Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

• Advanced Member

(salam)

There are plenty of Islamic schools around, but does anyone know of a specific Shia one? All the schools I am aware of are Sunni run schools and I am really wanting to send my little one to a Shia school.

I'm specifically after Melbourne, but I am interested to learn if there are any in Australia at all.

Thanks

Kelly

Edited by hijabikel
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

Shias or let say Iraqies never corporate with each other, that's why there isn't any Shia schools. (Melbourne, not sure about Sydney) My sister is trying so hard to open one, but no one is offering any help, not even the Sheikh.

Edited by Narcissus
  • 1 year later...
  • Advanced Member
Shias or let say Iraqies never corporate with each other, that's why there isn't any Shia schools. (Melbourne, not sure about Sydney) My sister is trying so hard to open one, but no one is offering any help, not even the Sheikh.

umm where do you get that iraqies dont get along let alone shias?the shias in my community as well as iraqies get along very well!!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Basic Members

There isn't actually any good or half decent Sunni Schools either.

Most teach Music and mix the students togeather(boys and girls)

So both Shi'a and Sunni's have a issue with getting a good school.

But I'm sure King Khalid wouldn't mind your kids going there, even though it's Sunni School...they're very flexible.

• Advanced Member

There isn't actually any good or half decent Sunni Schools either.

Most teach Music and mix the students togeather(boys and girls)

So both Shi'a and Sunni's have a issue with getting a good school.

But I'm sure King Khalid wouldn't mind your kids going there, even though it's Sunni School...they're very flexible.

which sunni schools of thought frown on music altogether?

• Advanced Member

You mean Madhab's?

All of them.

There's no Hadith saying the Prophet (as) & the Sahaba(ra) sat and listened to music except to the voice of a person(singing) and the arabic drum called Doof.

These two things are only halal.

yes i mean math'habs. that is interesting because most of hte sunnis i know do enjoy music and see nothing unislamic about it. are you sure its because there are no hadiths saying that the prophet listened to any form of music other than the daf? i mean the prophet didnt do a lot of things, it doesnt necessarily make them haram. are their specific hadiths in which it prohibits certains types of music/instruments? ive seen these in the shia hadith collections and jurisprudence rulings, but am not well read in the sunni schools of thought or what their scholars preach.

not sure if you guys had sounds of light there, but it is a largely (if not entirely) sunni function where musicians and singers perform for charity http://soundsoflight.com.au/sol.html

not all of them have only singing and daf, eg seven8six

• 1 month later...