Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Usman

Hadhrat Baba Guru Nanak ( Ra ) Was A Muslim

Rate this topic

Sikh males feel very insecure about this and have come up with all kinds of stories about Muslim males chassing Sikh and Hindu girls to convert them by force and work in brothels in Lahore. I know it sounds absolutely crazy but they feed Sikh youth these lies. Go on forums like www.sikhawareness.com or www.sikhsangat.com and you'll see plenty of anti-Islamic threads and posts. It is really disgusting!

I have heard similar stories brother Bahadur Ali, and until now I never really took them seriously. Interesting.

I never knew about the aborting female children though. Usually that does happen in patriarchal cultures.

I have heard similar stories brother Bahadur Ali, and until now I never really took them seriously. Interesting.

I never knew about the aborting female children though. Usually that does happen in patriarchal cultures.

India is famous for this from what I understand. I even heard that in some state doctors were prohibited by law from disclosing gender of child.

Brother Bahadur Ali,

Thank you for that most enlightening post. I looked at some sample pages of that book and it spoke of Sufi practices. I wanted to know what you understanding was of the line between Shia'ism and Sufism. Is one simply a part of another? Was this honorably author, Kashifi, a Shia Sufi? What exactly is that and what is the state of those traditions today?

(salam)

Don't know much about the life of Hazrat Guru Nanak, however:

Guru Nanak have been my favourite patis ( tobacco ) .....when adding to Indian Paan :wub: Add Zahoor to it, and you get the best combo....

Fi-Amanillah

Inshallah said:

salam.gif

Don't know much about the life of Hazrat Guru Nanak, however:

Guru Nanak have been my favourite patis ( tobacco ) .....when adding to Indian Paan wub.gif Add Zahoor to it, and you get the best combo....

This is the funniest thing ever! Did you know tobacco is haram for Sikhs? LOL Well Muslim Nanakshahis do smoke but Indian Sikhs hate it to the point that some of them have beheaded smokers on Indian trains.LOL

Edited by Bahadur Ali

Wow it is very interesting to know the reason as to why Sikhs hate muslims so much especially here in the Uk. I can remmember a few years back when a couple of Sikh girls married into muslim families and converted to Islam when all these leaflets started appearing and it resulted in fights nearly once a week in my School between muslims and sikhs. It even resulted in attacks on Mosques and then the muslims responded by going to attack the Gurdwara.

Don't get me wrong the Sikh master's writings are truly amazing and very inspiring for any spiritual person but the problem is modern Sikhs who are 70% Jatts (a farming caste in India) have hijacked Sikhism for their own political agenda of Jatt supremacy.

(salam)

Just in case some you still doubted what I said about Sikhs hating Muslims in the UK, here is a youtube video of a song made by people close to Sikh fundamentalists and a gang called Shere Panjab currently recruiting Sikh youths in order to enact violence against the Muslim community. These songs are free for download on Sikh fundamentalist sites. Listen and judge for yourselves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDP79AyCg4c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80ct5bk1A2s...feature=related

Notice the combination of gangsta rap aesthetics and Islamophobia. Shere Panjab is known for being close to the BNP and the NF.

kind regards

Bahadur Ali Shah

(salam)

Just in case some you still doubted what I said about Sikhs hating Muslims in the UK, here is a youtube video of a song made by people close to Sikh fundamentalists and a gang called Shere Panjab currently recruiting Sikh youths in order to enact violence against the Muslim community. These songs are free for download on Sikh fundamentalist sites. Listen and judge for yourselves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDP79AyCg4c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80ct5bk1A2s...feature=related

Notice the combination of gangsta rap aesthetics and Islamophobia. Shere Panjab is known for being close to the BNP and the NF.

kind regards

Bahadur Ali Shah

Oh God. That's freaky.

(salam)

Here are articles proving the link between Sikh extremists and the BNP:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/racism/Story/0,,624352,00.html

http://www.guardian.co.uk/racism/Story/0,,547756,00.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/1535348.stm

And this is the famous video:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=53...h&plindex=0

Not that this man doesn't really wear a turban and doesn't keep a bear or long hair.

