Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
asadh123

Britz!

Rate this topic

Salaam

It was blatently designed to scare kaafir in the Uk and make them play and accept a more active role on the war against Islam and accept the legislations which would normally be seen as a breach of freedom. It is also designed to aleinate and scare the muslims aswell and make the parents be catious towards letting their kids get too religious.

The programme itself and it content oppossed to the purpose was very poorly executed and the charachters were not even good muslims. You have men and women in a training camp doing Wudhu and praying namaaz together in one jamaah and the women suicide bomber is a Zani who commited Zina with a university boyfreind so why would she even want to give her life for Islam when she can't even control her desires.

i think it was an amazing wake up call. coming from the khoja community we have alot of backward thinking in terms of marriage and etc. I think we may say that the show was not very complementary to us, but unfortunately this is the fact that we do have muslims around the uk/ london wherever that get enroled by these organisations be it hisbuh tahrir or the umm asama one in this programme and decide its his/her duty to blow up civilians. I was recently at alecture with a lecturer in stanmore when he mentioned a recent conv he had with ayatollah sistani when asking him his viewpoint on suicide bombing he siad " how can we justify killing there women and children just because they kill ours" which summs things up beautfiully

i think its our responsibility to exclude all these so called "true muslims" from our communities treat them as complete outsiders as this is not how we want islam or shi'ism to be potrayed a religion of hatred death and destruction. Us as muslims have to correct our problems, which start in our own back gardens before we start to critise the west. If we do so we will be so much stronger. For this reason i think the programme although a bit on the extreme side sent a very good message to all of us to weed out the extreme of our community and stop the backward thinking

i think it was an amazing wake up call. coming from the khoja community we have alot of backward thinking in terms of marriage and etc. I think we may say that the show was not very complementary to us, but unfortunately this is the fact that we do have muslims around the uk/ london wherever that get enroled by these organisations be it hisbuh tahrir or the umm asama one in this programme and decide its his/her duty to blow up civilians

Salaamz my brother,

To be honest I really don't believe it to be a Shia problem! I see the wahabbis promting hatred but (allegedly) apart from the wahabbis no one condones bombing especially suicide bombings. Even Hisbullah don't condone suicide bombings.

If i'm not mistaken suicide is haram wether or not you blow Jews, kaffir or whoever up with you. These people are blinded by hatred and would also look upon a Shia as the same as the people they wish to kill hence my opinion as not a Shia problem. Although I would regard it as a problem as a civil law abiding person in general.

Also in regards to ''we have alot of backward thinking in terms of marriage'' I am very sure we have many issues in our communities but as I am not sure exactly what you are reffering to could you please elaborte on what issues inside marriage and our communities you are talking about?

Fe Imanallah 110

hang on a minute please, can you provide any evidence that terrorists are plotting to bomb london again and even can you provide evidence to show they bombed London in the first place. You are all brainwashed into thinking and accepting what the kufaar feed us.

http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/london_exercise_video.html

The programme was clearly designed to aleinate muslims and make us look bad and also at the same time scaring the british public.

Suicide bombing or attacks are allowed on combatents and only combatents.

ur tellin me that suicide bombings allowed? i think you should ask ur marjaa's views upon this...in regard to the conspiracy theories the endless number of conspiracy theories, there is no conspiracy theory the truth and proof is all out there for you to see. Mohammed siddique khan did cause the 7/7 bombings he did blow the train up in edgware road as did the group with 9/11, the videos are there of him with his last words, they are captured on cctv for gods sake. Just like the suicide bombers all over the world the intention is there for killing innocent people why when it is the british that are killed and it is something to do with the west that there is always a conspiracy theory involved? people like urself are either seriously confused or seriously narrow minded...us as muslims have a problem and the previous person said us shias dont have a problem, we do too, the problem with muslims is a problem for us all shia sunni whatever we are. People are being radicalised they are feeling as if they have to take it upon themselves to fight the west taking ayats from the quran or various other sources being confused by various groups, and going on to produce attrocities like the 7/7 bombings.

in response to the question with backward thinking

take a situation involving a member of my family, him and his wife got married, wife couldnt have kids and they lived in a extended traditional khoja family which was highly pressurised with the mother in law and the husbands sisters who didnt even live there running the house and the daughters in laws had no say. The husband never spent too much time at home as was busy runninga business and promoting his career. The wife got attention via another man and started to talk to another man, the husbands sisters found out told the husband and even though the husband wanted to take her back after she pleaded to him, the husbands sisters and mother said no as it would disgrace the family and totally refused this.

so even though the husband who probably feels the worst out of this as the lady has cheated on him is willing to take the wife back but the stupid extended family who are so traditional and backward cannot, this is one side of the sort of backward thinking. other backward thinking with us is the not allowing of "love marriages" where boys will find there spouses through university or college or wherever. our brothers and sisters mix with one another be it at school, college and uni and these things are going to happen in the west. now the disagreement with the so called old generation is quite strong and some families would not allow it at all no matter how happy it makes the son or daughter and from my perspective i believe this is wrong but some other of you may think otherwise

they were portraying pakistan yet wasnt the location india or Bangladesh where it was filmed and is it not an exercise in demonising Islam and trying to link everyone with the taliban or al queada.

