Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Pleasing Suicide Equals Pleasing Punishment?

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Let's say a guy named Saif overdoses on a lethal amount of heroin and enjoys it until death. Since the punishment for suicide is a repeat of that suicide until the day of judgement then I guess Saif would enjoy his "punishment". What do you think?

Edited by Hasan110
  • Advanced Member
Let's say a guy named Saif overdoses on a lethal amount of heroin and enjoys it until death. Since the punishment for suicide is a repeat of that suicide until the day of judgement then I guess Saif would enjoy his "punishment". What do you think?

(salam)

1) what is your source that one who commits suicide has it repeated until the Day of Judgment? (I am not doubting you, I just want to see where you got this from, is it authentic, etc.)

2) overdosing on heroin=suicide?

• Advanced Member
(salam)

1) what is your source that one who commits suicide has it repeated until the Day of Judgment? (I am not doubting you, I just want to see where you got this from, is it authentic, etc.)

2) overdosing on heroin=suicide?

(1) I can't remember the source :( Seems like a pretty well known fact though. ;)

(2) Heroin works on the central nervous system. The abuser's heartbeat slows as well as their breathing. They may lose consciousness. Any of these effects can be fatal if the dose is too high.

• Advanced Member
(1) I can't remember the source :( Seems like a pretty well known fact though. ;)

(2) Heroin works on the central nervous system. The abuser's heartbeat slows as well as their breathing. They may lose consciousness. Any of these effects can be fatal if the dose is too high.

(salam)

ok I am sorry I was not clear enough. Let me rephrase: you mentioned the fact that their death was pleasant, and then went on to say that a suicide is repeated over and over until Judgment Day. so I am asking you, how is taking a bunch of heroin killing yourself? isn't it just dying from overdosing on a drug? if a child drinks some kind of bleach or detergent and dies, have they committed suicide???

• Advanced Member
(salam)

ok I am sorry I was not clear enough. Let me rephrase: you mentioned the fact that their death was pleasant, and then went on to say that a suicide is repeated over and over until Judgment Day. so I am asking you, how is taking a bunch of heroin killing yourself? isn't it just dying from overdosing on a drug? if a child drinks some kind of bleach or detergent and dies, have they committed suicide???

Well, suicide is death. Yes, both scenarios you mentioned are considered suicide if the person's intention was to die.

• Forum Administrators

Death is always painful, even if it seems easy.. there's no such thing as a painless death in Islam, but there is such thing as a "less painful" one.

• Advanced Member

(salam)

Hasan110-you will have to bring the source in which this belief is stated, AND show that it is authentic or provide views of those who do. throughout my readings, I have never come across this belief. there are many views held amongst some Shias that seem to be "widespread," yet there are scholars and people of learning who provide refutations and views to counter such beliefs.

• Advanced Member

I got this from unreliable wikipedia : "The prohibition of suicide has also been recorded in authentic statements of hadith. For example; "He who commits suicide by throttling shall keep on throttling himself in the Hell-fire, and he who commits suicide by stabbing himself, he shall keep stabbing himself in the Hell-fire." And this from another site : Narrated Thabit bin Ad-Dahhak, The Prophet said, "...whoever commits suicide with piece of iron will be punished with the same piece of iron in the Hell Fire."

Edited by Hasan110
  • Advanced Member

LOL, I think you answered yourself. Then he wil probably be overdosed with heroin in "THE HELL FIRE".. Very enjoyable indeed!!

Your source contradicts your first post. At least give us the link to the narrations you mentioned so they could be verified because i doubt they are from shia resources. some one correct me if i am wrong.

• Advanced Member

salam,,,

for everybody info here,,suicide wins you hell-it is knwon and undisputed,

the minute you die ,,your soul leaves your body fro minutes,,but then your second trip into world of barzakh starts...

then you will be treated like your actions were when you were alive.

for those of you who speak Arabic and want to see a scary movie of what happens after your dead according to Koran and Koranic verses,, go here :

http://switchboard.real.com/player/email.h...Frabyerjeon.ram

it is on this page :scroll down to al barzakh,,,,,

http://www.alseraj.net/ar/index.shtml

as for English no Arabic give me time I will try to get something.

The reason I did this and it is not going off topic is because we should all know what to expect that is why we should all try to be as true to our religion as possible

1- sucide= sin= hell

2- you die your judegment trip starts and your locked in either good cell or bad one till judegment day .

May we all be locked our our souls I guess ,,wth the good dudes :)

• 2 months later...
  • Basic Members

Suicide should never be a way to die. It is against Allah. Life is precious & valuable in the eyes of Allah.

By committing suicide a person takes all that pain & darkness with them into Barzakh & it intensifies that the soul suffers from torments we can't possibly imagine. Even if that person was a good person in this life, they still suffer in the next because they have suicided. It is said that they go to hell.

Having recently worked on a case in which a man called Charlie Rocket took his life by cutting his own throat - I didn't believe it myself but it is true, I have a better understanding on why people kill themselves.

His sucide was a huge shock to his family & friends & no-one seemed to know why he saw suicide as his only way out. I found out a few things & I realised why Charlie took his life. This man suffered with chronic depression on & off during his life. He hid it from all those around him. He was terribly abused as a child. At one point he worked on TV but he was so publically fired & was humiliated for making a genuine error that he became depressed. Over several years he did acting jobs here & there but only just enough to get by.

Over those years he was constantly reminded of this genuine mistake which people thought he had done on purpose. The words would hurt him on the inside but he didn't let it show to anyone.

Things happened to him later in life. He didn't have a proper job, had no money, felt ashamed at not being able to look after his wife. He'd lived in a very quiet place for 2 years & lost contact with a lot of friends. He was lonely. His child was already a grown man living in another state.

Outwardly he was still making plans. On his last day he saw his friend who had known him for 30 years but his mind was in emotional turmoil. It appeared that he was still making plans but he just couldn't see a way out of his emotional pain. He travelled a good distance on this last day. He had lots of time to think & feel about his past, the good times ( which were only a few years) the bad times which was alot of years. He got home, had dinner with his wife, went out for a walk & never returned.

He had gone to his barn on his land. He took out 2 box cutters (utitlity knives). He walked into a middle of a field, he had a box cutter in each hand. He took his left hand to the right side of his throat & his right hand to the left side of his throat & criss-crossed - he pulled both knives inwards & fell forwards.

He could not see the love of his wife & family & friends. He could not see how much people did care about him even some of his fans ( he did have a few ). He had got lost in his own mind. It was all because of the terrible child abuse he had suffered with, the pain of which he had kept locked away for 50 years. His child abuse caused him to have a mental illness which went undiagnosed. There were clues to his illness but no-one recognised them & Charlie didn't know he was ill.

I did not know this person until I read about him over a year later. For some reason this man's suicide hit me very hard. I did not want this man to be suffering on the other side. Even though suicide is forbidden I didn't want this man to go to hell because it wasn't his fault.

But all I could do was pray for his redemption & forgiveness for his sins. The dead need us the most & we have to pray for their redemption because they can longer do it themselves.

I bet if there was a way for a suicide victim to tell us why they committed suicide, they would say that they regretted taking their own life & that they wished they realised how many people cared about them.

yasmin