This is a Sikh girl who converted to Islam, unfortunately not Shi'a but her testimony is quite informative about how Sikhs behave inside their own family circle when it comes to Islam:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=42...h&plindex=3

kind regards

Bahadur Ali Shah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18OhBhJXx40...feature=related

brother Bahadur Ali I have been watching some of these radical sikhs on youtube...you can see their hatred by just schiming over some of the comments they are leaving behind

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZCKcrUUTqI...feature=related

this video actually dealt with a lot of the issues in the sikh community that you were talking about

yes all sikhs hate muslims, and all muslims are terrorists! its a terrifying world! BUH!

Not all sikhs hate muslims but in generall here in the UK the sikh community is an open enemy of the muslims and this is evident in their practices and publications as well as their culture.

(salam)

truthseeker2

yes all sikhs hate muslims, and all muslims are terrorists! its a terrifying world! BUH!

If that's your opinion then I am sorry. There are Sikhs who do not hate Muslims but let's just say they are a minority especially in the UK.

Edited by Bahadur Ali

(salam)

Just in case anyone doubted my claims about the boar tusk worn by Nihangs and especially Niddar Singh's disciples here are the posts provided by a close disciple of Niddar Singh, Dynamic Banda:

boarzn2.th.jpg

boarack2.th.jpg

The same individual also claimed that the head of the Nihang order at that time, Akali Baba Surjit Singh had confirmed it to him.I posted this just in case some people might think I made the boar tusk story up.

Again my criticism is not against Baba Nanak Shah (ra) but against the way how modern Sikh behave towards us.

kind regards

Bahadur Ali Shah

(salam)

Just in case you still had doubts about Sikhs hating Muslims here is a famous website:

http://www.whyichosesikhism.com

"Why I chose Sikhism and I didn't chose Islam" Says it all really...

Oh my......I have read christian and jewish literature against islam, but this is a first for me

While I clearly am opposed to the islamophobic hatred that this site propagates, I wonder if there is at least some small inkling of truth in what they are saying about bad experiences with muslims trying to convert them.

(salam)

koroigetsuga the issue of so-called "forced conversions" of Sikh and Hindu girls to Islam has been investigated by the BBC:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/asiannetwork/document...nversions.shtml

listen to it. quite informative about the deceptive tactics used by Hindu and Sikh organisations.

I don't deny that HUT has been quite active in converting people but they also target us Shi'as, in fact anyone even other Sunnis. The hatred Sikhs have of Muslims comes from somewhere else and is culturally engrained.

kind regards

Bahadur Ali Shah

(salam)

koroigetsuga the issue of so-called "forced conversions" of Sikh and Hindu girls to Islam has been investigated by the BBC:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/asiannetwork/document...nversions.shtml

listen to it. quite informative about the deceptive tactics used by Hindu and Sikh organisations.

I don't deny that HUT has been quite active in converting people but they also target us Shi'as, in fact anyone even other Sunnis. The hatred Sikhs have of Muslims comes from somewhere else and is culturally engrained.

kind regards

Bahadur Ali Shah

Bahadur Ji,

We are just fanning the fire of hatred by a choice of words. The reverse can also take place and we have the power to choose peace instead of war. If anyone is proud to proclaim that Guru Nanak was indeed a Muslim, I don't see that to be a problem. Likewise, The Dalai Lama, spiritual leader of Buddhists in Tibet, has confirmed it in his discussions with some Sikh leaders and that Tibetans revere Guru Nanak as a Buddhist saint under the name of Guru Gompka Maharaj. Sikhs make no big Deal about it. Ahmedians are welcome to claim what they want. There are so many sects within and outside of Sikhism which have their foundation in Guru Nanak and other authors found in Sri Guru Granth Sahib. Namely, Udasis, Nirmalas, Sewa Panthis and Akali Nihangs. Many off-shoots of these 4 are also present.

It would be good to add a few more from the muslims' side. The more the merrier.

Edited by namjap

(salam)

The issue of Hazrat Baba Nanak Shah (ra) being a Muslim is an issue that predates the heretical writings of Mirza Ghulam Ahmad from Qadian. Usman does seem to forget that Hazrat Baba Nanak Shah (ra)'s companion, Bhai Mardana had descendants who still exist today.These have remained Muslims and used to play sacred music in Sikh shrines. These Rababis or descendants of Bhai Mardana are ALL Shi'a.

The fact that Hazrat Baba Nanak Shah (ra) was a Muslim is also mentioned in Ismaili and Ni'matullahi writings who clearly talk about him as being a dervish and one of their onw. At that time the Agha Khans took bayat from the qutb of the Ni'matullahi order and followed 12er Shi'ism at meast in theory. The title "Shah" is worn by dervishes of Shi'a Sufi orders such as the Ni'matullahi.

Hazrat Baba Nanak (as) mentions a hadith of Imam Ja'far (as) about the fact that Imam 'Ali (as) and the Prophet (pbuh) are one light.

The institution of langar and the very structure of the recitation of Sikh hymns follows Ismaili and Alevi patterns.

The initiation ritual of the Sikhs is DIRECTLY dervied from Shi'a chivalry manuals such as the Futuwwah Nameh ye Sultani of Kashifi.

Hazrat Baba Nanak Shah (ra) never created a new religion but rather an interfaith organisation where Muslims and monotheist Hindus shared a common love for God. The fact that it wasn't a new religion is shown by the fact that the Sikh masters also got mosques built besides Sikh shrines. Muslims and Hindus who followed Hazrat Baba Nanak Shah (ra) were encouraged to be good practitioners of the their own tradition, in the same way as Rumi (ra) taught both Muslims and Christians. Of course Islam is the ideal religion and eventually the aim was to bring people to Islam.

The teachings of Hazrat Baba Nanak Shah (as) were never intended to become a new religion which makes modern Sikhism an outright heresy like Ahmadism.

Usman, your cult is good at coming up with moronic scholarship without any real academic proof. Just for your info: I used to be a Sikh 'alim!

Salaam,this is quite interesting,i use to be Sikh too.

I think to the original question. Simply no one else felt the need to "prove" it before that Baba Guru Nanak was a muslim, it was and is a well known fact.

As for differences and tensions between muslims and sikhs. I only have one good friend who is sikh and hes got nothing agaisnt muslims, and in terms of being anything against shia, he is more shia if you classify shia as "Party of Ali".

We always talk about Imam Ali, listen to nohay,lectures, qawwalis about imam ali. So there is no animosity there.

And he openly admits that Baba Guru Nanak was a muslim and that he remained a muslim throughout his life, his followers after his death took his teachings (which were islamic according to him) and local cultural traditions and made it a new religion.

My work mate is a sikh and they are definately not muslim. however he told me they have some sufi elements in their religion . Guru nanak studied under a sufi saint who belonged to the chistii order. All sufi orders trace their linage to Imam Ali (as).

salam,(to the muslims)

guru nanak in his last years converted to islam and he also went hajj, he was a muslim but saying radhi talha anhu seems to be an exageration. Qadiani are kafir and the followers of qadiani are kafir repent and read the kalimah and enter the fold of islam please.

waslam (to the muslims)

Nanak was a kafir all his life, he was never a Muslim. Yes he went to hajj, but you know how he disrespected Khana Ka'aba?

gurunanakatmecca.jpg

When he entered the Haaram shareef he put his feet toward the Khana Ka'aba and disrespected our religion. As you can see from the picture the Muslims told him not to put his feet toward the Qibla but he told them "God is everywhere". So obviously he was a kafir. And he was a stupid person because he was thinking that we believe Allah is inside the Ka'aba! Allah Ta'ala exist without a place, He is Az-Zahir, the Manifest nothing is above Him, and He is Al-Batin, the Hidden nothing is below Him.

P.S. Also look how hypocrites Sikhs are. They justify Nanak putting his feet toward Ka'aba because they say "God is everywhere", but if I put my feet toward their Granth they will beat me up and say I am disrespecting their religion! So sikhs are biggest hypocrites!

