Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Haji 2003

Timurlaine's Palace - decode Kufic script please

Rate this topic

Dirac Delta function said:
another despotic tyrant.

We should dig up his bones and throw them in the same cesspit as Saddam al Tikriti.

He did introduce Shia 'tazias' into India:

NEW DELHI: On Muharram, which fell on March 25 this year, Muslims of India joined other faithfuls in the rest of the world to mourn and pay homage to Hasan and Hussain, who became martyrs hundreds of years ago (680 AD) in Karbala desert in Arabia. The story of their tragic martyrdom is well-known throughout the world. The day is calculated in Islamic calendar based on lunar months, starting with Muharram.

Indian Muslims have been observing the day from the time Islam came to this sub-continent. Certain traditions have taken roots over the years under the influence of indigenous culture. A special feature is the tazia procession taken out on Muharram day in all Muslim-dominated areas.

Tazia was a fabrication by Timur on the pattern of the Indian chariot called rath; and, thereafter Sufi saints made their own contributions by mixing various rituals of Islam and Hinduism. Ever since, Muharram has advanced the cause of peaceful co-existence.

A tazia is a replica of the mausoleum dedicated to the two martyrs. These are made of bamboo sticks, coloured paper and fabric. (There is a resemblance of effigies burnt on Dussehra although tazia is buried.) Devoted Muslims take them out in a procession and whip-lash themselves in a symbolic act of self-punishment as they cry out in pain, "Hai Hasan, Hai Hussain".

Dirges (marsia) of their martyrdom are sung by emotionally-charged singers in the evening. Listeners often break down as the whole story of their tragic death is narrated in a soulful manner.

http://www.indiatraveltimes.com/religion/Muharram.html

Bump. I've waited a bit for an answer so I don't think it's spamming to ask again.

Can anyone answer the original query please? Thanks.

I have been obsessively staring at it for the last 30 mins, rotating my phone at various angels and zooming in and out and I cannot make anything out of it Kufic script can be very tricky to read, especially when you are non Arabic speaker. 

1 hour ago, Abu Hadi said:

OK, so here is goes. I might be wrong about this but I have been staring at this for a while now. 

post-6473-1193683551_thumb.jpg

1- ال

2 م

3. ح

4. د

5. ى

المحدى

Al Mahdi(a.f.s)

image1.png

HIghly Stylized way of writing it, though. 

I thought the same thing, but there is a dot which threw me off. المحذى doesn't mean anything, does it?

Edited by aaaz1618

50 minutes ago, aaaz1618 said:

I thought the same thing, but there is a dot which threw me off. المحذى doesn't mean anything, does it?

That dot also confused me at first. It's possible that the dot is not part of the word, just a stylistic addition ?  If you look around the border of the word, it has those same dots. 

6 hours ago, starlight said:

rotating my phone at various angels

Your turn to read my mind. Rotating the picture was what l was going to suggest.

Thanx Haji2003 -l didn't know about this place.

Edited by hasanhh

:blush:

1 hour ago, realizm said:

:salam:

It's المهدى not المحدى 

Oh. Ok. My Arabic spelling leaves something to be desired. There goes that theory. I am tending to agree with sister starlight at this point. 

2 hours ago, realizm said:

It seems to me those are fragments of a longer sentence rather than just names read separately.

Thanks, I'd need to check my photo archives to see if I took pictures of the while circumference.

6 minutes ago, Jaabir said:

Anyone feel free to decipher my own profile photo.

Fourfold Mohammed? 

7 minutes ago, Jaabir said:

العزوالبقا الدوله والسخا

What does it mean?

On 8/25/2019 at 9:21 AM, starlight said:

Fourfold Mohammed?

Perhaps @Jaabir could show me what a fourfold Maryam would look like? 

Pretty please.

I am thinking of taking the fruits of his labour to this place:

http://justcastings.co.United Kingdom/what-we-do/casting/

On 8/25/2019 at 9:46 AM, Haji 2003 said:

Wow! Neat!

1 hour ago, Jaabir said:

These are the same scripts which says Mubarak baad (مبارك باد)

This says العزوالبقا الدوله والسخا

As a fan of Kufic script myself, I descended to the darkest depths of the interwebs to solve this mystery and finally found this: http://www.kufic.info/architecture/aqsaray/aqsaray.htm

Anyone feel free to decipher my own profile photo.

:salam:

You are the man. 

On 8/25/2019 at 9:21 AM, starlight said:

Fourfold Mohammed? 

What does it mean?

The script in black indeed says Muhammad four times, then there's the part in white...

العزوالبقا الدوله والسخا - The proud and enduring nation of al-Sakha (not sure what al-Sakha is).

On 8/25/2019 at 9:46 AM, Haji 2003 said:

Perhaps @Jaabir could show me what a fourfold Maryam would look like? 

Pretty please.

It's been 5 years but sadly my answers have remain unchanged. I tried searching for it once again but once again unsuccessfully. I tried to make what I could myself from the old photo I posted and made this not-so-appealing piece: 

image.png.af7b46c96b823b6a963b1a668c4e0050.png

I could probably make something a tad better, but would take a bit too long and way more effort than this one.

On 8/25/2019 at 10:54 AM, Jaabir said:

The script in black indeed says Muhammad four times, then there's the part in white...

Sorry, Google search only told me about Muhammad :P 

White is Ali?

5 hours ago, realizm said:

'The Glory and the Eternity, the Sovereignty and the Wealth'

Instead of Wealth, maybe Generosity. 

On 8/24/2019 at 4:51 PM, aaaz1618 said:

Salam it's المهدی Al Mahdi the title of 12th Imam the dot that you see is star for decoration .

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

On 8/25/2019 at 8:24 PM, Jaabir said:

العزوالبقا الدوله والسخا - The proud and enduring nation of al-Sakha (not sure what al-Sakha is)

Salam Al-Sakha means generosity  

الدوله : means wealth  

that texts wishes the four good thing for Prophet Muahammad (pbu) & his family & also says they are at top of these four happy elements