Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Abu Nur

Iraqi Football

please someone close this thread down, everytime i look at it i get so depressed

how did iraq lose

oh i know cuz half the ppl on the qatar team werent even from tht country

stupid people got payed mad money

and younis was prob threatend so he didnt play...

uhm yah this sucks bumm cheaks =(

Salaam Aleikum,

Nope, it is better if we keep this up. Also do not forgive FIFA Confederations Cup 2009.

Haitham Kadhim - terrible defense :squeez:!

So, what in the blue hell was he thinking?!? Just standing there waiting for the Qatari player to strike the ball. If it was Bassim or Rehema that wouldn't have happened.

Lets all thank Adnan Hamid for his brilliant moves .

^..Yes, and all we needed was a tie to advance. If this defender actually defended the ball, Iraq would most likely advance to the WC, and we would all be happy. But instead he was picking his nose, allowing the Spanish-Qatari players to set goal.

Edited by Kaka Sahib

Haitham Kadhim - terrible defense :squeez:!

So, what in the blue hell was he thinking?!? Just standing there waiting for the Qatari player to strike the ball. If it was Bassim or Rehema that wouldn't have happened.

Lets all thank Adnan Hamid for his brilliant moves .

Yeah i knowww!! Haitham gave the qatari guy a chance to straighten the ball and get it ready for a pass! Wth was he thinking! Just seeing that vid makes me so sad!

^i actually taped the game because i thought we were gonna win.. i hope thats true abt the brazilian player:(

ya rab 5al ni93ad lil WC 7atta lo ma nistahla!

FIFA reject calls to kick out Qatar

From correspondents in Bangkok, Thailand

June 25, 2008

FOOTBALL'S world governing body, FIFA, has shot down Iraq's appeal for Qatar to be expelled from 2010 World Cup qualifying for fielding an ineligible player.

Iraq, who were dumped out of the competition last weekend after a late goal by Qatar Sayd Ali Bechir, claimed the participation of Brazilian-born Emerson in Qatar's qualifying campaign was illegal.

However FIFA, who have since banned Emerson, said Iraq's complaint was filed too late and ruled that Qatar could keep their place in the final round, the Asian Football Confederation said.

Iraq said Emerson, also known as Marcio Passos De Albuquerque, had represented Brazil at youth level and was therefore ineligible.

The former Sao Paulo striker was also reported to have been detained by Brazilian police back in 2006 for falsifying his age on his birth certificate.

Gas-rich Qatar has a population of less than 800,000 people but has used its vast wealth to lure South American coaches and players to its lucrative league, several of whom have represented the national team.

In comments posted on the Asian Football Confederation's website (www.the-afc.com) FIFA gave few details, saying only: "The player is not eligible to play for Qatar and cannot play any further matches for the representative team of Qatar."

Asian champions Iraq, dogged by problems on and off the field, had looked set to qualify after clawing themselves off the bottom of Group One and taking themselves to within a point of the final round.

They finished third behind Australia and Qatar and will play no further part in the competition.

Meanwhile, Iraq national team coach Adnan Hamad has parted company with the Asian champions just days after the side were eliminated from 2010 World Cup qualifying.

Hamad, 47, opted not to sign a new contract after Iraq's 1-0 defeat by Qatar, saying that political squabbles and poor organisation made it impossible for him to do his job.

:( Oh well...6 more years to go

Edited by _zahra

FINALYYY!!!!!

Hamad quits Iraq post after World Cup exit

BANGKOK, June 25 (Reuters) - Iraq national team coach Adnan Hamad has parted company with the Asian champions just days after the side were eliminated from 2010 World Cup qualifying.

Hamad, 47, opted not to sign a new contract after Iraq's 1-0 defeat by Qatar at the weekend, saying on Wednesday that political squabbles and poor organisation made it impossible for him to do his job.

"There are many problems... it started with a ban from FIFA and we will continue to have these problems in the future," Hamad told Reuters by telephone from his home in Jordan.

"It's always a difficult situation in Iraq, we have many, many troubles. I decided I did not want to continue."

Iraq were bottom of their group when Hamad took over in February from Norwegian Egil Olsen, who was sacked after only three games for refusing to coach the team in violence-torn Iraq, where only a few of the players are based.

Despite having steered Iraq to their surprise Asian Cup triumph, Olsen's predecessor Jorvan Vieira quit the job, saying it was too stressful to continue.