Edited by Ghulam Nabi

Nanak was a kafir all his life, he was never a Muslim. Yes he went to hajj, but you know how he disrespected Khana Ka'aba?

gurunanakatmecca.jpg

When he entered the Haaram shareef he put his feet toward the Khana Ka'aba and disrespected our religion. As you can see from the picture the Muslims told him not to put his feet toward the Qibla but he told them "God is everywhere". So obviously he was a kafir. And he was a stupid person because he was thinking that we believe Allah is inside the Ka'aba! Allah Ta'ala exist without a place, He is Az-Zahir, the Manifest nothing is above Him, and He is Al-Batin, the Hidden nothing is below Him.

P.S. Also look how hypocrites Sikhs are. They justify Nanak putting his feet toward Ka'aba because they say "God is everywhere", but if I put my feet toward their Granth they will beat me up and say I am disrespecting their religion! So sikhs are biggest hypocrites!

[Note from Mod: Please also refrain from making personal attacks against other members. Thanks.]

3. Cursing of the 3 "Caliphs" (Abu Bakr, Umar and Uthman by name or number) as well as Sunni scholars is strictly prohibited. This involves cursing by name, swear words and defamatory language.

this was brought to my attention.....so i felt the need to reply as i am a baptised sikh

Guru Nanak returned to his village after going missing for 3 days.....he was presumed dead by the villagers but Guru ji said that he was with the almighty and the was told about what he put on earth to do!

Guru Nanak's 1st words after he returned were (english translation) -

THERE IS ONLY ONE GOD

Truth is his name

He is the creator

He is without fear

He is without hate

He is immortal, without form

He is beyond birth and death

He is self-illuminated

He is realised by the kindness of the true Guru.

He was true in the beginning

He is true now

Nanak says he will forever be true

after telling the people about wat god told him, he also said "Na Koi Hindu, Na Koi Musalmaan"

Translated as "there is no hindu, there is no muslim"

This is written in the the Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji by Guru Nanak Dev Ji himself, this was not written by a 3rd person, this was written by Guru ji himself,

Guru Nanak was not a muslim or hindu, he was sent to earth to create another religion that would rise above the tensions of the time and so sikhism was created

if u read guru nanak devs ji teachings he does not go into detail about islam, he only talks about god, he never talks about accepting islam and not about accepting the prophet mohammed, he went to mecca not to do hajj but to teach muslims that god is everywhere and not just in the kaabaa,

how can guru nanak dev ji be a muslim if he believed in re-incarnation, countless times guru ji said he would return in other forms....inforns of the other 9 gurus, in one incident he told a young boy that he would allow he will see him again in his 10th form..(guru gobind singh) and that he will then break him from the bonds of birth and death, this was confirmed by guru gobind singh - this is all documented

guru nanak dev ji said that his soul would enter into the next guru after his time on earth was up...this is not islamic....as islam does not believ in reincarnation,

in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji it says "Sab Te Vada SatGur Nanak" - "the true guru - Guru Nanak is the highest of high" and i feel this is true to this day, we have mulsims saying Guru Nanak was theres, we have hindus saying Guru Nanak was theres, we have buddhists saying Guru Nanak was theres, the truth is Guru Nanak dev ji is not just the prophet of the Sikhs but the prophet of all humanity!!

Edited by khalsa

There is only one God

Truth is his name

He is the creator

He is without fear

He is without hate

He is immortal, without form

He is beyond birth and death

He is self-illuminated

Islam shares these beliefs. But I think Hinduism does not believe in one God.

Islam does not believe in reincarnation

True, Islam does not believe in re-incarnation.

guru nanak dev ji said that his soul would enter into the next guru after his time on earth was up

Interesting but where did his soul go after the tenth Guru ?

it's possible Guru nanak wasn't a sikh, or a hindu, but his followers were hindus partially reverted to islam calling it sikhism.

isa (as) was not a christian, or a jew, he was a shia. Just like all prophets

my point is, even with prophets of other nations many religions had been created after they had disappeared.

what i heard is, guru nanak became a shia saint, he met a syed shia saint, who shown him the light, guru nanak disappeared into the woods away from the world, to discover the truth.

but this is only what i have heard, even though theres so many stories about who he really was,

if he was born a hindu, he obviously changed to another religion, most likely a sunni or a shia, the sikhism is simply a confused religion religion made up after his disappearence, or from the begning of his research, since the majority were hindus and some muslims, most likely gurus followers were hindus, whocouldnt leave the old traditions nor could leave islam resulting in mixing the 2. We all know Guru nanak simply left hinduism, to which religion is the argument, but sikism was a religion made by the confused followers left o their own, sticking with part hindu part muslim views.

