Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Sisters Want To Get Married With The Sunnis

Rate this topic

Director

• Advanced Member

^ sis I completely agree with everything you said....well said! :D

If I might go a bit off topic here and share an experience I had upon meeting a black man who hated whites. But we shared one big commonality, and that is our thirst for justice. He was not very nice to me at first and even suggested that since a large number of the innocent prisoners I work with are black, that I was a "wigger", which for those of you who do not know, is a white person who tries to emulate the black culture. I explained to him that it was irrelevant to me the race of a person, that I was against injustice to all people. Well, he observed me and what I was doing for several years and he eventually began to be friendly and even participate in some of the action I was taking. He told me about a year ago that I was the only white person he liked. LOL :!!!: But because I opened his mind to the possibility that not all white people fit the stereotype of those he disliked, he began giving other white people an opportunity and now understands that it has nothing to do with race, but with character. I truly believe that is why Allah brought this man into my life.

Edited by Asha

• Advanced Member

Khairunnisa:

I have nothing against what you wrote but this part

I guess why it irritates me so much ( scorning Sunni/Shia marriages ) is because a few of my best friends (Shias) have married Sunnis. And the stuff they've had to go thru because our narrow-minded society is just .... well, sad. I wish everyone were more open-minded. Don't get me wrong....I'm not saying to the sisters.. 'leave the Shia guys.. lets go find us some Sunnis.' rolleyes.gif No. Obviously, it goes without saying that any Shia girl's first choice would be someone Shia (Duh, pple!) I mean to say, that IF a girl marries a Sunni, it isn't the end of the world. If a girl would prefer to marry a religious Sunni to a non-religious Shia, what is bad in that?

On this green earth the above statement is impossible. Not saying there isnt a religious Sunni compared to a non religious Shia but if you look then i am sure you will someone on par.

The story that Asha wrote is cute and touching, but marriage and raising a family together is different.

There are many Sunnis that have great love and respect for the Ahlul-Bayt as.gif and give them great status in Islam.(No, I'm not joking. Seriously) I have been fortunate enough to meet them, Alhamdulillah, which has helped me be more open-minded. We need to be less stubborn towards Sunnis, and maybe we'll get some of the same right back at us. (Being a SUNNI-HATER isn't going to get them to see the Light. It may just drive them away further from the true Islam. How are we any different from those SHIA-HATERS, if our mindset is similar to theirs?)

Ok now you are being just as judgmental as those Aunties lol.

Nobody hates Sunnis, I was born in Pakistan and had neighbors that were Sunni, classmates that were Sunni, best friends that were Sunni so i can honestly say i dont hate on Sunnis.

I really dont think marrying Sunnis = End of world

And marrying a Sunni (open-minded one.. NOT a Shia-hater!) could possibly help Shias. How? Well.... Love works wonders. smile.gif A Shia wife can prove to be a very valuable asset for Akhirah wink.gif . If she can show her husband that Shia Islam isn't what many Sunnis believe it to be, she's doing a great thing. Not only him, but maybe even his family and Sunni friends! Hence, the word spreads, and InshaAllah more Sunnis will soon start to appreciate Shia Islam for what it truly is. So, if a girl finds a suitable spouse in the Sunni Sect (In situations like Sis ForeverMM), then she's getting a golden oppurtunity. She must however keep strong in her faith, always. (Its not good if she ends up converting!! Allah forbid.)

That is not really a valid excuse as it has 2 flaws

1) If there was nothing wrong then our Marjae would not put a condition on it

2) Why work on the Sunnis? They are already Muslims. Why not work on the non muslims and influence them and their families. Surely the reward is greater.

I dont think i am in the position to Judge anyone and their intention, This is why i initially said i hate these kind of threads.

• Advanced Member
Depends on who can cook and clean better and i aint playing at all :!!!:

hahahaha.....i didn't even expect you to answer bro! :lol:

I really didn't realize until I saw a thread in the sister's section that so many young sisters do not cook well or at all. I suppose I am from a different generation being 44 years old, but I was taking care of infants, cooking complete meals, working in the garden, mowing the lawn and taking care of the house by the time I was ten years old. Both of my parents worked and I am the eldest in the family. At the time, I was not so happy about having so many chores/responsibilities, but as I got older I was grateful. When I left my parents home to live independantly, I already had strong skills so it was only a difficult transition from a financial standpoint.