the location is irrelevant thats just a set, i dont think it was demonising islam at no point did it make reference to islam in general being a relgiion which promotes things i think the message sent out was there is a large degree of radicalism in the uk which we must try to remove from our ranks. It probably did scare a few non muslims and in that sense sent out a negative image of muslims but i think something needs to be done and i think it was very clever

it was an excersice in portraying islam in a bad light it even used the racist card showing a muslim girl who had a black christian boyfriend whom her family were totally against and sent her to Pakistan for an arranged marriage so who are you trying to convince it wasnt an attack on islamic values.

how is that portraying islam in a bad way, the movie wasnt based on islam. These things happen a lot, now the way to deal with it is not to pack her up and take her to pakistan which many families wud do but to solve it in other ways. How is that though an attack on islam maybe an attack on pakistani ideology and pakistani culture but in no way an attack on islam, ur tellin me if u had a cristian lady and she fell in love with a muslim that would be an attack on christianity or in any other religion. i think there is an overall sensitivity of our relgiion and probably right fully so due to the publicity we have recieved over the last year be it the hijab debate or anything but we need to lead by example really and show that us muslims are not like this and try to correct any problems that we have in our cultures and thats the point im tryin to make not that the show was right or wrong but just to remove the idiots from our communities that give our religion a bad name.

The movie/drama was based on how a certain section of British society (White, Middle Class, University Graduate) see young Muslims being radicalized. Whether that opinion is true or not is difficult for us to debate as this problem is a largely salafi/wahabi one and nothing to do with Shia's. But I don't think it was anti-Islamic or anything.

do u not think thats the wrong ideology to have though? if it effects wahabis theyre still muslims these white / british peopel dont care or cant distinguish between urself and wahabis externally thus to stop them descriminating and having a negative view upon us muslims in general we need to help ourselves and other communities to stop this from happening

bro there was no reference to islam at all though, there was obviously molvis that where radical but everyone knows there are aka abu hamza a well known one in the uk but that doesnt show any reference to islam being attacked in the show. all the show had was a clear message to us as muslims as well as to the west

we have copies that were sent to us in Iran the underlying theme was a direct association of muslims with making of explosives and detonating them amongst innocents.We would be interested to know was this made since thelondon boombers were convicted, any one know when the film was made?

I see the point you're making brother, but we would be the last people these extremist would listen to. One of these British extremist caught in Pakistan and deported to Britain had written to his fellow extremist along the lines of there being too many "Shia dogs in Pakistan". The best thing for us is to condemn it and point out where these people get there cash and religious ideology from.

Edited by Thurston

The film/drama was probably made within the last year.

we have copies that were sent to us in Iran the underlying theme was a direct association of muslims with making of explosives and detonating them amongst innocents.We would be interested to know was this made since thelondon boombers were convicted, any one know when the film was made?

UB, please provide a source from a Marja concerning this. Brother, I also think you need to open up your mind a little. Yes, Islam is the greatest religion in the world but I sincerely urge you to use words such as "kuffaar" with extreme caution, because, you never know, on the Day of Judgement you and I (God forbid) might be included amongst the very same people we call kafirs. Enjoin others to good but do not neglect your own soul, my friend.

I went to Iran last year and had the opportunity to be granted an audience with Ayatollah Mohammad Taqi Mesbah Yazdi, who might be the next Rahbar of Iran. I asked him whether suicide bombings were allowed. He called them "martyrdom operations" and he said that if the necessary conditions are fulfilled (no other way to resist, your rights are being usurped, etc), not only is it allowed, but it is WAJIB. However, he emphasised that each suicide attack/martyrdom operation must be judged on a case by case basis. We cannot group all of them together, because each person who has performed it has done so under different conditions.

Also, please note that Ayatollah Mesbah Yazdi is not a Marja.

Can someone tell me what Britz is, please?

Edited by nadir

britz was a fiction thriller in the uk on channel 4 based on a family the brother joined the mi5 to help combat terrorism and extremism in the uk and the sister somehow joined up with umm usama and became a terrorist bomber and shows there two stories

ur tellin me that suicide bombings allowed? i think you should ask ur marjaa's views upon this...in regard to the conspiracy theories the endless number of conspiracy theories, there is no conspiracy theory the truth and proof is all out there for you to see. Mohammed siddique khan did cause the 7/7 bombings he did blow the train up in edgware road as did the group with 9/11, the videos are there of him with his last words, they are captured on cctv for gods sake. Just like the suicide bombers all over the world the intention is there for killing innocent people why when it is the british that are killed and it is something to do with the west that there is always a conspiracy theory involved? people like urself are either seriously confused or seriously narrow minded...us as muslims have a problem and the previous person said us shias dont have a problem, we do too, the problem with muslims is a problem for us all shia sunni whatever we are. People are being radicalised they are feeling as if they have to take it upon themselves to fight the west taking ayats from the quran or various other sources being confused by various groups, and going on to produce attrocities like the 7/7 bombings.