Edited by alialiali

The test of whether Guru Nanak was a muslim should surely be in his writings and his actions. I have yet to see anyone quote any of his writings regarding islam, or any of the writings of the (muslim) bards satta and balwand which are in the Guru Granth sahib and talk about Guru Nanak passing Guruship to the second Guru.

The best test of Bahadur's thesis (I knew him when he was exploring Sikhi) is to see what kind of house Guru Nanak established and whom he chose as his successor. This was his last act as Guru...and he passed away soon after. If as Bahadur claims, there was a hidden agenda to bring followers together and go back to Islam, then surely his successor, Guru Angad, would have been given that message too.

Guru Angad never went to hajj, he set up a separate alphabet of punjabi, continued preaching Sikhi and venerated only Guru Nanak, and kept his teachings. Why would he continue to develop Sikhi by giving it its own identity, and own written language.

When Bhai Gurdas, Sikh historien and contemprory of 4th and 5th Sikh Guru';s wrote about Guru Nanak's travel, he clearly states that Guru Nanak went to Mecca and Baghdad, here in both places he engaged in discourses. So what was the outcome of these discourses? He was proclaimed!! Bhai Gurdas states that his slippers were kept in Mecca as a token and these were worshipped (respected). When in Baghdad, he actually took the Qazi's son for a spiritual tour of all the heavens and hells to make them aware that there were more than 7 of each. I think its clear that the Guru's never told people to convert away from Islam, but equally many chose to do so and this is also a historical fact that Sikhism is made up of Hindu and Sikh converts.

Bahadur...Gur Sikhi (their teachings) is the unadultarated truth, requiring not conversion but simply to listen and learn and practice. Practice and getting the fruit of such practice was the Guru's method for attaining immersion into the Creator, sublime soul. All these silly aim to try to convert someone is such low level thinking...whom can you convert when there is only One. Only those who love that One will find It. no wonder the muslims of Gurus time saw him as a pir and pegambar and the hindus called him Guru. When a Sat Guru comes, one who teaches the truth, mankind should fall on their knees and kiss his feet and say, "Teach me the way to meet my beloved creator..".

If you were to call him Muslim, you fall short. He is and allways will be a Sat Guru. Once you have given your head, dont ask for it back. You never took Amrit, but commitment to your Pir is key. Afual gunaah hai, shahan shah hai..

AOA,

I am from the Ahmadiyya Section. Hadhrat Mirza Ghulam Ahmad of Qadian ( PBUH ) is the first person in the history of Islam who proved that Baba Guru Nanak ( RA ) was, in fact, a Muslim.

Birth of Sikhism

http://www.alislam.org/library/links/00000180.html

Sikhism - Some Distinctive Beliefs

http://www.alislam.org/library/links/00000181.html

Image of Chola Baba Nanak

http://www.alislam.org/library/links/chola.html

Those who can understand Urdu Language can download his book on this subject

http://www.alislam.org/urdu/rk/rk-10-31.pdf

Before reading this book dont forget to download the introduction to "Satt Bachan"

http://www.alislam.org/urdu/rk/rk-10-index.pdf

AH

No he wasn't and we've responded in detail to the claims of Ghulam Ahmad who alleged that Guru Nanak was a bona fide Muslim from both a theological and historical perspective in the following two articles:

1) Was Guru Nanak a Muslim?

http://www.islam-sikhism.info/hist/muslim/muslim01.htm

2) Uncloaking Mirza Ghulam Ahmad's

Guru Nanak

http://www.islam-sikhism.info/hist/ahmad/ahmad01.htm

If the Ahmadiyya believe they can refute any of these articles then they're more than welcome to try. Simply email us your refutation to islam_sikhism@yahoo.com