Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Guest Dialectician

What Are You Reading Currently? [OFFICIAL THREAD]

Rate this topic

^

Heck, you have to define the terms. How can I be expected to know RNA means Readily Not Available and not ribonucleic acid?

^^

i can see this might take a very, very and i mean a VERY long time, (VERY with a capital V) :P

:lol:

ok back to the topic at hand, i've been meaning to re-read this great book called

"the qualities and merits of the Shia by SHEIKH AS SADUQ"

I have both hard and soft copy formats :)

^^

i can see this might take a very, very and i mean a VERY long time, (VERY with a capital V) :P

Does not matter at all. I have all of the rest of my life to learn. :P

(salam)

I was reading Going Solo by Roald Dahl the other day. IMO the greatest autobiography of all time? Boy was good too.

The BFG. i just love the bacon and the eggs the BFG eats. Makes me hungry :cry: What a great story. So magical.

Charlie's chocolate factory and the great glass elevator, timeless.

Matilda.

nearly all of his works are hardcore top of the notch.

^

Heck, you have to define the terms. How can I be expected to know RNA means Readily Not Available and not ribonucleic acid?

ROFLLLLLLLLLLLLLL, LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :D :lol: :P

I was enjoying sprite when I read it and almost chocked to death with the laugh........ Well, I hope I was missed in this discussion ^_^

I was enjoying sprite when I read it and almost chocked to death with the laugh........ Well, I hope I was missed in this discussion ^_^

hehe yes Doc you were sorely missed!! hahaa YOUR ABSENCE WAS very CONSPICUOUS ! :lol: Mashallah Sis Rawshni has brought new meaning to the mundane abbreviations.

I wonder what DNA stands for ? Definitely Not Available? :lol:

Jazakallah for the links bro.

:o

2 pages of science stuff

gosh how can u guys stand it

how different this world would have been without the contributions from science? :rolleyes:

(salam)

I didnt know such beings existed before.

LOL :lol:

(wasalam)

hehe yes Doc you were sorely missed!! hahaa YOUR ABSENCE WAS very CONSPICUOUS ! :lol: Mashallah Sis Rawshni has brought new meaning to the mundane abbreviations.

I wonder what DNA stands for ? Definitely Not Available? :lol:

Jazakallah for the links bro.

I am sorry for being unpresent I was trying to get some Plasmid DNA amplified :huh: Masha Allah Sister Rawshni is just awesome with vocabulary, very witty and splendid as well :)

Lol @ Definitely Not Available.

Any time brother, lemme know if I could be of any help with your USMLE, Insha Allah!

(salam)

Akbar007 doen't want to share his knowledge

A freind of mine got me these books and they are like hard copies, more than the books i loved the fact that someone got me a gift but i think i am gonna return it to her after i read them, now i wont mind if my computer crashes and my net dont work but not for long.. and i dont mind why project guttenberg dont have ebooks in PDF format.

the complete short stories by franz kafka...

i read the the index of stories and i didnt want to read ,didnt know which one to read first, so i just skimmed thru the first two parables, and i am like Oh yeah baby- u think so :P

an ordinary persons guide to Empire by arundhati roy...

i like the third chapter "the lonliness of Naom Chomsky" i dont agree with it but for me this is reason enuff to skim thru it.

Philosophy-an introduction to the art of WOndering ( fifth edition) by James L. Christain

i liked reading the prelude but and the " Credit/blame/Acknowledgements" made me tickle, its well worth reading when i will.

The Diary of Young girl- ANNE FRANK :wub:

these are the books that i live for, i love the letters she writes to Kitty :cry:

^ Diary of Anne Frank was really nice. I remember getting really attached to her story when I first read it.

Right now, I'm reading a few books. I ended up ordering books, buying books, just getting them from places all over and now I've got more than I can handle. I wanna read all of them, but can't decide on which one to read first! lol

Nahjul Balagha - I had been reading it online before, but reading stuff online sometimes gives me a headache, so I ordered a hard copy. I read a bit daily, right before I go to bed. So much to be discovered. So little time.

Faith and Reason

A Compendium of Fifty Questions and Answers Related to Islamic Theology, Jurisprudence, and Other Themes

I picked this up at the Masjid a few weeks ago. Its an interesting read, with answers to several questions I've had for quite some time. The compliation of question and answers is meant to help individuals understand their beliefs better, containing questions regarding 'Heaven and Hell', 'Nearness to Allah swt', 'Purpose of Religion', 'Purpose of Creation', 'Divine Will and Human Will', 'Self-Confidence and Trust in Allah swt'. Its even got questions regarding Imam Mahdi Sahib-uz-Zaman.

