Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Guest Dialectician

What Are You Reading Currently? [OFFICIAL THREAD]

Rate this topic

Chanakya Neeti:

"A person should not be too honest. Straight trees are cut first and

Honest people are screwed first."

" Even if a snake is not poisonous, it should pretend to be venomous."

"The biggest guru-mantra is: Never share your secrets with anybody. ! It will destroy you."

"There is some self-interest behind every friendship. There is no Friendship without self-interests. This is a bitter truth."

"Before you start some work, always ask yourself three questions -Why am I doing it, What the results might be and Will I be successful. Only when you think deeply and find satisfactory answers to these questions, go ahead."

"As soon as the fear approaches near, attack and destroy it."

"Once you start a working on something, don't be afraid of failure and don't abandon it. People who work sincerely are the happiest."

"The fragrance of flowers spreads only in the direction of the wind, but the goodness of a person spreads in all direction."

"[Edited Out] s don't live in company of poor men, citizens never support a weak company and birds don't build nests on a tree that doesn't bear fruits."

"God is not present in idols. Your feelings are your god. The soul is your temple."

"A man is great by deeds, not by birth."

"Never make friends with people who are above or below you in status. Such friendships will never give you any happiness."

"Treat your kid like a darling for the first five years. For the next five years, scold them. By the time they turn sixteen, treat them like a friend. Your grown up children are your best friends."

"Education is the best friend. An educated person is respected everywhere. Education beats the beauty and the youth."

This book is base on Chanakya (Indian politician, strategist and writer, 350 BC -275 BC )

some of his rules are still working, and I am reading this 2nd time.

Edited by 3rd June

^ Eye opening quotes. Especially this one: "The biggest guru-mantra is: Never share your secrets with anybody! It will destroy you.

True, because our beloved Imam Ali (as) has said something similar: One, who guards his secrets has complete control over his affairs.(Nahjol Balagha Sayings #161)

Guest EndlessEndeavor

Reading Islamic Philosophy by Oliver Leaman - Thoroughly interesting read but often very difficult to understand with my very limited knowledge.

Also reading How to Win Every Argument - Terrific book that outlines many fallacies used by people in their arguments and how to spot them and use them too!

I need to motivate myself to read, I used to love reading so much, I would read many hours a day (a few years back) now I never read even though I have a bunch of books to read :donno:

Just finish reading the book : The world finally speaks at Karbala Tribunals.

http://outskirtspress.com/webpage.php?ISBN=9781450765169

It is a trial against the oppressors of Imam Hussain AS. I think this should be good for human being to learn about justice.

And this is the last messages from the book :

URGENT CALL!!

Dear Lovers and Devotees of Imam Hussain AS :

Who among you will be the chosen one to take the first step and adopt this idea ?

Who among you will volunteer to initiate this trial for the killers of Imam Husain AS?

Who among you love Imam Husain AS so uch so as to turn this mock trial into reality ?

Who among you would like to be among the blessed companions of Imam Hussain AS by

makin this case against his killers ?

Who among you would like to please Allah SWT by pleasing Imam Hussain AS ?

Who among you would like to please the Holy Prophet SAW by pleasing he who is from

him and part of him ?

Who among you would like to please the mother of Imam Hussain AS, Fatima Al Zahra AS -

The Master Lady of all Worlds ?

Who among you would like to express condolences to Lady Zainab AS by participating

actively in this project ?

Who among you would like your prayers accepted by the Gateway of Needs, Abu Fadl

Al Abbas AS ?

Who among you would like to be qualified to become a soldier of the Imam of Our Time,

may Allah hasten his appearance by proving your devotion to his grandfather

Hussain ibn Ali AS ?

*shakes head in dismay*

Marbles! Who else am I going to get inspiration from? :cry:

I know. What this world has come to :cry:

I will be back soon!

*runs to the bookshelf and fishes out a hefty volume....and puts it back* :squeez: