Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Craig D

Akon And Other Rappers Are Moslem?

Rate this topic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akon

Background

He is the son of the Senegalese percussionist Mor Thiam. He is a Muslim born in St. Louis, Missouri, but grew up in Senegal until he was 7,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T-Pain

T-Pain

Faheem Najm (born June 30, 1985 in Tallahassee, Florida), known by his stage name T-Pain, is an American hip hop, R&B Singer-songwriter and producer who has been noted for using vocoder in his singing.[1][2] He was born to entrepreneur Muslim parents, Shasheem Najm and Aliyah Najm.

Mos Def and others as well..

Is Akon the same guy who sings "Mr Lonely" ??

not sure sis, i stay away from his music now. but he is the guy who had a disgusting display onstage with a 15 year old girl in which they were mocking (with clothes on) sexual intercourse.

Mos Def, is a cool guy, Akon is a load of guff.

It's not really all that shocking when you think about the general state of The Ummah. Just because these so called muslims are publicly displaying their sins, doesn't make them any worse than the rest of us.

Wikipedia is not a very reliable source either, anyone can edit or add to it.

I agree

Nah, how can you say that, there are some amazing muslim artists out there,

Just as Marx said that religion was the opium of the people, music can be seen in the same way. For a lot of people, music is their way of praising God. I don't just mean muslims, I mean generally. A very good friend of mine came to practise Islam through listening to various Nasheed artists, everyone loves Allah in their own way. I say respect to those brothers who bring their love for Allah (swt) to the masses through their art.

I am not getting into the debate of the halal-ness of music, I just mean we can't tar all muslim rappers with the same brush.

I agree again. In fact, a large influence on me reverting to Islam was because of my association with Muslim hip-hop artists.

yazid (LA) and the rest of the murderers of the Ahel-e-bait were also muslims!

Nah Yazeed openly denounced Islam and slandered The Prophet (saw) !!!

this is not the topic to be discussed on shiachat, "this singer is good that is bad "

as all that stuff is haram, singing . . .bla bla . ..

Yes You're right lets discuss loads of sex and promiscuity ...oh let's all talk about our dilemmas .... Akbar to my left Ahmed to my right here I am stuck in the middle with you....what should I do I'm a respectable hijjabi girl in a respectable hijjabi world...imagination..life is your creation...come on hijjabi lets go party..... I love a hindu guy and I just dont know what to do we had intimate relations after he did pooja on me with incense sticks and waved a gulab jammon round my head then ate it

34.34_recipe_Untitled-2.jpg

^ GULAB JAMUNS 4 ALL THOSE WHO DIDN'T KNOW...

NO THATS NOT HARAM AT ALL ......Director in my humble shiachatting opinion you are very closed minded and old

The only good Muslim artist is Lupe Fiasco....Mos def kinda lost my respect after his apperance on the Bill Maher show, lol..it looked he was still in character from 16 blocks.

Nah, how can you say that, there are some amazing muslim artists out there, some even frequent SC! They're proper BO.

Just as Marx said that religion was the opium of the people, music can be seen in the same way. For a lot of people, music is their way of praising God. I don't just mean muslims, I mean generally. A very good friend of mine came to practise Islam through listening to various Nasheed artists, everyone loves Allah in their own way. I say respect to those brothers who bring their love for Allah (swt) to the masses through their art.

I am not getting into the debate of the halal-ness of music, I just mean we can't tar all muslim rappers with the same brush.

Salaams

Lisa Mafia has a valid point about Muslims. Imam Hussain (a.s.) referred to the Kufans as "muslims" and not "followers" in his letter after he departed Mecca (because these ;'muslims' turned their backs against him, and thus they are mentioned in Ziarate Ashura). Anyone can be a Muslim, but not everyone can be a follower. It takes a true and pious person to actually be both.

A quick question for those who are quick to judge.

Are you PERFECT in your religion?

Surely, you are not, as you are not infallible. ONLY Allah may judge others.

Perhaps, Akon and Co aren't deeply educated in Islam, this does not make them non-Muslim.

I recall the lyrics in one of his songs titled Senegal "So what you know about how God comes first in our lives, everything that we do is for Allah"

He believes in Allah and the Prophet, what he does, is up to him.

Allah is merciful.

It is haraam to compare him to Yazid, just because he sings and shares western ideals.

Perhaps, Akon and Co aren't deeply educated in Islam, this does not make them non-Muslim.

I recall the lyrics in one of his songs titled Senegal "So what you know about how God comes first in our lives, everything that we do is for Allah"

He believes in Allah and the Prophet, what he does, is up to him.

Allah is merciful.

It is haraam to compare him to Yazid, just because he sings and shares western ideals.

I may not be perfect in my religion.

However, i want to know one thing

Do you think "i wanna "love" you" is muslim like?

Also is simulating sex with random 15 year old girls on stage muslim like?

He may be a muslim, that is something that we cannot argue. However, he does not lead a Muslim lifestyle.

Edited by mmm

I may not be perfect in my religion.

However, i want to know one thing

Do you think "i wanna "love" you" is muslim like?

Also is simulating sex with random 15 year old girls on stage muslim like?

He may be a muslim, that is something that we cannot argue. However, he does not lead a Muslim lifestyle.

I never said I agreed with his standards or behavior.

The question is not whether he is Muslim like or not.

The question is whether he is Muslim or not.

I don't think he really cares what Muslims think of him and neither should he.

I'm sick of people saying "this person or that person is not a good Muslim ra ra ra" all so high and mighty.