Perhaps we expect too little of our children these days, thinking we are being loving and allowing them to be children. But I have to say, that it was only beneficial to me, though I definitely didn't think so at the time. LOL

• Advanced Member

the posts by the sisters are forcing me to share a mishap (true story) of a shia girl married to a so called pious sunni , and its result.

but it will shock all of u , thats why i m not going to share it right now , but i think i will have to share it in the future, because of our sisters over here on shia chat

• Advanced Member
(salam)

interesting..... lol my dear sister, where can i meet these sunnis? id love to meet a sunni like that, do you mean not like as in not pay much attention to or not care much about the caliphs?

ws

(salam)

Yeah, there are Sunni's who don't really pay much attention to them or have just been brought up sunni and don't know much about them....but there are even sunni's who actually lean towards disliking them (not hate, but just dislike certain things they've done or certain character traits) but at the same time, they don't believe that the prophet (p.) appointed Imam Ali (as) as his successor or believe in any of the other shia beliefs and they pray sunni-style, fast sunni-style etc hence why they're still considered sunni.

wasalaam

• Site Administrators

(salam)

Bro Slave of Allah,

Wait till you see:

Sunnis listening to nohas and doing matam.

Sunnis guarding shias on moharram

Sunnis sending la'nat on Yazeed

Strict wahabis, seeking tawassul of Ehl-ul-Bayt .....

:D no joke....it's a reality.

Fi-Amanillah

• Advanced Member

I dnt think der is reli anything wrong to get married 2 a sunni as long as he is pious.... but i am sure dere r many sunnis hu believe in wat shia's do.... but some believe everything but still deny da bad things abt deir khalifas... I suppose so u can even get married 2 impious shia and change him slowly to pious... But depends reli wat sisters prefer.... i've heard abt many galz gettin married 2 sunnis but mashallah their marriage is workin out... n i dnt even say ny wer excatly dat it is gunaah 2 get married 2 sunni... dis is jus my opnion abt gettin married 2 sunni... but i wuld prefer 2 marry a shia syed..... :angel: Nyway lets jus hope 4 da best 4 and hope dat everything works out 4 thm every1 hu eva dey get married 2 whether dey r shia.. sunnii... or wateva... ^_^

• Advanced Member
(salam)

Bro Slave of Allah,

Wait till you see:

Fi-Amanillah

why dont you simply say " Sunnis are not sunnis they are shia , and it is not a joke its reality "

what a pity !!!!!!!!!!!

(salam)

Well i have married a Sunni, and i dont rigrid marrying such a person, as he is a true believer of Allah, Prophet (pbuh) and his family. He actually supports me in al the ways, and if religion allows it, than whats the big deal!

They are not the enemies of Alhullbayte and as far as i have seen, not all the sunnis are the same.. there are many who are extremist and there are Also many who acually are more interested in Islam rather than the sects..

If you sincerely love the Prophet (pbuh) than ofcoz you will love the Alhulbayte too, my husband respects us, and ihave never ever felt that my husband is a Sunni, as he doesnt have such thinking nor he is interested in the enemies of Alhulbayte,. hes pious and hes a good human being, and im so proud of him..

Edited by *~Mrs Power~*

• Advanced Member

salam

just recite this dua and then decide if you really want to marry someone, Imam Ali a.s dislikes

Al-Sahifa e Alaviya Supplication 120

(His supplication knowns as "Saname Quraish")

specially this part

" Such a beating should be on those tyrants, and their helpers, their assistance, their friends and their lovers, those attracted to them and those who acknowledge their deeds, those who present proof for them, and those who follow their words, and those who approve their actions "

• Advanced Member
(salam)

Bro Slave of Allah,

Wait till you see:

Fi-Amanillah

(salam)

lol say wallah? I wanna see that. i see sunnis sometimes at the majalis in muharram, but dont pay to much attention as to their intentions. Yeh the yazeed thing is common.

strict wahabis tawassul? lol that 1 made me laugh, i cant even imagine it, imagine how sweet it would look in real life :!!!: :Hijabi: . Sunnis doing matam? :unsure:

:squeez:

where can i meet these people? :P

also wat u mean, sunnis guarding shias in muharram? like do u mean defending our practices?

ws

• Site Administrators
(salam)

lol say wallah?

lol wallah bro..... I am not making that up.....

