Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
koroigetsuga

The Al-aqsa Mosque Is The Third Temple Rebuilt

Rate this topic

Yawn.

I wouldn't mind repeating the correction to this misconception if you had not already read it when I previously posted it.

The people who control your thoughts must be getting tired if they are trying to bring this up again.

No it wasn't.

No I don't.

Yawn.

Next!!!!

So you don't have answer. Strangely you don't have much of an answer for the majority of inquiry that is directed at you. I think I am understanding why Ariella didn't wish to participate in fallacious debate with your ilk anymore.

My next question should be did Christianity invent straw-mans, since that's all we see from Christians :lol:

Cherry-picking the Bible for what suits...need I say more

I am beginning to understand why so many atheists are spawning from your homeland....yeah I mean Richard Dawkins and the rest.....only people like u could have spawned people like them

Edited by koroigetsuga

These dietary restrictions are an invention of men and their justification for them are specious to say the least.

Ah, so now you are throwing out Moses as well?

Do you realize that Moses is the guy who brought those commandments down on stone tablets from Mt. Sinai?

Ah, so now you are throwing out Moses as well?

Do you realize that Moses is the guy who brought those commandments down on stone tablets from Mt. Sinai?

There is nothing in the Commandments regarding diet.

There is nothing in the Commandments regarding diet.

ARGH!

Lev 11:44 For I [am] the LORD your God: ye shall therefore sanctify yourselves, and ye shall be holy; for I [am] holy: neither shall ye defile yourselves with any manner of creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Lev 11:45 For I [am] the LORD that bringeth you up out of the land of Egypt, to be your God: ye shall therefore be holy, for I [am] holy.

Lev 11:46 ¶ This [is] the law of the beasts, and of the fowl, and of every living creature that moveth in the waters, and of every creature that creepeth upon the earth:

Lev 11:47 To make a difference between the unclean and the clean, and between the beast that may be eaten and the beast that may not be eaten.

There's more to all that "don't eat the bad things!" in the Torah.

Before you a Christian retorts that the above that Ariella quoted is "Old Testament" law and no longer applicable to them (why do they consider that the ten commandments are still in force then? and about that, why do they not observe the Sabbath (which isn't Sunday by the way..) then? How about making graven images? anyhow...), then there is this part in Acts 15 which is supposedly a message for the Christian converts among the non-Jews:

28 For it seemed good to the Holy Spirit, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things: 29 that you abstain from things offered to idols, from blood, from things strangled, and from sexual immorality. If you keep yourselves from these, you will do well.

From what I understand, during that time meat, whether amongst Jews or Greeks, would have been killed in a religious context. By saying not to eat food offered to idols meant they couldn't eat the meat that the pagans were eating (which often would have been pork anyhow). And by refraining from blood it doesn't seem far-fetched to interpret that to mean the animal must be killed via the cut to the throat (thus bleeding the animal) as we see in halal and kashrut slaughter. Note how the part right after that specifically mentions to refrain from (eating) those things that are strangled, so obviously there is some concept of dietary laws present here.

Keep in mind that the above is coming from the book of the Acts of the Apostles, a work written in the prism of a Pauline outlook. And that what I quoted was is mentioned as being a concession to those converts from pagan backgrounds (specifically addressed as "To the brethren who are of the Gentiles in Antioch, Syria, and Cilicia") so as not to make it hard on them in accepting the religion, thus it would seem logical to postulate that the early members of the Church in Jerusalem were themselves be observing a more encompassing set of dietary laws.

Also keep in mind this is supposed to have happened years after the ascension of Christ (as), so the argument that his "sacrifice" (as you believe in it) had done away with these types of laws is nullified.