Edited by Hassan2jz

I never said I agreed with his standards or behavior.

The question is not whether he is Muslim like or not.

The question is whether he is Muslim or not.

I don't think he really cares what Muslims think of him and neither should he.

I'm sick of people saying "this person or that person is not a good Muslim ra ra ra" all so high and mighty.

Dude, have you listened to his songs? He is NOT a good Muslim. I know i sound all judgemental and stuff but thats the truth. Someone who makes songs like that is not a good muslim. He is a muslim, just not a very good one.

It is also haraam to use a medium of haraam to prove halaal, such as that line of lyrics you just quoted. Ask for references if need be, but those references are on this very SC forum with our reknowned guest speakers :) Please, do not integtrate the two - that is insulting to Islam.

While I am not comparing anyone with Yazid (la), Yazid too used to praise God constantly, albeit with wrong intentions, when the captors entered Syria, no?

It is also haraam to use a medium of haraam to prove halaal, such as that line of lyrics you just quoted. Ask for references if need be, but those references are on this very SC forum with our reknowned guest speakers :) Please, do not integtrate the two - that is insulting to Islam.

While I am not comparing anyone with Yazid (la), Yazid too used to praise God constantly, albeit with wrong intentions, when the captors entered Syria, no?

I just mentioned the lyrics to prove that he is Muslim.

If you are insulted, I couldn't care less really.

To clarify again, I am not saying he is a good Muslim, I am not saying that he is even a good person etc.

I am simply saying that he is Muslim and what he does or does not do is up to him, he is only answerable to Allah,

not you or I.

To clarify again, I am not saying he is a good Muslim, I am not saying that he is even a good person etc.

I am simply saying that he is Muslim and what he does or does not do is up to him, he is only answerable to Allah,

not you or I.

I never questioned him or judged him, but if things are wrong, any 'muslim' is allowed to let the other know that using such examples may not benefit anyone. The problem with people today, like you, is we keep saying "between him and Allah", not caring for Nahi or 'Amr. "Me and my God".

Doing Nahi or 'Amr doesnt mean to judge, questioning, or obtaining answers. It means to point out the possible errors and retain or promote the good in ANYone.

And as for being high and mighty, it is exactly this attitude of self pride that destroys muslims with the western ideology of "I am who I am so leave me be". Islam is not a religion of the self only, it is to 'enjoin good and shun evil', an intricate pillar, which you would know instead of blasting others. Infact, it is YOU who think all 'high and mighty' by trying to act like 'it is my life'. It is, granted, and in the end you are judged by YOUR actions, but everyone is questioned if we did anything to instill awareness and promote Islam. It doesn't mean, according to you, we are condescending or trodding, it means helping, creating an awareness in a positive way.

YOU tried defending a cause that is contrary to the beliefs by IMPLYING his lyrics was positive. THAT is unacceptable, ask any Marja'e, and I challenge you to that.

Edited by mnkhaki

I never questioned him or judged him, but if things are wrong, any 'muslim' is allowed to let the other know that using such examples may not benefit anyone. The problem with people today, like you, is we keep saying "between him and Allah", not caring for Nahi or 'Amr. "Me and my God".

Doing Nahi or 'Amr doesnt mean to judge, questioning, or obtaining answers. It means to point out the possible errors and retain or promote the good in ANYone.

And as for being high and mighty, it is exactly this attitude of self pride that destroys muslims with the western ideology of "I am who I am so leave me be". Islam is not a religion of the self only, it is to 'enjoin good and shun evil', an intricate pillar, which you would know instead of blasting others. Infact, it is YOU who think all 'high and mighty' by trying to act like 'it is my life'. It is, granted, and in the end you are judged by YOUR actions, but everyone is questioned if we did anything to instill awareness and promote Islam. It doesn't mean, according to you, we are condescending or trodding, it means helping, creating an awareness in a positive way.

YOU tried defending a cause that is contrary to the beliefs by IMPLYING his lyrics was positive. THAT is unacceptable, ask any Marja'e, and I challenge you to that.

true, i agree bro.

34.34_recipe_Untitled-2.jpg

^ GULAB JAMUNS 4 ALL THOSE WHO DIDN'T KNOW...

NO THATS NOT HARAM AT ALL ......Director in my humble shiachatting opinion you are very closed minded and old

lol.. those do look good :P i love making them!

no ones judging hassan - it seems u r jumping to conclusions. its not a question of being perfect either. if lets say someone lied to another person for a wrong reason, stole some money, or did something contrary to islam, and i tell him what he did was wrong, is that judging or as mnkhaki said bringing him on the right path? does that make me perfect or just one trying to help someone who maybe heading down a path not suitable in islam? it seems to me u r quick to judge those who really aren't.

we r there to help each other out man.

Edited by youthshia

Tell you what, send Akon an e-mail and tell him that he is a bad Muslim.

I know what Nahi/Amr, but thanks for the definition.

You can IMPLY what you want, an implication is your implication to be made.

Unless I EXPLICITLY say something defending a cause, I have done nothing wrong.

Nice try though. :)

Good day to you.

Tell you what, send Akon an e-mail and tell him that he is a bad Muslim.

Childish.

I know what Nahi/Amr, but thanks for the definition.

Then act on it.

You can IMPLY what you want, an implication is your implication to be made.

Unless I EXPLICITLY say something defending a cause, I have done nothing wrong.

Alrighty.

Nice try though. :)

I didn't try. I accomplished.

Good day to you.

Peace!