Speaking of personal experience......

strict wahabis tawassul? lol that 1 made me laugh, i cant even imagine it, imagine how sweet it would look in real life :!!!: :Hijabi:

Yeh bro ..... :D

umm alsyedia is a member of this site....he lives in the same city as mine in Pakistan....He was interested in meeting one of my murshid.....

He paid a visit and came back with one question, " How come people were kissing his feet " Don't want to start an endless discussion trying to justify their stance, but would like to bring this to your attention that there are hardcore wahabis kissing the feet of a shia of Ali and requesting him to pray for them with the tawasul of Ahlulbayt.....they respect the progeny of the Prophet so much that they treat average syeds like Hassan, Hussain or Zainab a.s ......hope you get the picture....

. Sunnis doing matam? :unsure:

:squeez:

where can i meet these people? :P

In Pakistan...... :D

also wat u mean, sunnis guarding shias in muharram? like do u mean defending our practices?

ws

In Moharram, the shia gathering is a sensitive issue and there is fear of terrorist attacks.....usually the youth (with arm license) volunteer and act as security guards to make sure that everything goes smoothly........there are sunni muslims who volunteer to guard the shia muslims on the 9th and 10th of Moharram when shia muslims gather and practise Matam on the roads....

Fi-AManillah

Ya Allah, please give us, Shia girls, more QUALITY Shia men. Not only are there fewer Shia males, but from personal experience, most of the guys I've met (for the purpose of marriage) were content to be low-achieving bums.

Most of the Shia men I've met are highly educated, high earning, ambitious and religious.

I have friends who are educated to the highest levels at some of the best universities in the world

I have friends my age (26) earning hundreds of thousands of dollars in bonuses, annually in London's financial centre

I have friends who lecture and publish about Islam in universities and national magazines

I have friends involved in major community initiatives such as establishing think tanks, setting up profesional helplines for troubled teenagers, publishing articles in national newspapers, and involved in human rights groups and charities

I have more friends in the medical field than I can count

I'm sorry you have only met low-achieving bums, you live in the wrong place. Here in London, the Shia community is outstanding, from every perspective, both religious and material. Not only that it is cohesive and mutlicultural, particulalrly with the younger generation, where we have Iraqis, Pakistanis and Indians working together* and taking the nation forward.

My parent's generation don't even know the extent of the work being done by my generation, and they certainly never could have imagined it when they arrived as immigrants in the 80s. So please recognise that not all Shia are "low-achieving bums".

*Notice the absence of Iranians - they are mostly non-religious or anti-Islamic in the west.

• Advanced Member

I didn't say all of them were "low-achieving bums". Notice, I said that it's "most of the guys I've met". I live in the US, so perhaps that's the problem. But having relatives in the match-making field as well as friends who are girls, I know that many girls struggle with this problem. Time and time again, I've heard about parents complaining about their daughters being so educated but not finding educated spouses to match. This isn't even restricted to my particular US community-- I met some out-of-town guests at a wedding, and I heard the same complaint from one parent.

• Advanced Member

I'm not sure but I think you may have misunderstood me. There is definitely a difference between the sexes, at least here in the US. Here you will see that girls, on average, are more educated and higher achieving than boys. The difficulty comes when the guys lack ambition as compared to the girls. So parents are complaining about not finding suitable matches for their girls because the guys are just not educated enough to meet many girls' standards. Basically, I'm saying that in my experience in the US, many of the guys are less commendable than the girls.

Disclaimer: I'm not minimizing the importance of religion when I emphasize education. There are very few good, Shia guys who are both religious AND educated. Both are important.