not everything is that simple...sometimes u have to try to read between the lines

UB, please provide a source from a Marja concerning this. Brother, I also think you need to open up your mind a little. Yes, Islam is the greatest religion in the world but I sincerely urge you to use words such as "kuffaar" with extreme caution, because, you never know, on the Day of Judgement you and I (God forbid) might be included amongst the very same people we call kafirs. Enjoin others to good but do not neglect your own soul, my friend

I challenge you to find my use of the word kufaar in this thread and prove beyond doubt that those people are not indeed kufaar. I might get punished from Allah for all the sins I have commited or I might get forgiven but one thig is for sure and that is I AM Muslim. I HAVE A FEELING YOU WERE TRYING TO SUGGEST IM GOING TO HELL AND GOING TO BE JOINED BY THE KUFAAR, if this was your opinion I am shocked and dissapointed because you usually have a lot of good to say.

britz was a fiction thriller in the uk on channel 4 based on a family the brother joined the mi5 to help combat terrorism and extremism in the uk and the sister somehow joined up with umm usama and became a terrorist bomber and shows there two stories

LOL Umm Usama was the code name given to the lady

wow bro this is amazing

Some people like rejecting the truth and accepting the view point of the enemies of Islam.

UB, please provide a source from a Marja concerning this

I can provide you examples of Hezbollah and their cells using martyrdom operations, point being I won't condem my muslim brothers of Hezbollah regardless of if those operations were hallal or not because their intention was Jihad.

Brother syedagha whats the point discussing with someone who thinks 9/11 was done by 19 hairy blokes with box cutters.

I challenge you to find my use of the word kufaar in this thread and prove beyond doubt that those people are not indeed kufaar. I might get punished from Allah for all the sins I have commited or I might get forgiven but one thig is for sure and that is I AM Muslim. I HAVE A FEELING YOU WERE TRYING TO SUGGEST IM GOING TO HELL AND GOING TO BE JOINED BY THE KUFAAR, if this was your opinion I am shocked and dissapointed because you usually have a lot of good to say.

My apologies. Concerning your general use of the word "Kaffir/Kuffar/Kufr", I personally dislike and disagree with labelling anyone with it, because I am afraid that Allah will use the same term to label me on Qiyamat. You haven't used it here, except once. It was wrong of me to impose my beliefs on you, I'm sorry.

I am also a Muslim, but, I just don't know what will happen to me in the end, if you know what I mean. This is why I don't call anyone, regardless of their religious beliefs, a Kaffir.

I don't think you're going to hell. In fact, I sincerely pray you don't. My apologies for giving you that impression. That was not my intention.

UB, I asked you to provide a fatwa for this specific ruling, that Suicide attacks are allowed on combatants only. I am not testing you or calling you a liar. It is just that I have never read this in the resalah of any Marja, which is why I ask you to provide a source.

Edited by nadir

My apologies. Concerning your general use of the word "Kaffir/Kuffar/Kufr", I personally dislike and disagree with labelling anyone with it, because I am afraid that Allah will use the same term to label me on Qiyamat. You haven't used it here, except once. It was wrong of me to impose my beliefs on you, I'm sorry.

I am also a Muslim, but, I just don't know what will happen to me in the end, if you know what I mean. This is why I don't call anyone, regardless of their religious beliefs, a Kaffir.

I don't think you're going to hell. In fact, I sincerely pray you don't. My apologies for giving you that impression. That was not my intention.

Its ok brother maybe I took the comments the wrong way but InshAllah if you read Surah al Kafiroun you will know that letting the kaafir have their way of life and having ours as separate is ok and InshAllah all muslims will get heaven one day even if they have been bad and have to cut their time in the hell for all the sins, However a kaafir will never enter heaven unless he had no sign of revelation (he lived in a jungle somewhere).

UB, I asked you to provide a fatwa for this specific ruling, that Suicide attacks are allowed on combatants only. I am not testing you or calling you a liar. It is just that I have never read this in the resalah of any Marja, which is why I ask you to provide a source.

I don't know of any fatwa but can post incidents in which Shia's carried out martrydon operations but I although could accept this method of Jihad not permissable I could never condem my brothers because their intention was Jihad.

hezbollah was a completely different story if your talking about how the israelis advanced into lebanon, but u cannot justify hezbollahs suicide bombing attacks, they are completely and utterly immoral. If they kill innocent israelis they are NOT performing jihad according to my marjaa but your marjaas obviously have different rulings for you to think so differently. Any by the way i think you have been watching too much farenheit 9/11

Any by the way i think you have been watching too much farenheit 9/11

I think you have been watching too much FOX news

Also the suicide bombings i was talking about was against soldiers in armed combat, who do you think you are foolong by implying suicide bombings only happen against innocent civilians. READ THE POST and read what I wrote and you will find i did not defend attacks on civilians,