Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Wudhu At School

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

(salam) ,

My brother recites salat at school. He does his wudhu in the bathroom, but since he wears sneakers, he doesnt feel comfortable taking his shoes off because he doesnt know if the bathroom floor is najis/dirty or not. so he completes all the parts of wudhu exept the wiping of his feet. but by the time he get to the room that he can pray in, all of the water on his hands has evaporated.

so what should he do about completing the last part of the wudhu, which is wiping both of your feet.

i found a rule by Ayatullah Sistani which states:

309. If after or during Wudhu, a person becomes sure that he has not washed certain parts or has not wiped them, and if the moisture of the parts preceding them has dried up due to lapse of time, he should perform Wudhu again. And if the moisture has not dried up, or has dried up owing to hot weather, or other similar causes, he should wash or wipe the forgotten part as well as the parts which follow. Similarly, if during Wudhu he doubts whether he has washed or wiped a part or not, he should follow the same rule as above.

so i feel like this is saying that if the moisture is gone, then wudhu has to be done again, but if my brother keeps on going back and forth from the bathroom to the prayer room at school, the water will always evaporate.

so what is he to do?

jazakallah in advance :)

(salam) ,

My brother recites salat at school. He does his wudhu in the bathroom, but since he wears sneakers, he doesnt feel comfortable taking his shoes off because he doesnt know if the bathroom floor is najis/dirty or not. so he completes all the parts of wudhu exept the wiping of his feet. but by the time he get to the room that he can pray in, all of the water on his hands has evaporated.

so what should he do about completing the last part of the wudhu, which is wiping both of your feet.

i found a rule by Ayatullah Sistani which states:

309. If after or during Wudhu, a person becomes sure that he has not washed certain parts or has not wiped them, and if the moisture of the parts preceding them has dried up due to lapse of time, he should perform Wudhu again. And if the moisture has not dried up, or has dried up owing to hot weather, or other similar causes, he should wash or wipe the forgotten part as well as the parts which follow. Similarly, if during Wudhu he doubts whether he has washed or wiped a part or not, he should follow the same rule as above.

so i feel like this is saying that if the moisture is gone, then wudhu has to be done again, but if my brother keeps on going back and forth from the bathroom to the prayer room at school, the water will always evaporate.

so what is he to do?

jazakallah in advance :)

salaamunUlaykum wr wb... he can wear sandals/slippers. i'm just wondering how he would use the restrooms at school and cleanse without getting najis on himself or clothing. is he also at school in VA or overseas?

Edited by gogiison2
  • Advanced Member

salam

when I do wuduu at school, I just put a lot of toilet paper on the spot where I stand when doing wudu, creating a temporary carpet. which i then stand on. this creates a barrier between the floor and my feet. works great.. but if the floor is a little wet from before, dry it out with some toilet paper before making that temporary carpet thing. Another tip is to avoid using the Mens room. Use either the handicap toilet or the girls toilet(if they are solitary of course, lol, don't go barging into a collective girl's room) they are usually a lot cleaner and dryer.

• Veteran Member

(salam) When I was in secondary school, we asked the administration for a prayer room with a sink. They gave us a little room outside the gym that had a water fountain next to the door. If your brother asks - maybe they can find a better place for him. I hear that boys' bathrooms are really dirty.

• Advanced Member

I did the same when I went to a restaurant, I stood on top of my shoes and it worked great.

This year, I am going to ask for permission ot pray atshcool. If they dont I will take it up to the Ministry of Education and Islamic Affairs. Its a so called Muslim country man.

• Advanced Member

If your brother can grow a beard, have him grow a beard. He can use the water remaining on his face to do masah of the head and feet.

and the suggestion about standing on your shoes... make sure our shoes aren't made from non-halal leather.

Wa Salaam,

Dhulfiqar

• Advanced Member
wudhu also takes very little water... he could take a bottle of water and do wudhu wherever he is about to pray and only use the minimum of water

True. But I don't see how the water evaporates so quickly.

Anyway, remember to make the two wipes (masah) head and feet in one stage. Try not split them.

Wa Salaam,

Dhulfiqar