Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Ibn al-Hussain

2008 Nohay

Rate this topic

Dear true_malang,

I see what you are trying to say, but just for a second try to see it through my eyes. Our mission as Shia Momins is to spread the message of Imam Hussain, whether it be in English, Urdu, Punjabi, Saraeki, Arabic, Pashtho..u get the jist. It is the first time a noha is doing it, plus you mentioned earlier that culture should be passed on. If you are not aware, Mesum Abbas is from the US..english is part of his culture.

Have you noticed when you tell people about Imam Hussain, how they don't know who he is. Now, even American/British will be able to understand also that Imam Hussain was the "Grandson of Prophet Muhammad"...also if you are not aware if this Mesum Abbas's 2008 noha on http://yaimam.com/ (for those who don't know the link) is supposedly sung in English it is absolutely correct because any song in English that is about Imam Hussain/Rasoolallah is halal. You can check on Sistani.org.

In fact, in other countries (India) drums and all sorts of intstruments are even used in Nohas but it is not haram. For Mesum Abbas to read a noha in english is not only respectful, but also inspiring. It just shows how even as a Muslim American he spreads his religion. You have also said the noha is repulsive, but is there a written rule anywhere that nohas cannot be read in two different languages?? Please do not hinder the spreading of Islam and the identity of Imam Hussain just because you don't like the fact that there has finally been a change in nohas for the betterment of azadari internationally.

Shahjee Pajee

Dear true_malang,

I see what you are trying to say, but just for a second try to see it through my eyes. Our mission as Shia Momins is to spread the message of Imam Hussain, whether it be in English, Urdu, Punjabi, Saraeki, Arabic, Pashtho..u get the jist. It is the first time a noha is doing it, plus you mentioned earlier that culture should be passed on. If you are not aware, Mesum Abbas is from the US..english is part of his culture.

Have you noticed when you tell people about Imam Hussain, how they don't know who he is. Now, even American/British will be able to understand also that Imam Hussain was the "Grandson of Prophet Muhammad"...also if you are not aware if this Mesum Abbas's 2008 noha on http://yaimam.com/ (for those who don't know the link) is supposedly sung in English it is absolutely correct because any song in English that is about Imam Hussain/Rasoolallah is halal. You can check on Sistani.org.

In fact, in other countries (India) drums and all sorts of intstruments are even used in Nohas but it is not haram. For Mesum Abbas to read a noha in english is not only respectful, but also inspiring. It just shows how even as a Muslim American he spreads his religion. You have also said the noha is repulsive, but is there a written rule anywhere that nohas cannot be read in two different languages?? Please do not hinder the spreading of Islam and the identity of Imam Hussain just because you don't like the fact that there has finally been a change in nohas for the betterment of azadari internationally.

Shahjee Pajee

Could not have been said any better. THANKS !

Dear true_malang,

Shahjee Pajee

so what your trying to say is mesum abbas sold out in order to appease the shias who want to revolutionize islam in a mainstream way? i mean this is basically what your post is saying! Marhoom Ustad Sachey "bhai" Rizvi's son also resides in America yet he has never done anything like this....If what you say is correct then he should've been the first one to record a noha like this, but he doesn't because he doesn't have a "duel culture"! The only people who will be pleased by this innovative noha are the modern shias! I'm sorry if I sound a little too extreme, but our mother tongues are important for a reason! If mesum abbas wanted to attract the momins who only speak english, such as the brothers who have converted, then why did he deem it necessary to record the noha in both languages?

Two words: "SELL OUT"

That's fine brother, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I have tried to explain my views and I see it hasn't had any effect on you. Look, you can believe whatever you want to and Inshallah Allah will give you a more open mind...Ameen...Please in the future try to be a just a little less closed minded, not everyone is out to destroy islam, the truth is only people like you are out to slow the progress of it...I don't even know what to tell you anymore, but I have tried on my part and I have done my duty. I leave it up to Allah now and inshallah I will pray for you.

Iltimaas-e-Dua

Muntazir Ali Khan

That's fine brother, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I have tried to explain my views and I see it hasn't had any effect on you. Look, you can believe whatever you want to and Inshallah Allah will give you a more open mind...Ameen...Please in the future try to be a just a little less closed minded, not everyone is out to destroy islam, the truth is only people like you are out to slow the progress of it...I don't even know what to tell you anymore, but I have tried on my part and I have done my duty. I leave it up to Allah now and inshallah I will pray for you.

Iltimaas-e-Dua

Muntazir Ali Khan

slow progress? If our religion is still "progressing slowly" then its because of the moderates, whom mesum abbas's noha is trying to appease, because they still believe in the inconceivable notion that unity with the other sect is obtainable.

Like i've said Munatiz saab, if this noha was recited by to simply "spread his religion" then their many other ways to do it! He really didn't need to fuse two languages, he could've just recited it in simple english. This just shows intellectuals that the concept was commercial. And as far as his "dual culture" goes, Sachey Bhai's son is supposedly in his mid 20's, and lived in the west for most of his life, yet he has never tried to reach out to his western culture....He's continued reciting the same nohas that have been in his father's culture for decades....Even more recently, the chicago anjuman with a tape out hasn't fused american culture....

I don't want to make it a big issue because like someone said earlier, his main listeners are kids, and he surely not be able to recite a noha with hardcore sangats, but the issue of "identity" is something I really have to defend over here...Don't let the youngsters get the idea that we can now recite nohas in english when their mother tongue is urdu or punjabi because too much western influence will lead to the down fall of islam.

[Edited] A noha is a noha. If it's in english it's in english. big deal! You probably don't even know what a noha is for.

real mature statement from a 10 year old....your just sad i, technically, insulted your idol...Grow up and listen to katri so you can be a man

Edited by Ali_Imran

real mature statement from a 10 year old....your just sad i, technically, insulted your idol...Grow up and listen to katri so you can be a man

:lol:

You're the one acting like the '10' year old.

Listen to Katri and become a man?

Do you know why Katri recites?

Edited by AkbarHassan

Pervaiz Party and Shams Party tapes are great..

Where are they @).

sharafat's cd should be released mid muharram

That BibiFiza site used to have his studio nohas, that site was amazing too bad it went down. Good thing I had saved all of them on my computer, I regret not saving most of Waheed's nohas.

Edited by Ali_Imran

:lol:

You're the one acting like the '10' year old.

Listen to Katri and become a man?

Do you know why Katri recites?

Wow, what a brilliant come back!!! Maybe Moulana Mehboob Mehdi should dedicate an entire majlis on how ten year olds should act their age and not interfere in an adult's conversation....I guess he's the last option because its obvious your not getting any morals from home.....Like I told you before, listen to katri and shaams party in order to comprehend the term azadari....Also, look up some of their videos on youtube so you can see how men act

Wow, what a brilliant come back!!! Maybe Moulana Mehboob Mehdi should dedicate an entire majlis on how ten year olds should act their age and not interfere in an adult's conversation....I guess he's the last option because its obvious your not getting any morals from home.....Like I told you before, listen to katri and shaams party in order to comprehend the term azadari....Also, look up some of their videos on youtube so you can see how men act

Comprehend the term azadari?? LOL

matam isn't all of azadari. and azadari is not an adults conversation. So why can't I come in this topic and discuss?

Where are they @).

That BibiFiza site used to have his studio nohas, that site was amazing too bad it went down. Good thing I had saved all of them on my computer, I regret not saving most of Waheed's nohas.

I know bro, it was a great site.. I especially liked their dedication to Bibi Fizza (as) on the home page....I believe they referred to her as "Abyssinia Princess", and "mother fizza".....

I've confirmed from my friend in faisalabad that sharafat's cd will be released mid muharram.....As far as pila's tape, my friend in ny purchased it last night.

lineup for fatima ladaks new tape:

1. Hussain ya Hussain -

2. Hovay na door

3. Kia mujhe chor ke -

4. Ghazi kahan ho

5. Zainab binte Ali -

6. Kasim di mehndi

7. Zuljanah -

8. Akbar veeran -

9. Sakina so rahi

mashallah...i still think she read zehra diya jaayne better than shahid.

moving on ...

zeeshan haider smashed nana vich pardes

on azadar

Gah, I can't find it Dx

azadar .net or .com?

linkpleasethx?

ohoh and can I also have the link for the English nauha by Mesum Abbas??

btw, and those english nauhas, they're last years.