doing zanjeer for the first time, do you guys have any advice? Especially regarding the type of zanjeer I should use?

Salaam,

Mashalllah, the level of aqidah and azadari shown amongst the members on this thread is in amazing inspiration to all.

I had a question for you guys. I have always done blade matam on ashura, and this year I am doing zanjeer for the first time, do you guys have any advice? Especially regarding the type of zanjeer I should use?

first time use a talwar bladed zanjeer.....tie a knot at the end of your towel or a duppata and practice how your swings....Whatever you do don't close your eyes, and do zanjeer before you do blade because if you do it before zanjeer then your risk loosing the handle of the dasta which poses a risk to others....AND NO MATTER WHAT, DO NOT PULL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

....AND NO MATTER WHAT, DO NOT PULL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what do you mean...dont pull?!?!?! you HAVE to pull otherwise the blades bounce off ur back!!! just hold the chains not the handle, tying a knot in a towel/dupatta is a great idea. people who close their eyes need to be shot

ya maula hussain accept our pursa in your name :cry: every second that my cuts hurt me or cause me taqleef i think of you and your companions...you are always in my thoughts ya maula keep me in urs

Edited by maula dha mallang

this year i used tokay and it was amazing...the first hit i took i knew i would need stiches so i lept going then when i stopped they came to takethem from me so i ran around a crowd to the otehr side lolol..but then someone from nj got my hand and took them away before anything and then i got cleanedup and thier liek you need stiches..but they didnt do um right i was still bleading till this morning and now it stopped

does anyone associate certain SMELLS with ashura? for me its

(1) rose water

(2) blood

(3) the smoke from the koyla they use to make zanjeers paak

(4) aggarbatti

Listen, it's really strange u ask that question because...that Muharram smell..the EXACT one you're talking abt..I sometimes smell it rnaodmly even when it's not Moharram. Like. in the month of Hajj..I was praying at fajr...that smell..n it felt like something beautiful is being showered on my head...once I thought of Ghazi Abbas this summer..n a situation that was bothering me n I thought of what my grandpa used to say abt Ghazi Abbas...n I SMELT THAT SMELL N SO DID MY MOTHER N THAT VERY NIGHT A SIGNIFICANT CHANGE IN THE SITUATION HAPPENED!!! Note: the change..it didn't switch the situation over to my favor or end my pain or anything..it jst...made things cleaer...but ina painful way..but at least it made things clear so I KNEW where I stand..so yeah..I smell that smell even besides Moharram. Can't believe someone else noticed, too.

ya maula hussain accept our pursa in your name :cry: every second that my cuts hurt me or cause me taqleef i think of you and your companions...you are always in my thoughts ya maula keep me in urs

May Allah SWT accept ur pursa inshallah.

this year i used tokay and it was amazing...the first hit i took i knew i would need stiches so i lept going then when i stopped they came to takethem from me so i ran around a crowd to the otehr side lolol..but then someone from nj got my hand and took them away before anything and then i got cleanedup and thier liek you need stiches..but they didnt do um right i was still bleading till this morning and now it stopped

Yeah, your cut looked like it was breathing.

I did just a few hits, I wasn't feeling too well to begin with but wanted to get some in.

bro i used afghani zanjeers that were sharpened from a "professional" guy but they were absolutely awful- no matter how hard i pulled they just werent cutting. luckily i had a backup pair of PSYCO hockeys...looked more like boomerangs lol did the job in about 3 hits then i was wrestled away from them, gutted!

Listen, it's really strange u ask that question because...that Muharram smell..the EXACT one you're talking abt..I sometimes smell it rnaodmly even when it's not Moharram.

OH MY GOD finally ive found sum1 who smells it too! with me its soaked into my clothes and in my skin so i smell it throughout muharram

(salam)

God says Don't hit yourself or wass one of the lamest excuses I've ever heard from a Sunni when one of my friends told him that i do zanjeer

any proof on this matter..

or something i can say to them..

Also a few other excuses:

It makes Islam look bad

Imam didn't hit himself(for those who know of the story of kerbala)

Why

Your Crazy

Shias are Crazy(common misconception)

Whats the point of making yourself bleed

God says don't hit yourself

Why can't you just donate blood

These uneducated and/or ignorant ppl cant seem to understand or choose not to understand what do i need to say

Salam

I think the best thing to do about this topic is talk to an Aalim close to you. He will be the best source of information and will give you good sources and will even tell you how exactly to approach the issue with non-shias.

Hope this helps.

Wasalam

is this a joke or serious?

why are you hitting yourself?

why are you asking us why you are hitting yourself?

Surely you should know why you are doing something, otherwise it has no value.

I suggest you stop hitting yourself until you read some books and can justify your own actions.

Salam

Actually that is a very good point, shouldn't you know? O and another thing, dont dismiss any criticisms as lame and useless make sure you adress each point with utmost importance.

Edited by SyedMohsin

(salam)

I have watched ayatullah khumeini (r.a) talking about how important crying for imam al husain (as) and hitting ones chest is (sine zani), so no one should be able to say that it is haraam, I do not know about zanjeer zani, if it is haraam or not, hitting with sword for me is something very unislamic but insha Allah ta'ala we must go to the sources and see what it is, I heard before (I have not read it myself) from a brother that we do have a hadeeth about hadhrat zainab (as) because of the sorrow hitting her head onto a tree so that starts bleeding and imam zein-ul-'abidiin (as) seeing this did not say anything which my brother used as arguement for the halal of swordhitting but we must not forget that alah ta'ala has said in the holy kalam that it is forbidden for me to harm my body so insha Allah ta'ala we must search for the true sources.

wassalam

Well actually IF zanjeer zani (I think it is zajeer zani) gives Shiaism a bad name then yes it is haram.

Has this been approved by Sistani...?

Salam

Actually that is a very good point, shouldn't you know? O and another thing, dont dismiss any criticisms as lame and useless make sure you adress each point with utmost importance.

Ill keep that in mind, but at the moment i felt i could not find any other word to describe the excuse

is this a joke or serious?

why are you hitting yourself?

why are you asking us why you are hitting yourself?

Surely you should know why you are doing something, otherwise it has no value.

I suggest you stop hitting yourself until you read some books and can justify your own actions.

I dont quite understand..

bro AFA im sorry ive not had much chance to read through your posts, im probably a good person to ask for answers regarding zanjeerzani, can u let me know what you want to know?

My friend is going to Shaam on the 14th. I asked him if he could get me some dastay from there. He told me that he doesn't know if they have them there or not. He will have a Hawza student from there guiding him. So if anyone knows if there actually are zanjeers in Shaam, then I can let my friend know.

Oh and I'm talking about ones with knives at the end, not just the chains that are popular in Shaam.

About this topic, it's funny. Just in the beginning of Moharram I was reluctant to accept Zanjeer zani, I wasn't AGAINST it, but I just wouldnt do it myself. Now I am fully convinced and will do it next chance I get.

My friend is going to Shaam on the 14th. I asked him if he could get me some dastay from there. He told me that he doesn't know if they have them there or not. He will have a Hawza student from there guiding him. So if anyone knows if there actually are zanjeers in Shaam, then I can let my friend know.

Oh and I'm talking about ones with knives at the end, not just the chains that are popular in Shaam.

About this topic, it's funny. Just in the beginning of Moharram I was reluctant to accept Zanjeer zani, I wasn't AGAINST it, but I just wouldnt do it myself. Now I am fully convinced and will do it next chance I get.

welcome to our side bro :) inshallah ull never go back