Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
GhadeerZ

Why Is Kaaba So Sacred ?

Rate this topic

Kaaba is sacred since the time of Prophet Abraham(AS). But what was the reason it is so sacred ?

I know it is the qibla of Muslims etc, nobody explains the reason why it was made a qibla ?

Some shias say because Imam Ali(AS) was born inside Kaaba it is sacred but that doesnt suffice too since Imam Ali(AS) was not greater than Holy Prophet(SAWA).

The Ka'bah is a symbol of the cosmological system of Islam. Ka'bah means cube.

It is the symbol of the 'arsh (throne) or empyrean of Allah swt.

It is an 'arsh shape with a raised roof structure. It's four corners mirror the four corners of the Arsh.

Imam Sadiq (as) said:

The Ka'bah is called "Ka'bah" because it is square-based. It is square-based because it is in correspondence to the Oft-frequented House (Bayt Ma'mur) [Qur'an 5:24, angels do pilgrimage to it like we do pilgrimage to ka'bah] which is square-based. The Oft-frequented House is square-based because the 'Arsh (empyrean) is square-based. The Empyrean is square based because the phrases upon which Islam is based are four: 'Subhanallah! Alhumdulillah! La ilaha il Allahu! and Allahubakr!

There is thus a correspondence between the 'Arsh, the regions of Heaven like Bayt Ma'mur and the Ka'bah. Each vertical corner of the Ka'bah corresponds to one of the pillars of the Empyrean, and to one of the four phrases, each of which is dhikr of Allah.

Correspondences in Islamic Cosmology

Mashiah Empyrean Ka'bah Dhikr

wish white light - consciousness corner with Black Stone Subhanallah

desire yellow light- spirit 2nd corner (going ccw) Alhumdulillah

determination green light - soul 3rd corner La ilaha illa Allahu

decision red light - nature 4th corner Allahu akbar

Mashiah is the beginning of action. Allah's Mashiah is what brings things to being (Allah swt says Be! and it is - Kun faya kun.), and the process of the becoming is descended through the Empyrean/'Arsh to this World.

Tradition indicates the black stone is a meteorite and was originally white mirroring the white light of consciousness.

Therefore, one of the main reasons we face Ka'bah in the daily prayers is that the Ka'bah is the symbol of the 'Arsh and Empyrean of Allah, and the Empyrean is the place from where the activity of Allah's created walayah and rububiyyah is projected. Facing toward Ka'bah symbolizes the orientation of the human being toward Allah the Merciful through the gateway of that Empyrean through which He projects His guardianship.

Reference: Islamic Dynamic: The Cosmology, Spirituality and Practice of Walayah by Idris Samawi Hamid

The Ka'bah is a symbol of the cosmological system of Islam. Ka'bah means cube.

It is the symbol of the 'arsh (throne) or empyrean of Allah swt.

It is an 'arsh shape with a raised roof structure. It's four corners mirror the four corners of the Arsh.

Imam Sadiq (as) said:

The Ka'bah is called "Ka'bah" because it is square-based. It is square-based because it is in correspondence to the Oft-frequented House (Bayt Ma'mur) [Qur'an 5:24, angels do pilgrimage to it like we do pilgrimage to ka'bah] which is square-based. The Oft-frequented House is square-based because the 'Arsh (empyrean) is square-based. The Empyrean is square based because the phrases upon which Islam is based are four: 'Subhanallah! Alhumdulillah! La ilaha il Allahu! and Allahubakr!

There is thus a correspondence between the 'Arsh, the regions of Heaven like Bayt Ma'mur and the Ka'bah. Each vertical corner of the Ka'bah corresponds to one of the pillars of the Empyrean, and to one of the four phrases, each of which is dhikr of Allah.

Correspondences in Islamic Cosmology

Mashiah Empyrean Ka'bah Dhikr

wish white light - consciousness corner with Black Stone Subhanallah

desire yellow light- spirit 2nd corner (going ccw) Alhumdulillah

determination green light - soul 3rd corner La ilaha illa Allahu

decision red light - nature 4th corner Allahu akbar

Mashiah is the beginning of action. Allah's Mashiah is what brings things to being (Allah swt says Be! and it is - Kun faya kun.), and the process of the becoming is descended through the Empyrean/'Arsh to this World.

Tradition indicates the black stone is a meteorite and was originally white mirroring the white light of consciousness.

