Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
ShahLatif

Indian Generals Want To Cross Border And Live In Pak

Rate this topic

Ok I made this up, but to make a point. Indian authorities have refused to grant VIP treatment to their service chiefs at the airports. There are other leaders, primarily civilians, who are exempt from frisking etc., so it's not a blanket policy. I guess the generals need to be reminded every step of the way that they work under a civilian leadership.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Vadra_i...how/2560352.cms

Robert Vadra may figure on the list of VIPs exempt from security checks at airports but the army, navy and IAF chiefs are simply not considered important enough to be granted this privilege.

Defence minister A K Antony admitted in Rajya Sabha on Wednesday that his ministry had taken up the case for the three services chiefs to be exempted from security procedures at civil airports, in line with the treatment given to ministers and senior bureaucrats, with the civil aviation ministry.

"(But) ministry of civil aviation and Bureau of Civil Aviation Security have stated that according exemption to service chiefs will lead to similar demands from some other authorities," added Antony.

Edited by ShahLatif

From my POV, this can't get any more pathetic.

The men who are entrusted with guarding the nation are to be checked but the son-in-law of Antonio Maino who doesn't hold any government position is exempt from checking.

Congress sycophancy has reached new levels....or rather new depths.

In Pakistan the Army runs the country and has been for a long time and the richest people with the best pension schemes e.t.c are soldiers and generals who are in the army. To get an in depth analysis there is a book written by a Pakistani female author (can't remmeber the name) called MILITARY INCORPORATED and it talks in depth about how pakistan's military is like a business and controls land, tourism, travel and many other things.

Wait another decade, and Indain army would be getting immense monetary and peripheral privileges. It's one things which comes as a fringe benefit of cozying up to USA, mainly corruption so army keeps doing their bidding.

Pakistan, Turkey, Saudis, other GCC minions have been there and done that, with USA-India alliance against Chian-Iran, you will see the repeat soon.

I don't know internal Indian politics but Congress Party may be preemptively trying to prevent this.

Edited by Waiting for HIM