Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Tears of Karbala

Schools Of Thought

Rate this topic

4 schools of Ahle Sunnah w'al Jammah

Hanifi - Abu Hanifas

Maliki - Imam Malik

Shafi'i - Imam Shafi

Hanbali - Imam Ahmed Hanbal

1 shia school of thought

Jaferi - Imam Jafer as Sadiq a.s

But one thing i want to know.........didnt Imam Jafer as Sadiq teach these above scholars? correct me if i am wrong

Edited by Tears of Karbala

4 schools of Ahle Sunnah w'al Jammah

Hanifi - Abu Hanifas

Maliki - Imam Malik

Shafi'i - Imam Shafi

Hanbali - Imam Ahmed Hanbal

1 shia school of thought

Jaferi - Imam Jafer as Sadiq a.s

But one thing i want to know.........didnt Imam Jafer as Sadiq teach these above scholars? correct me if i am wrong

Imam Jafar al-Sadiq (a.s.) taught Malik ibn Anas and Abu Hanifa. He taught thousands upon thousands of people, and many of his students were very learned and very intelligent. Abu Hanifa was very arrogant and denied many things that the Imam told him, and this is what I can gather from the Hadiths I have read.

Also, they all regarded Imam Jafar (a.s.) as the most learned man on the face of the earth regarding Islam. The Sunnis try to defend their Imams by suggesting that Imam Jafar (a.s.) was a Sunni (astaghfurallah) and that he praised the Caliphs and whatnot (astaghfurallah).

You should be careful of these lies.

- Mansab

Salam Alaikum

Yes, Imam Abu Hanifa studied under the instruction on Imam Ja'far Alsadiq (a.s) for

two years and said 'I have not seen one more knowledgeable than Ja'afar ibn Mohammed and

indeed he is the most knowledgeable one in the nation'.

I do not know about the rest.

Wassalam

Imam Jafar (as) directly taught Imam Abu Hanifa and Imam Malik.

Imam Musa Kazim (as) directly taught Imam Hambal and Imam Shafae, also Imam Hambal was student of Imam Shafae.

Imam Hambal was also student of Imam Malik who was student of Imam Jafar (as).

None, of the four Imams started new schools it was only after many years that schools in their name began to emerge and during reign of Harun Rashid four Sunni schools were made legal out of some twenty schools present in those days ( I've read it so), because it was need of time as it was too difficult to decide between matters ( jurisprudence) as none would agree saying his school says so.

Edited by Mazher's

ah ok....much clearer now ^ thanks bro....and its Imam Hanbal not Hambal.....i know even i get it wrong sometimes...dnt worry

Both terms are used I think so, its Hambal and not Hanbal here in this quote:

Imam Hambal

(164 A.H./780A.D. -- 241 A.H. / 855 A.D)

Jamil Ahmad

The grand Durbar of the greatest of the Abbaside Caliph, Mamunar Rashid, at Tarsus, was packed to its capacity. A frail bodied person, with a resolute look and a calm countenance, was carried forward by the guards through a long row of distinguished courtiers, officials and religious scholars. The person was Ahmad ibn Hambal ...........

At other site there's Hanbal although.

Edited by Mazher's

Just posting a link does not count as engaging in a dialogue, or even a "book report". It is good to back up YOUR OWN comments with a source, however, just posting a link by itself without making a point or posting a comment is about as memorable as a chalk mark in a rainstorm.

P.S.- The arguments made on the article are interesting...., too bad they are 100% someone elses.

Edited by Ali Zaki

Thanks bro ^......so this means that Imam a.s did not teach the other 3 scholars?

All 4 Sunni 'imams' studied under Ahlul'bayt, as the brothers have pointed out.

Unfortunately, their level of knowledge differed, and they differed in opinion with the Ahlul'bayt, may they be forgiven.

- Mansab