Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
mansab.jafri

Prophet Muhammad's Memory According To Bukhari

Rate this topic

HADITH:

http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamentals/h...tml#006.061.556

Volume 6, Book 61, Number 556:

Narrated Aisha:

The Prophet heard a man reciting the Qur'an in the mosque and said, "May Allah bestow His Mercy on him, as he has reminded me of such-and-such Verses of such a Surah."

HADITH:

http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamentals/h...tml#006.061.558

Volume 6, Book 61, Number 558:

Narrated Aisha:

Allah's Apostle heard a man reciting the Qur'an at night, and said, "May Allah bestow His Mercy on him, as he has reminded me of such-and-such Verses of such-and-such Suras, which I was caused to forget."

HADITH:

http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamentals/h...tml#006.061.562

Volume 6, Book 61, Number 562:

Narrated 'Aisha:

The Prophet heard a reciter reciting, the Qur'an in the mosque at night. The Prophet said, "May Allah bestow His Mercy on him, as he has remind ed me of such-and-such Verses of such and-such Suras, which I missed!"

Explain how our Rasoolullah would forget verses of the Qur'an, please.

"We will make you recite so you shall not forget" (87:6)

Also, we have young children of only a few years of age who have memorized the whole of the Qur'an. Are they better transmitters of the Qur'an, and are they more reliable in the remembrance of the Ayahs than Rasoolullah (astaghfurallah)??

- Mansab

Edited by mansab.jafri

I had posted something related some time ago, so I'm just going to repost it.

------------------------------------------------------

There are just too many fabricated ahadith by Abu Hurayrah to list extensively. So the question arises, why is this person considered such an authentic narrator by Sunnis?

Well, the answer is that he ostensibly has the seal of approval from our Prophet (pbuh&hp). This hadith is often narrated to support his reliability:

Sahih Bukhari - Volume 1, Book 3, Number 119:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

I said to Allah's Apostle "I hear many narrations (Hadiths) from you but I forget them." Allah's Apostle said, "Spread your Rida' (garment)." I did accordingly and then he moved his hands as if filling them with something (and emptied them in my Rida') and then said, "Take and wrap this sheet over your body." I did it and after that I never forgot any thing.

http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamentals/h...ri/003.sbt.html

So it appears that our Prophet removed the ability to forget from Abu Hurayrah. Okay, sure, let's go with this. Indeed our Prophet does have the ability to eliminate forgetfulness from a person's mind. But then we come across the following hadith in Sahih Bukhari as well:

Sahih Bukhari - Volume 1, Book 8, Number 394:

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet prayed (and the subnarrator Ibrahim said, "I do not know whether he prayed more or less than usual"), and when he had finished the prayers he was asked, "O Allah's Apostle! Has there been any change in the prayers?" He said, "What is it?' The people said, "You have prayed so much and so much." So the Prophet bent his legs, faced the Qibla and performed two prostrations (of Sahu) and finished his prayers with Tasiim (by turning his face to right and left saying: 'As-Salamu'Alaikum-Warahmat-ullah'). When he turned his face to us he said, "If there had been anything changed in the prayer, surely I would have informed you but I am a human being like you and liable to forget like you. So if I forget remind me and if anyone of you is doubtful about his prayer, he should follow what he thinks to be correct and complete his prayer accordingly and finish it and do two prostrations (of Sahu)."

http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamentals/h...ri/008.sbt.html

And this hadith tells us that our Prophet himself is liable to forget. And not only liable to it, he actually does so as well! He forgot the number of rak'ahs in his obligatory prayers!

So the same Prophet who perfects the memory of Abu Hurayrah, so that the latter "never forgot anything", himself forgets important things! Where is the sense in that???

Obviously, one of these two ahadith must be fabricated (in fact, both are).

----------------------------------------------------------------------

He forgot After reciting the Qur'an to the people. He was protected from forgetting until he recited it and fulfilled his role as Allah's Messenger, but afterwards he could remember or forget like any other human being.

LOL!!!

so how can we be sure that the people would not forget?????????

then or after

LOL!!!!!!

He forgot After reciting the Qur'an to the people. He was protected from forgetting until he recited it and fulfilled his role as Allah's Messenger, but afterwards he could remember or forget like any other human being.

ROFLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOLL sorry that was just too funny. LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

brother Sunni

please bear in mind that a prophet Mohamad cannot be followed by us if he forgets or falls into sin or makes mistakes

since quran is without mistake and it needs someone to reveal islam completely without errors

and quran also says anything prophet says is a revelation from Allah

if even a prophet..the best selected among mankind to reveal the word of god without error makes such mistakes how can he be your prophet?

you are trying to create theories from nothing to justify these sayings..

when they are contradictory to goran and our obligation in the goran by Allah to follow the sonna of a error-free man

question for sunni: if Prophet (pbuh) was prone to forgetfulness and error with the exception of revelation of Qur'an, astaghfirullah, what is the benefit in following his SUNNAH? seems his sunnah, according to you guys, is no less prone to error than anyone else, naudobillah, so why bother following it?

salaamunUlaykum wr wb 2 all....brother your post seems very offensive to our final Prophet. plz i would encourage one with the above mind-set to read more of Quran. check these verses and inshaUllah we will all find truth and peace. 15:39,40 and 53:1-5

question for sunni: if Prophet (pbuh) was prone to forgetfulness and error with the exception of revelation of Qur'an, astaghfirullah, what is the benefit in following his SUNNAH? seems his sunnah, according to you guys, is no less prone to error than anyone else, naudobillah, so why bother following it?
lol so know prophet (pbuh) is wrong and mr bukhary is right !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Glory be to Allah , this is a big slander

Úáãå ÔÏíÏ ÇáÞæì

where do they get their religion from??????????

i think now one can to some extent understand the quranists view.

bro are you a quranist????????

The worst attack on any person's ideology is to attack his mind, more worse than a physical war. Attacks such as calling the Prophet magician by Kuffars such as Abu Sufyan or being sick in mind by Umar or having bad memory, by Abu Hurraira have something in common. To destroy the ideology he brought i.e. Islam.

where do they get their religion from??????????

i think now one can to some extent understand the quranists view.

bro are you a quranist????????

what do u mean bro ??? A quruaanist????

What to the world do the Sunni hadiths want to prove?

The Quran says that Prophet Isa (as) was able to read bible as an infant. Did anyone remind him anything, did he forget anything? Whereas our Prophet (bpuh) forgets verses of Quran as an adult.

Strange...

This is such an insult to Rasulullah (pbuh), someone ought to collect all copies of Bukhari and burn all of these filthy 7adiths.

i always thought these hadiths might have been ignored by the SUNNIS and considered weak, now i see there is a sunni who considers this hadith authentic lol.....JUST GREATTTTT!!

And this hadith tells us that our Prophet himself is liable to forget. And not only liable to it, he actually does so as well! He forgot the number of rak'ahs in his obligatory prayers!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Some past shi'a scholars had similar stance on infallibility. They believed that Prophet or Imam can commit unintentional mistakes like distractedness during prayers.

Shaykh Saduq(ar) believed that Imams and Prophets were immune from both error and sin. However, the Imams were not immune from sahw (inadvertence: to make an oversight, an unintentional mistake, or a careless omission). He argued they did such mistakes to remind people that they were only human.

Looking at infallibility from another perspective like assuming that the Prophet or Imam commits unintentional mistakes in ordinary and regular matters of life such as showing distractedness during prayers; the judgment of reason does not say that it is impossible to err, to forget or to be distracted in this respect. As a matter of fact, we see that some Shiite jurists such as Al-Sheikh Al-Sadouk, his father or his master (May Allah be pleased with them) say that the first sign of exaggeration is to deny the Imams occasional distractedness or inattentiveness.

http://www.bayynat.org.lb

(wasalam)

Edited by Jondab_Azdi

(salam)

Yaa Ali Madad haq hai

Thtas a beautiful question !!

waiting for reply from sunnis/wahabis/salafis

Allah Hafiz

Yaa Ali madad haq hai

Firoz Ali

Some past shi'a scholars had similar stance on infallibility. They believed that Prophet or Imam can commit unintentional mistakes like distractedness during prayers.

Shaykh Saduq(ar) believed that Imams and Prophets were immune from both error and sin. However, the Imams were not immune from sahw (inadvertence: to make an oversight, an unintentional mistake, or a careless omission). He argued they did such mistakes to remind people that they were only human.

My point was that it makes no sense for the Prophet to give someone else the ability to remember perfectly, while he himself used to forget.

This is such an insult to Rasulullah (pbuh), someone ought to collect all copies of Bukhari and burn all of these filthy 7adiths.

Noooooo. :!!!:

They should be preserved forever and ever. And every single edition should be preserved.

It is the Sunnis and Wahhabis who are replacing old (complete) editions with new ones that omit the most embarrassingly made-up hadiths.

(salam)

Yaa Ali Madad haq hai

Thtas a beautiful question !!

waiting for reply from sunnis/wahabis/salafis

Allah Hafiz

Yaa Ali madad haq hai

Firoz Ali

This is not a Shi'a-Sunni issue. There are/were scholars on both sides who believed that Prophet can commit unintentional mistakes with some exceptions such as delivering the revelation of Qur'an.

(wasalam)

Edited by Jondab_Azdi

(salam)

Yaa Ali Madad haq hai

This is not a Shi'a-Sunni issue. There are/were scholars on both sides who believed that Prophet can commit unintentional mistake with some exceptions such as revelation of Qur'an .

(wasalam)

I have never come across shia Marja or maulana /Alim having this view -In fact all Shia Alims i have met , heard have argued in greath length abt Holy Prophet SAWW infalibity and have always MAINTAINED that Holy prophet SAWW was infalible --

wat r the views abt Marjas of today -Ayatullah Sistani/Kahmenei /Al hakim?

nevertheless Sister Aliya's question is excelent !!

(salam)

Yaa Ali Madad haq hai

I have never come across shia Marja or maulana /Alim having this view -In fact all Shia Alims i have met , heard have argued in greath length abt Holy Prophet SAWW infalibity and have always MAINTAINED that Holy prophet SAWW was infalible --

wat r the views abt Marjas of today -Ayatullah Sistani/Kahmenei /Al hakim?

No one is questioning the 'infallibility' of Prophet(saw). The issue here is : Can Prophet or Imam commit unintentional mistake or not?

Shaykh Saduq(ar) believed that Prophet or Imam can commit unintentional mistake. Sayed al-Khu'i(ar) had similar opinion.

See post no. 19

(wasalam)

salaam Alaiqum,

Yaa Ali madad haq hai

I wish to have proof of wat u state -- both Sayed khui and sh .Saduk, so that i can approach Alims here and ask for an explaination-

Plz let me know the name of the books and if possible page number (scan will be excellent)

still I m stating ..Sister Aliya's post has to be read properly and shud not be overlooked

Intenionaly or otherwise --does not mater the question still stays and seeks a proper reply

Thanx

Allah hafiz

Yaa Ali Madad haq hai

Firoz Ali

Edited by Firoz Ali

^The proof is the reply of Sayed Fadhlallah on his website. Sayed Fadhlallah doesn't hold this opinion but he has stated views of Shaykh Saduq(ar) and Sayed Khu'i(ar) in his answer.

See the extract i have quoted in post no. 19 or for complete answer see: http://english.bayynat.org.lb/Jurisprudence/Issues.htm

(wasalam)

[53:2] Your companion does not err, nor does he go astray;

[53:3] Nor does he speak out of desire.