Therefore, one of the main reasons we face Ka'bah in the daily prayers is that the Ka'bah is the symbol of the 'Arsh and Empyrean of Allah, and the Empyrean is the place from where the activity of Allah's created walayah and rububiyyah is projected. Facing toward Ka'bah symbolizes the orientation of the human being toward Allah the Merciful through the gateway of that Empyrean through which He projects His guardianship.

Reference: Islamic Dynamic: The Cosmology, Spirituality and Practice of Walayah by Idris Samawi Hamid

Thanks brother, but that was quite philosophical for me..Sorry for my ignorance..but i want a simple response that i can tell people of other religion...Like why Medina is sacred coz it has the mausoleum of Holy Prophet and the first mosque formed by him...

Anyway thanks one more time..

Let's bare in mind that what is important is the spot where the Kaaba is, not the biulding on top of it

The various structures on the Kaaba have been destroyed time and again including during Abraham (pbuh) time.

In fact Muwiyah/Yazeed destroyed it a few times as well.

The structure that we say, once destroyed will signal the coming of Armaggeddon, is the one biult there after Imam Hussein's time.

salaam,

does anyone know what is inside the kaaba?

some young kids asked me, and i assured them that i would find out for them... I was surprised I had never once thought about it, i related to them the story about how the Prophet (s.aw) mounted Imam Ali (a.s) on his shoulder to destroy the idols inside but i couldn't remember ever being told whats inside the kaaba.. does anyone know?

Edited by shia12

Kaaba gained its purpose when Ibrahim (as) built it as the landmark of Allah (swt)

Kaaba gained its identity when Fatima binte Asad (pbuh) entered it

Kaaba gained its sanctity when an infant Imam Ali (as) exited it and landed directly into the prophet's arms

It was built by Hazrat Adam (a.s.) at first.

- Mansab

salaam,

does anyone know what is inside the kaaba?

some young kids asked me, and i assured them that i would find out for them... I was surprised I had never once thought about it, i related to them the story about how the Prophet (s.aw) mounted Imam Ali (a.s) on his shoulder to destroy the idols inside but i couldn't remember ever being told whats inside the kaaba.. does anyone know?

There is nothing inside, it is empty pretty much. I think there might be a support pillar.

Guest yaaliali

i am just wondering someone here on SC said that why is the kabba black when black is for sacredness wich is okay but why not white wich stands for purity?

Does anyone know what is inside the kaaba?

(salam)

After the destruction of the idols, nothing was kept inside the Kaaba. Here is a rare look inside during one of the bi-annual cleanings in which privileged individuals are allowed to enter.

k2.thumbnail.jpg

(wasalam)

(salam)

After the destruction of the idols, nothing was kept inside the Kaaba. Here is a rare look inside during one of the bi-annual cleanings in which privileged individuals are allowed to enter.

k2.thumbnail.jpg

(wasalam)

there are still idols in it. look closely at the two whabies

There is nothing inside, it is empty pretty much. I think there might be a support pillar.

Thank you :)

(salam)

k2.thumbnail.jpg

(wasalam)

Thanks, I think i'll show this to the kids :)

there are still idols in it. look closely at the two whabies

LOL :!!!:

Ka'ba was initially the place of worship for prophet Adam (as).

Prophet Abraham (as) and Prophet Ishmael (as) only raised the foundations of Ka'ba.

Ka'ba was not Qibla until the event of Qiblataen, which happened in Madina after Hijra, previous Qibla is in Jerusalem.

Imam Ali (as) was born in Ka'ba and not in Qibla because when he was born it was not Qibla.

There were some 360 idols in Ka'ba, famous among them were Lat, Manat, Uzza, Habal, Yaguth etc, which were destroyed after the victory of Makka.

Kaaba is sacred since the time of Prophet Abraham(AS). But what was the reason it is so sacred ?

I know it is the qibla of Muslims etc, nobody explains the reason why it was made a qibla ?

Some shias say because Imam Ali(AS) was born inside Kaaba it is sacred but that doesnt suffice too since Imam Ali(AS) was not greater than Holy Prophet(SAWA).

Why Was Imam Ali[as]'s Zahoor inside BaytAllah? Maybe that is where your question leads you to.

I don't quite follow how you're comparing greatness though. We believe in Imam Ali[as] because the Prophet[saw] taught us to.

Edited by waterfellled