Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Guest Dialectician

What Are You Reading Currently? [OFFICIAL THREAD]

Rate this topic

Lolita is a magnet that attracts baradar_jackson.

What do you mean?

By the way, I am a fan of your sense of humour :lol:

Fadat.

And I am a fan of your... beard. If i didn't know you I would have thought you were among Agha's most loyal fedayis.

sis? :huh:

Sorry! I didn't realise who you were :blush: Welcome back!

Great pick Blissful! The colonial experience in Conrad's novel brings the point home. And who doesn't know about Lolita. Reading Nabokov's works itself is a lesson in English language and the art of storytelling.

Do review them in detail when you are done. We will discuss.

Thankyou :) inshaa'Allah I will do, & forgive me in advance if it takes time :blush: What you been reading lately Marbles? This thread isn't hearing much from you.

Thankyou :) inshaa'Allah I will do, & forgive me in advance if it takes time :blush: What you been reading lately Marbles? This thread isn't hearing much from you.

I know! I miss reading at super sonic speed :( Business, family and love haven't left me with enough time which I can claim as my own! But I am currently reading two works of fiction, at the speed of a snail, one that I posted last time (Our Lady of Alice Bhatti by Muhammad Hanif) and the second is called "Samarkand" by the Lebanese writer Amin Maalouf.

I know! I miss reading at super sonic speed :( Business, family and love haven't left me with enough time which I can claim as my own! But I am currently reading two works of fiction, at the speed of a snail, one that I posted last time (Our Lady of Alice Bhatti by Muhammad Hanif) and the second is called "Samarkand" by the Lebanese writer Amin Maalouf.

Oh, nice. Do share when you're done!

Society and Economics in Islam by Ayatollah Taleghani (a collection of the Ayatollah's speeches and writings on economics)

Honar dar entezar e mo'ud (Art During the Expectation of the Savior) by Dr. Ali Shariati

You know any good books by Shaheed Beheshti? I liked that guy.

You know any good books by Shaheed Beheshti? I liked that guy.

Naghsh-e tashkilaat dar pishbord-e enghelab-e eslami-ye iran (The Role of Organizations in the Progress of the Iranian Islamic Revolution)

Musighi va tafrih dar eslam (Music and Entertainment in Islam)

Vijegiha-ye enghelab-e eslami-ye iran (The Special Characteristics of the Iranian Islamic Revolution)

Mabani-ye nazari-ye ghanoon-e asasi (Theoretical Framework of the Constitution [of the IRI])

Shenakht-e erfani (Gnostic Knowledge)

Velayat, rahbari va rohaniat (Wilayah, Leadership, and the Clergy)

Edited by baradar_jackson

I have just finished An Epic Swindle: 44 Months With a Pair of Cowboys by Brian Reade.

epic_swindle_launch.jpg

It is a must read for Liverpool fans. It's about the horrific owners we had and how clueless they were. It also makes you appreciate Rafa Benitez so much more when you find out how much he had to go through and how much he put the club before anything.

Naghsh-e tashkilaat dar pishbord-e enghelab-e eslami-ye iran (The Role of Organizations in the Progress of the Iranian Islamic Revolution)

Musighi va tafrih dar eslam (Music and Entertainment in Islam)

Vijegiha-ye enghelab-e eslami-ye iran (The Special Characteristics of the Iranian Islamic Revolution)

Mabani-ye nazari-ye ghanoon-e asasi (Theoretical Framework of the Constitution [of the IRI])

Shenakht-e erfani (Gnostic Knowledge)

Velayat, rahbari va rohaniat (Wilayah, Leadership, and the Clergy)

I'm assuming none of these have been translated into Arabic or English?

I'm assuming none of these have been translated into Arabic or English?

I don't believe so.

His "Philosophy of Islam" (which he and Shahid Bahonar wrote together) and Mohit e peydayesh e eslam (The Rise of Islam) were translated in English.

Not sure of any others.

http://www.al-islam.org/murajaat/ - Muraja'at - a Sunni/Shia dialogue, it's a book which contains letters between a Sunni alim and a Shi'i alim. The sunni starts the debate/discussion to hope and find answers on his questions..really nice book and the best recommendation for people who have the same questions.

Furthermore, I would recommend everyone to read The autobiography of Malcolm X. It's one of the best books I've ever read.

Jinnah of Pakistan by Stanley Wolpert

I'm reading that book as well! I've nearly finished it, though. I only read it because I was bored and my dad recommended it to me. It wasn't as boring as I expected it to be.

I'm in the middle of reading quite a lot of books right now, because I'm doing an a level in english literature. So I'm reading:

Othello, which I don't particularly like

Death of a Salesman by Arthur Miller, which I don't like that much either, but it's still better than Othello

I just finished the Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini, which was amazing!!

And I'm also reading The Road by Cormac McCarthy which is really good as well, but it's really sad :cry: