Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
G.A

Parachinar Matam

Rate this topic

Salam,

Does any one know how Parachinar matam is done? I read this term 'parachinar matam" some where on the internet and since then i've been restless and want to know more about it.

Feamannillah!

Dont have a clue what ure on about.....theres only one maatam and thats Ya Hussains Maatam not some Parachinars Matam.....u should try searching it up on google or something....its probably a different style of doin maatam......

She means the style of matam that people do in the area of Parachinar. It's probably done the same way Matam is done in other areas of Pakistan, I've seen Quetta Matam it was a bit different in terms of when they lift the matam etc. but nothing too different.

Edited by Ali_Imran

I'm talking about the STYLE in which this matam is done. There is a style of matam in which people move in a circle by crossing their feet and holding each other's shirts from the back. Dont know what this style is called either. :S

Edited by G.A

I'm talking about the STYLE in which this matam is done. There is a style of matam in which people move in a circle by crossing their feet and holding each other's shirts from the back. Dont know what this style is called either. :S

Salaams

That sounds exactly like what we call 'saf'. During this way of azadaari, when the chorus is recited, the 'maatam' or chest beating is relatively slow, circular motion, erect. While the main 'qari' are recited, the maatam becomes heavy, each alternate beat is emphasized with a slight forward bend from the waist, only to stand straight again, all the while going in a circle, anti-clock wise.

(salam)

Just wanted to say Iltemas e dua for your inspiring signature.

May God Bless you..

DUas