Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
fadak_166

Share Your Lebanese Recipes

Dont know if this is a lebenese recipe, but they always sell it in the lebanese pastry shops :P

Cream Pastries

Ingredients

• puff pastry sheets
  • ricotta cheese
  • 2.5 tablespoons of cornflour
  • 2 cups of milk
  • sugar (depends on how sweet you want)
  • quarter of teaspoon cardamon ground
  • 10 ml of rose water
  • suger syrup

To make the cream

1. add the milk, cornflour, cardamon, rose water and sugar in a pot and put over high heat. keep stiring until it boils and thickens and becomes as thick, sticking to the spoon
  2. if it doesnt thicken, in a bowl on the side mix a tiny pit of milk with a tablespoon of cornflour until the cornflour melts completely, then add it to the pot. if you add the cornflour before it melts in the milk, you are going to have clumpy cream at the end
  3. add the ricotta cheese to the pot and mix well until its all mixed and thick. dont worry it will be a bit clumpy when you add the ricotta cheese
  4. cut the puff pastry sheet into squares
  5. add about a teaspoon or how much you want in the middle of one puff pastry square
  6. close into a triangle shape and press edges firmly
  7. bake on 250 degrees C until the pastry puffs up and is golden in colour
  8. add sugar syrup ontop of the pastries while they are still hot
  9. enjoy when they cool down :D

20130625_191711_zps97c800f6.jpg?t=137278

20130625_195210_zpsbaa6c75c.jpg

c11e148d-b2d2-4d25-b94b-0b25ebb419a6_zps

20130625_200147_zps8c435141.jpg

2011-08-19223921_zps4d68681d.jpg

drool.jpg?width=400

Funny_Pictures_10016.jpg

We all know you're a Lebanese in disguise, your cover has been blown

drool.jpg?width=400

Funny_Pictures_10016.jpg

We all know you're a Lebanese in disguise, your cover has been blown

OMG you caught me!! :D

*calls hitmen for security measures*

:P

aww those babies are just so cute :wub:

^ They look like arab samosas lool

nah samosas are savoury, these are sweets. :p

Bacha- iraqi delicacy

The major ingredients you would require to prepare pacha is Sheep’s (or goat’s or lamb’s) head, the stomach (cleaned and processed under sanitary measures), lamb meat, rice, onions, tomatoes, water for boiling and bread. You are free to choose from the several seasoning options that are available including pepper, herbs, etc.

Process

So, how do we cook Pacha? Well, there is nothing much, indeed, that you would be required to do.

a. Just boil the water and immerse the sheep head so that it is totally dipped in the water.

b. Bring the water to boil. You can even add salt in the water for taste. Boil until the meat has become tender and could be cut out using a table knife.

c. Take the head out with the froth covering the parts of the head.

Happy bacha eating !!!

d. Now for your own interest, you can even try out bar be cue with the sheep head but they do not practice it authentically.

e. For sides, stuff the sheep stomach with steamed rice and the sheep meat pieces before you sew it up.

f. The pacha is now ready to be dressed with your favorite seasoning and served with tomato and onion salad. You can also serve the bread in the sides.

No wonder this 'delicacy' featured here:

http://www.cracked.com/article_14979_the-6-most-terrifying-foods-in-world.html

I was once invited to an Arab party and ate my dinner away - rice and meat. It was only later when someone informed me he saw a goat's head in that mountain of rice...I so wanted to puke everything out. Yeek!

Edit: The article has generous expletives all over...Beware.

Edited by Inquisitor

Bacha- iraqi delicacy

The major ingredients you would require to prepare pacha is Sheep’s (or goat’s or lamb’s) head, the stomach (cleaned and processed under sanitary measures), lamb meat, rice, onions, tomatoes, water for boiling and bread. You are free to choose from the several seasoning options that are available including pepper, herbs, etc.

Process

So, how do we cook Pacha? Well, there is nothing much, indeed, that you would be required to do.

a. Just boil the water and immerse the sheep head so that it is totally dipped in the water.

b. Bring the water to boil. You can even add salt in the water for taste. Boil until the meat has become tender and could be cut out using a table knife.

c. Take the head out with the froth covering the parts of the head.

Happy bacha eating !!!

d. Now for your own interest, you can even try out bar be cue with the sheep head but they do not practice it authentically.

e. For sides, stuff the sheep stomach with steamed rice and the sheep meat pieces before you sew it up.

f. The pacha is now ready to be dressed with your favorite seasoning and served with tomato and onion salad. You can also serve the bread in the sides.

Pacha looks like an offer you can't refuse.

On Thursday, April 24, 2014 at 0:44 PM, Ali_Hussain said:

(salam)

Do you have to boil the rice before you cook it with the stock (cook it twice?)

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Assalam Alikum.

What I do is I soak the italian rice for a good hour before I cook it.  Then after you brown the vermicelli, drain the water and put the rice in the pot.  Put water up to the rice level.  Let it boil, and cover bring down the dial to light heat.  When you see the steam coming out, stir from the bottom to top once.  Cover again and turn stove off.  Let it cool for 10 mins.  Serve & Sahtain!