Edited by BabyBeaverIsAKit

• Advanced Member
CLOSE THIS HATEFUL THREAD. IMAGINE A SUNNI COMING TO THIS SITE AND THE FIRST THING HE SEES IS THIS WARNING ABOUT SHIA GIRLS GETTIN MARRIED TO SUNNIS. UNBELIEVABLE!!

we already have uncountable and unaccountable sunnis over here

Edited by syed ali abbas

• 3 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

Salaam all,,,

:( i have to say i read the comment the Sunnis bro n sis wrote there in their website,,,, it is so sham n at the same time so sad ,,,, i mean we r bro n sis ,,, n not all Shia knows abt there belives correctly n the same for sunnis ,,,, we all as shia n sunni have Allah as our god n our book is Qur'an n our prophe is Mohammed n our differences is only on Imam Ali n othehr khalifas ,, so why we as muslims make it much more bigger n much more difficult which it is not??!!! Walla i feel sad ,, really :(

i know a sunni guy married to a Bahei girl n HE CONVERTED to her religion !!!!! this one no one argued abt them as much as we argued for marriage between a sunni n a shia, why it is like this??!! we have to be like be honest together when one proposed to other however it is prefered to be from the same Madhab but if they r not they should make sure that they hv no prblm for being Shia n Sunni n they will respect each other belifes n for children n other things they hv to talk at the beginning, if they agreed ok if not thats it just leave each other in peace.

i hope we grow up one day n knowing that we hv to be like bro n sis as our RELIGION ISLAM wants us to be.

Wasalam

Fari

Salaam all,,,

:( i have to say i read the comment the Sunnis bro n sis wrote there in their website,,,, it is so sham n at the same time so sad ,,,, i mean we r bro n sis ,,, n not all Shia knows abt there belives correctly n the same for sunnis ,,,, we all as shia n sunni have Allah as our god n our book is Qur'an n our prophe is Mohammed n our differences is only on Imam Ali n othehr khalifas ,, so why we as muslims make it much more bigger n much more difficult which it is not??!!! Walla i feel sad ,, really :(

i know a sunni guy married to a Bahei girl n HE CONVERTED to her religion !!!!! this one no one argued abt them as much as we argued for marriage between a sunni n a shia, why it is like this??!! we have to be like be honest together when one proposed to other however it is prefered to be from the same Madhab but if they r not they should make sure that they hv no prblm for being Shia n Sunni n they will respect each other belifes n for children n other things they hv to talk at the beginning, if they agreed ok if not thats it just leave each other in peace.

i hope we grow up one day n knowing that we hv to be like bro n sis as our RELIGION ISLAM wants us to be.

Wasalam

Fari

^Very well said sister/brother..

Islam allows such marriages, so there sudnt be any arguements, its thier own life and thier own matter, shdunt be critizing anyone!!

:)

Wsalam

• Advanced Member

Salaam

I would rather see Shia sisters marrying sunni's than them going to hindu's or sikhs like what happens in India. Especially in India alot of Syed sisters are apostating and running off with hindus because their parent wont let them marry anyone else than a Syed :wacko: and most of the time they can't find any so the women run off with Hindus.

Salaam

I would rather see Shia sisters marrying sunni's than them going to hindu's or sikhs like what happens in India. Especially in India alot of Syed sisters are apostating and running off with hindus because their parent wont let them marry anyone else than a Syed :wacko: and most of the time they can't find any so the women run off with Hindus.

Wsalam!

Hindus!!! :wacko: thats just too bad!!!

Im sure shias wont marry wahabis, than who are Hindus!! Thats soo bad!!

• Advanced Member
Salaam

(salam)

Unless you can back up your claims with facts and figures, do not, repeat, DO NOT, write such despicable stuff.

Now:

What is the Sayyed Shia population of India?

Obviously, you haven't the faintest. Right?

How many Sayyed Shia girls apostatized in calendar 2006? 2005? 2004, 2003, 2002?

Again, obviously, you are clueless. Right?

How many Sayyed Shia girls married non muslims in calendar 2006? 2005? 2004, 2003, 2002?

Again, and obviously, you haven't the foggiest. Right?

So beware of what you broadcast here. There is going to be a reckoning some day. Be prepared to answer.

• Advanced Member
^Very well said sister/brother..

Islam allows such marriages, so there sudnt be any arguements, its thier own life and thier own matter, shdunt be critizing anyone!!

:)

Wsalam

Dear Mrs. Power,

i am a girl, so say sister :)

fari