[53:4] It is naught but revelation that is revealed,

[53:5] The Lord of Mighty Power has taught him,

[33:21] Certainly you have in the Messenger of Allah an excellent exemplar for him who hopes in Allah and the latter day and remembers Allah much.

Salaam Alaiqum,

Yaa Ali madad haq hai

Thanx brother Ali Imran

Islam is perfect religion -ERROR free - religion, then the holy prophet SAWW who delievered the religion has to be ERROR free -- --

Allah hafiz

Yaa Ali madad haq hai

Firoz Ali

No one is questioning the 'infallibility' of Prophet(saw). The issue here is : Can Prophet or Imam commit unintentional mistake or not?

Shaykh Saduq(ar) believed that Prophet or Imam can commit unintentional mistake. Sayed al-Khu'i(ar) had similar opinion.

See post no. 19

(wasalam)

An unintentional mistake usually refers to one being ignorant or acting without knowledge.

Can you provide proofs where the Imams or Prophets showed signs of ignorance?

Though this might not be your view in general but establishing weak views of others is not exactly the best way of promoting Facts without clear understanding first.

Truth is if the PROPHET was prone to commiting errors or "Unintentional Mistakes" then how can we trust the Sahih Hadith?? In fact how can we even consider ayahs of the Quran intact which were delivered by a man who just might have unintentionally forgetten a few sentences??

An unintentional mistake usually refers to one being ignorant or acting without knowledge.

Can you provide proofs where the Imams or Prophets showed signs of ignorance?

Such narrations do exists which suggests that Prophet or Imam committed unintentional mistake. I am not trying to prove anything. I respect both opinions. I just wanted to clear that the issue of Prophet's unintentional mistakes has nothing to do with Shi'a-Sunni division b/c there are difference of opinion among scholars on both sides.

Truth is if the PROPHET was prone to commiting errors or "Unintentional Mistakes" then how can we trust the Sahih Hadith?? In fact how can we even consider ayahs of the Quran intact which were delivered by a man who just might have unintentionally forgetten a few sentences??

Bro, you ignored my other posts where i have mentioned an exception. There is consensus among shi'a and sunni scholars that Prophet can never make intentional or unintentional mistake when delivering the revelation or message of Allah(swt).

(wasalam)

Edited by Jondab_Azdi

Such narrations do exists which suggests that Prophet or Imam committed unintentional mistake. I am not trying to prove anything. I respect both opinions. I just wanted to clear that the issue of Prophet's unintentional mistakes has nothing to do with Shi'a-Sunni division b/c there are difference of opinion among scholars on both sides.

Bro, you ignored my other posts where i have mentioned an exception. There is consensus among shi'a and sunni scholars that Prophet can never make intentional or unintentional mistake when delivering the revelation or message of Allah(swt).

(wasalam)

salaamunulaykum brother, which hadiths are u referring to? becuz if infallibles made unintentional mistakes it may lead to unintentional sunnat. is that what u believe?

(wasalam)

Well brother im not familiar with the nature of this difference amongst Shia Aalim. All the Majalis I have been to, seminars ive attended, guest speakers ive had the honour of listening to, online audio speeches as well as written material, ive never heard a Shia Aalim accepting the view that Prophet Muhammad (S) may have committed Unintentional Mistakes. Infact the term "Unintentional" questions the Niyyah of the Prophet. If a Prophet of God fails to perfect His Niyyah whether it leads to Great sin or small error, then how can one trust any of his intentions which again questions the Sunnah???

Also a rough guess, according to you, by what fraction do Shia Aalim pertain to this exception? I again appreciate you accepting both opinions for the greater good, but Shia Aqeedah is fixed by Majority, if not by 99% and hence when statements as such are presented in open forum, I believe its equally important to stress on the matter of TRUTH even if it threatens division!

Edited by wazz