Hamad's troubles were compounded when FIFA temporarily banned Iraq from international soccer after the government sacked the country's soccer federation midway through their qualifying campaign, reportedly for sectarian reasons. (Reporting by Martin Petty; Editing by John O'Brien)

Best decision he's probably ever made!

However FIFA, who have since banned Emerson, said Iraq's complaint was filed too late and ruled that Qatar could keep their place in the final round, the Asian Football Confederation said.

They were probably paid to say that...

Edited by ~Muslima~

Am i hearing this???? :o

What happened to our IRAQI PRIDE...this is why we don't win, because we give up quickly...and on the contrary, the iraqi's played nice...just not to their best efforts...

hehe

Its been a long time since anyone has posted in here, what happened to the Iraqi pride?!?! cheer up everyone, just because we didn't win it doesn't mean we cant demonstrate our love and support for the Iraqi team...

YAY i finally completed my article about the Asian cup Champions.. :wub: here it is! (err i know u dont care but because its about the iraqi team i found it appropriate to post it here, so tell me what u think)

The lions of the two rivers

The lions of the two rivers are the Champions of the AFC Asian cup, none other than Iraq. Not only did they earn the title of champions, but they also earned the title of heroes. They are heroes to those back in Iraq, their victory left bliss in the hearts of the Iraqis.

The final match that would suggest who the Champions were was played against Saudi Arabia. It was a firm game and the winning goal was scored by Younis Mahmud, team captain. This had been Iraq's first time being named Asia Cup Champions. Iraq had defeated three time champions - Saudi Arabia. This victory exhilarated the Iraqis all over the world, causing them to swarm out of their houses and celebrate in the streets.

Many were supporting the Iraqi team and were blithesome that they had won. With all the troubles and hardships that those back in Iraq suffer, the least the team could do was to give them a glimpse of joy. Also, many believed that they deserved victory; one of whom was the Saudi coach.

‘Iraq deserved to win today,’ Saudi coach Helio Cesar dos Anjos said. ‘They were very motivated and we knew the whole world was supporting this team.’

Although Iraq's victory had caused happiness in Iraq, that happiness wasn’t enjoyed for long. At least 50 people were badly injured because of terrorist attacks. The Iraqi team wore black armbands on their arms to show their respect and to commemorate those who were killed in the bombings.

"All the players have faced some difficult times but we know we can bring happiness to the Iraqi people," said team captain Younis Mahmoud."We share a great responsibility to bring happiness to the Iraq people through football so we always just concentrate on the match."

"We love football and we love our country and we are ready to defend it."

Although the team is made up of Shia, Sunni, and Kurds they have developed a special bond. This demonstrates that Iraqis can get along with each other; however they need to forget their differences and work together to form a strong community.

"We all know the problems in Iraq but I have learned they are a fantastic people." said Brazilian coach Jorvan Vieira "We did not have much time so we had to work quickly. We sometimes fought, we sometimes argued but we got the work done. It was very difficult but I am very proud of these boys."

Coach Jorvan Vieira said it all, we are very proud of these boys.

okk maybe the last bit is not true, at least not now.. well, speaking on my behalf i am no longer proud of them! they put us down!!! :cry:

Iraq are sore losers. I remember when Kuwait was playing them in 1979 qualifications for Olympics in the USSR. Kuwait were down two goals and the Iraqis were already parading their march to Moscow at halftime. Even a draw wouldve gotten them through but in the second half Kuwait scored three goals. And what ended up happening? The sore losers in the stadium couldnt admit they lost to Kuwait so they started a fight... as usual...

It happened again in Iran four years later, Kuwait 3-2 Iraq but this time the Iranian police didnt take any [Edited Out] from the Iraqis and beated them up.

----

In that game against Qatar, some Iraqis wanted to start fights as well...

Edited by Mo.

^we are the lions of the 2 rivers...what do you expect?? :P

Anyways...2 days ago..July 29th, was the one year anniversary of our Asian Cup win ^_^

^ We LOST :dry: :dry: 3-1 ..we got 1 penalty

The first Bahraini goal looked like an offside, sadly it wasn't since Hawar balanced it out..

Okay...Haitham and Noor's red card were SO uncalled for. I feel so bad for Noor...:(

Plus, LOL Hawar slapped the Bahraini player! :lol: This is the fight: http://www.d1g.com/video/show/?id=2534188

What a way to begin the Gulf Cup eh :rolleyes:

Sign in to follow this