Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Ramadhan 1st - Friday 9/14

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

From Ayatollah Sistani's page:

http://www.najaf.org/english/

By His Name The Most High

Since the moon crescent for the Holy Month of Ramadhan has not been sighted on Wednesday night, therefore Friday 14 September will be the first day of the blessed month. We congratulation the entire Muslim World on the advent of this virtuous month. May Allah (swt) bless all Muslims for He is All Hearing and [He] is the Answerer of Prayers.

29 Sha'ban 1428

Wednesday 12 September 2007

-------

Al Khoei Center (NYC) also announced for friday:

We did not receive any witness accounts for the sighting of the moon. Therefore, 1st of Ramadhan will be on Friday, September 14, 2007, inshallah. Ramadhan Mubarak!

www.al-khoei.org

------

Idara E Jaferia (MD)

09/12/2007 - Ramadan starts on Friday, Sep14th

Salaam Alai Kum,

Brothers & Sisters

I was just informed by our resident Alim, Moulana Naqvi Sahab, that the moon was not sighted today Wednesday, September 12th. Therefore, first day of Ramadan will be on Friday, September 14th. However, it is has been recommended by Moulana Naqvi to start fasting from Thursday September 13th onwards. Please see attached updated Ramadan Program & Namaz Timing. Please check both the tabs on the spread sheet.

Mohsin

Idara-e-jaferia Inc

301-466-4805

• Advanced Member

Salam Alaikum,

This is taken from the Muslim Congress website:

http://www.muslimcongress.org/contentmc/home.aspx

Ramadhan Announcement

Moon is sighted in Houston, TX. Those areas lying in the west of Houston should consider thursday 13th September as first of Ramadhan. Those areas lying in the east of Houston should consider thursday 13th of September to be yaum ush-shakk.

Also:

Taken from IEC Husaini site

http://www.iechusaini.org/

* Islamic Education Center, Husaini Association of Greater Chicago did not receive witness accounts for the sighting of the moon for Ramadhan, 1428H.

* However, IEC Husaini strongly recommends fasting on Thursday, September 13th, 2007 as Shaaban 30, 1428H.

* If it is later established that indeed Thursday is the 1st of Ramadhan,those who fasted on Thursday, September 13th, 2007, would not miss the fasting of the 1st day of Ramadhan.

• Advanced Member

waittttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

thats the website from london the najaf one that you posted up brother rahat

london always starts their ramadan a day after america usually does do to seestanis rules on sighting the moon.

i dont think u can apply that to america at all

• Basic Members

ramadhan kareem, and inshallah Allah SWT guides us alll to the right path.

I have a quick question basically i follow grand ayatollah sistani and it's been announced that ayatollah sistani followers are starting ramadhan from the 14th the problem is i started fasting today with the niya of ramadhan which would mean that i would have kept an extra fast for the month of ramadhan, what should i do, can i change the niyya for my fast for the month of ramadhan to niyya for shaaban or what. I will carry on fasting inshallah but i don't know whether to keep the extra fast because that would make 31.

• Advanced Member

YOU FORGOT AYATOLLAH KHAMENAI!!!!! :o

anyway here it is

The office of Ayatollah Khamenei confirmed the sighting of the new moon on Wednesday 12th of September in Iran . However according to his ruling this is not sufficient for those Muslims living in Europe. Having had no confirmation of the new moon being sited in this region, the Islamic Centre of England considers today 13th of September 2007 as the last day of Shaban. The first of Ramadhan will be tomorrow Friday 14th of September 2007

• Advanced Member

I have a quick question basically i follow grand ayatollah sistani and it's been announced that ayatollah sistani followers are starting ramadhan from the 14th the problem is i started fasting today with the niya of ramadhan which would mean that i would have kept an extra fast for the month of ramadhan, what should i do, can i change the niyya for my fast for the month of ramadhan to niyya for shaaban or what. I will carry on fasting inshallah but i don't know whether to keep the extra fast because that would make 31.

AssalamU Alaikum

yes i did the same as there was some confusion at the beginning of the day

ok, if u have any qadha fasts ur fast will be counted as one of those, dispite ur niyyah of it being a fast 4 ramadhan and if u dont have any qadha fasts then it will be counted as a recommended fast despite the niyyah being that of a wajib fast of ramadhan

Conclusion: DONT BREAK UR FAST!!!:D

wassalam

• Advanced Member

There are reports of sighting from Houston (unconfirmed) so depending on where you live Northern US/Canada or Southern belt. Situation is still developing. 13th might be 1st of Ramadan for some people in the US following Ayatollah Sistani....

• Advanced Member

Sistani has stated that this is Friday for Iraq but in North america it is Thursday September 13. According to the representative of Ayatullah Sistani in North America, Sayed Baqir Al kashmiri of Los Angelos:

Announcement

Regarding the Crescent of the Holy Month of Ramadan

Dear Believers in North America,

We would like to inform you that tonight (Wednesday September 12th) after sunset due to cloudy skies we were unable to see the New Moon in Los Angeles. However, reliable believers from Huston were able to see the New Moon.

Thus, Thursday September 13th is the first day of the Holy Month of Ramadan in the southern region from Florida to southern California, cities sharing the same horizon and cities to the west that are close in latitude.

Attention:

Based on the verdict of his eminence Ayatollah Sistani, if the new moon is seen in one city then the arrival of the next month is proven for those living in that city, sharing its horizon, and all cities to its west (close to the same latitude). Therefore, when the crescent is seen in Los Angeles, it proves the beginning of the month for San Diego and Santa Barbara, but it doesn't prove the beginning of the month for Seattle.

However those individuals who are still following Ayatollah Sayyid Al-Khoie, based on his verdict for "Wahdat al Ofogh," when the crescent is seen in one place then all location that share the night-time will also enter the new month. Thus for the followers of Sayyid al-Khoie all of North America enters the Month of Ramadan.

We pray to Allah to accept al your prayers and deeds and hasten the return of the last Imam.

Sayyid M B Kashmiri

Taken from his website-

www.imam-us.org

Edited by Sukayna866