Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Is Yahweh In The Quran And Mentioned By Muhammed Pbuh?

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Christians tend to argue that Allah is a pagan moon god and when we prove to them Allah is related to the Hebrew word Eloim and the Aramaic word Alaha they go into a lengthy arguement and say that well God is Yahweh in the bible therefore Muhammed pbuh cannot be a prophet because he never mentioned his name and the bible says all prophets will say this name.

Watch this all is revealed

<a href="http://youtube.com/watch?v=kImtCArzfrc" target="_blank">http://youtube.com/watch?v=kImtCArzfrc</a>

Edited by Abu Hurairah
  • Advanced Member

linguistically, the name "Yahweh" doesent even exist in jewish traditions, so how would Prophet Muhammad (saws) be able to give an account of it in the Quran?

The closest approximation to "Yahweh" or "Yehova" is YHWH which really is a abbrevigation of the real name which is said to be extremly long such that its unutterable, which nonetheless is also a crucial point, its considered unutterable period.

yehowa and yahweh are made up names, such as Jesus

• Advanced Member

no, bro, its an attempt to make that which is unutterable utterable, its like, them not being able to say Isahu, yeshua or as in arabic eisah and just settle for Jesus, which some armericans ministers manage to pronounce: Jey-suz

no, bro, its an attempt to make that which is unutterable utterable, its like, them not being able to say Isahu, yeshua or as in arabic eisah and just settle for Jesus, which some armericans ministers manage to pronounce: Jey-suz

Or as one of my Muslim brothers calls "J-walking" :lol:

• Advanced Member
linguistically, the name "Yahweh" doesent even exist in jewish traditions, so how would Prophet Muhammad (saws) be able to give an account of it in the Quran?

The closest approximation to "Yahweh" or "Yehova" is YHWH which really is a abbrevigation of the real name which is said to be extremly long such that its unutterable, which nonetheless is also a crucial point, its considered unutterable period.

yehowa and yahweh are made up names, such as Jesus

Yep watch the video. It was lost. However it has been restored in the Quran by Allah. Did you know that the Quran has helped Jews understand that Torah better? For example they used the Arabic word Ahad to derive more meaning of the same word in the torah. To be a scholer in Hebrew you must know Arabic it is a basic.

YHWH - The Living, Self-Subsisting

YaHayyul-YaQayyum – The Living, Self-Subsisting

This is Allahs greatest name in the Quran.

This has been restored by Allah in the Quran..

Jews and Christians say=Muhammed pbuh cant be a prophet because he did not know Gods greatest name.

Well its Hayyul Qayyum

• Advanced Member
YaHayyul-YaQayyum – The Living, Self-Subsisting

This is Allahs greatest name in the Quran.

This has been restored by Allah in the Quran..

Jews and Christians say=Muhammed pbuh cant be a prophet because he did not know Gods greatest name.

Well its Hayyul Qayyum

The Living, Self-Subsisting would be al-7ayyul Qayyoum. Ya 7ayyu Ya Qayyoum is when we adress Him directly.

What proof do you have that you can say so calmly that this is the Greatest Name?

The Greatest Name of Allah is not known to mankind, except for the Holy Ones (as) and we can therefore never have certainty what or what is not the Greatest Name.

• Advanced Member
The Living, Self-Subsisting would be al-7ayyul Qayyoum. Ya 7ayyu Ya Qayyoum is when we adress Him directly.

What proof do you have that you can say so calmly that this is the Greatest Name?

The Greatest Name of Allah is not known to mankind, except for the Holy Ones (as) and we can therefore never have certainty what or what is not the Greatest Name.

WATCH THE DAMN VIDEO. Answers to those questions are there. Muhammed pbuh said this.

The greatest name is known to mankind. Did Allah mention anywhere that his greatest name is not know!?

• Advanced Member
WATCH THE DAMN VIDEO. Answers to those questions are there. Muhammed pbuh said this.

The greatest name is known to mankind. Did Allah mention anywhere that his greatest name is not know!?

No need to get all hissy with me :)

Those are good, but still only proove a theory. I'm sorry but I need confirmation from sources I can rely upon.

And as for your last question, did Allah ever mention that it is known?

• Advanced Member

the point she was trying to make is that its meaning of the tetragramaton is identical in Islam and that of The Jewish tradition, by showing that the meaning of the greatest name of G_d in Islam is also the similar (in meaning!) to that of the jewish one. But she dosent really give any proof like DonQ says and issues like this need to be delt with professionally or else ones personal bias will get in the way and produce false outcome. I still stand with that of the name reveald to the Jews was in principal unutterable, but have no problem accepting that its meaning might be Al Hayy All Qayyum.

But even so, that dosent really mean much really in this respect, yes, its the highest name, yes, it has great rewards and is the most powerful name. But still, its just one name, it holds a limited amount of information and is certainlly not close to the essence of Allah (swt) which probably no one word or even words can describe.

• Advanced Member
the point she was trying to make is that its meaning of the tetragramaton is identical in Islam and that of The Jewish tradition, by showing that the meaning of the greatest name of G_d in Islam is also the similar (in meaning!) to that of the jewish one. But she dosent really give any proof like DonQ says and issues like this need to be delt with professionally or else ones personal bias will get in the way and produce false outcome. I still stand with that of the name reveald to the Jews was in principal unutterable, but have no problem accepting that its meaning might be Al Hayy All Qayyum.

But even so, that dosent really mean much really in this respect, yes, its the highest name, yes, it has great rewards and is the most powerful name. But still, its just one name, it holds a limited amount of information and is certainlly not close to the essence of Allah (swt) which probably no one word or even words can describe.

But it only became unutterable after the temple of Solomon pbuh was destroyed. Before that it was said freely.

Musa pbuh in the old testament said to God these pagans call their idols God so God told Musa pbuh a name to provide a difference so that he tells the people. They used it freely untill the temple was destroyed. Once the Quran and prophet Muhammed pbuh was revealed the name was restored.

By the way both names have the exact meaning so yea they are the same.

One acid test the bible gives for a true prophet is that they will know Gods special name and Muhammed pbuh passed this test. Every test given in the bible for a true prophet was passed by Muhammed pbuh yet they still turn away.

Edited by Abu Hurairah
  • Advanced Member

salam aleikum

I am no expert on this issue perhaps some of the jewish members of this site can provide better insight, though from what I recall, the true length of the tetragramaton was said to be extremly long and not at all the four letters we are used to think of, but the source was wikipedia and as we know, it isnt the best place to get ones information.

I would take it easy though, we are talking about sensitive things and one would do best in appraoching it with caution (not at all wierd, remember we do wudhu in touching Quran, burn the name of G_d when in need of disposing papper its writen on etc..)

• Advanced Member
One acid test the bible gives for a true prophet is that they will know Gods special name

Huh? Hundreds of people knew it in the time of the Temple, almost none of whom were prophets.

Every test given in the bible for a true prophet was passed by Muhammed pbuh yet they still turn away.

There's really only one make-or-break test for a prophet in the Torah: a true prophet will not tell the Jewish nation to follow some other law instead of the Torah. (Deut ch. 4, ch. 13:1; Joshua 1:6-8; and many other places).

• Advanced Member
.... (not at all wierd, remember we do wudhu in touching Quran, burn the name of G_d when in need of disposing papper its writen on etc..)

(salam)

WHAT? Please don't tell me you've done that. Burning the name of God? Astaghfirullah. It's one of the most Satanic acts and an absolute 7arâm.

• Advanced Member
(salam)

WHAT? Please don't tell me you've done that. Burning the name of God? Astaghfirullah. It's one of the most Satanic acts and an absolute 7ar�

wow, im honestly shocked to be reconed satanic because of the belief of God's name be Holy. Anyways, please bro, can you give concrete evidence, I know the obvious association of fire with hell, but also, ashes are the most pure thing and its a good solution of which I cannot (or have not) found better alternatives, how do you do?

[edit] also, that when its possible, one can shred the paper to tiny pieces so that the text becomes meaningless, but that is not possible with large amounts of text..

Edited by salah
  • Advanced Member
wow, im honestly shocked to be reconed satanic because of the belief of God's name be Holy. Anyways, please bro, can you give concrete evidence, I know the obvious acossiation of fire with hell, but also, ashes are the most pure thing and its a good solution of which I cannot (or have not) found better alternatives, how do you do?

(salam)

No, I was not reffering to you personally as Satanic. God's name is Holy. But say you came by, and someone was burning papers with the name of God on them - how would you consider this act?

I know that many Sunnis burn these things, but, as we all know -- Sunnis have far from the perfect ways of Ahlul Bayt (as).

In the Ja3fari jurisprudence, burning the name of Allah (swt) [in any language] is forbidden (you can ask your marja3 if you want, he will confirm it).

I have a lot of papers that I wrote some errors in, but that I had already written the name of God in, so I can't burn them or throw them out, obviously.

I have this garbage tract which works awesome. I just take my papers, put them in a plastic bag and put them in the tract -- the garbage company will recycle the paper [recycling these papers is 7alâl according to the ruling of His Eminence Sistani].

You can also bury them in the ground or throw them in a river. According to the ruling of Sayyed Khamenei, it is allowed to make the papers as paste. But as mentioned before, you should not burn them. If eventually you have nothing to do with the papers, just leave them somewhere in a cupboard.

Edited by DonQ
  • Advanced Member

salam

ok, so recycling is ok but burning is not. I went out in attempt to find such a ruling but did not find one, however I wouldnt doubt it is not prefered as it is perhaps more dignified to bury the Quran etc.. but I do not initially agree that the mere burning of small amounts of text is necessarily a "disrespectful" method of disposal. The only negative thing with fire really is that its associated with hell, and beside that it really is a effective purifying agent though it may be symbolically offensive (as you have reacted).