In the Name of God

Paula Jolin

I found it at the library. At first, I thought it was another novel out to brainwash the non-Muslim community about what life is like in the Middle East for the Muslims. I haven't finished reading it yet, but I'm hoping its not what I assumed it to be. The book is about a young girl of 17, who doesn't support the Westernized life her cousins crave. She's a religious girl, trying to persuade her cousins that Islam is the Way of Life. Since the story is set near and around the time of the War on Iraq, there is a lot of injustice and discrimination shown in the story (not that it was any different before the War on Iraq, but anyways). Nadia is someone who wants to speak up against this injustice being done to her fellow Muslims in Syria. There's the mention of her becoming a 'suicide bomber' on the back cover (?!?) . . . I'm still waiting for the author to goof up with on some detail about Muslims. I'll be happy if I can get through the book without finding one, but I doubt thats gonna happen.

oh. . . and I finally decided to read the last of the Harry Potter books: The Deathly Hallows. Just started it a few days ago. I'm not as intrigued by the stories as I used to be, but reading it helps me relax and escape to another world; even with the whole 'dark' theme of the story. lol

I've still got about four or five other books on my sidetable waiting to be read.

WaSalaam

Edited by Binte.Ali

Im reading:

Peak of Eloquence, Nahjul Balagha nowdays..

Oh Mashallah Mrs F, thats an awesome book and if you combine it by reading Sis Sk00n's choice, you will understand why Imam Ali started his sermons with Creation. You will also see that when you ask sunnis what the first 3 caliphs knew about creation, the answer will be 0%.

Oh Mashallah Mrs F, thats an awesome book and if you combine it by reading Sis Sk00n's choice, you will understand why Imam Ali started his sermons with Creation. You will also see that when you ask sunnis what the first 3 caliphs knew about creation, the answer will be 0%.

Yea, its a very nice book! I loved reading the starting of it when it said how Prophet Muhammad(saw) took care of Imam Ali(as) :wub: i loved that part.. so cute.. Inshallah, i try to find the book which sis skoon is reading.. :)

I am reading, and reciting,

Naad e Ali un Mazharal Ajae'be, Tajad Uwanalaka fin Nawaebe,

Qul Humam wa Ghamim Se'Anjili,

Be Azmateka Ya Allah

Be Nabuwateka Ya Mohammed

Be Welayateka Ya Ali Ya Ali Ya Ali Adrikni, Fi sabeel'Allah

Naday_Ali.gif

I am reading, and reciting,

Naad e Ali un Mazharal Ajae'be, Tajad Uwanalaka fin Nawaebe,

Qul Humam wa Ghamim Se'Anjili,

Be Azmateka Ya Allah

Be Nabuwateka Ya Mohammed

Be Welayateka Ya Ali Ya Ali Ya Ali Adrikni, Fi sabeel'Allah

Naday_Ali.gif

Thats the best thing to read :wub: alhumd!

Just started Sharon Ghamari-Tabrizi's 'The worlds of Herman Kahn: the intuitive science of thermonuclear war'. kahn was the theorist of winnable nuclear war. American fears about nuclear war in the 50s paralled fears about terrorists in the 21st century. the same sorts of assumptions were made by military intelligence as well - if we can't see the Soviet nuclear missiles that proves they've got them.

At the moment, a translated book of poems by Hafiz, A People's History of the United States, The Picture of Dorian Gray, and re-reading Pride & Prejudice for the millionth time... at various intervals. I also tried to start reading The Bourne Identity recently, but I can't really get into it attention-wise.

I'm reading Greater Sins by Ayat. Dastaghaib Shirazi. I just finished Ayat. Fadlullah's book on Fatima (as). I also just finished a book called Goblin Quest by Jim Hines (humorous fantasy) and starting its sequel Goblin Hero.

I'm currently reading two different books; although I wish to be reading more :rolleyes:.

The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown

The Mad Trapper by Rudy Wiebe (Canadian)

A Study of Shakespeare's Sonnets

Edited by Kaka Sahib

Salaam,

The Resurrectionist James bradley, am enjoying it only started the other day

Woman in the Fifth Douglas Kennedy, I had high hopes for this book but it was really disappointing.

ws