Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Pet Monkeys

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Salaam

I was wondering if we are allowed to keep monkeys as pets. Are they considered Najis? Even if they are najis, we can still keep them, right, as long as we don't get their hair on us, right?

I don't think I'll be getting a monkey anytime in the near future... But I see other people keep them as pets, and I was just wondering.

• Advanced Member

Why in the world would anyone want a pet monkey? Why not just have or adopt a child. A monkey will behave much like a child, but will never grow up. Plus unless you get it spayed or neutered, you will have a frustrated animal once it reaches adulthood. I just don't think its very kind to keep a wild animal as a pet. If they have been stolen from the wild, they should be rehabilitated and released if possible. If they can't be rehabilitated and released, they are better off in zoos or wild animal sanctuaries. Pets should come from those animals which have been domesticated for thousands of years, like cats, dogs, or chickens, for example.

I suppose, though, if you had a reason to keep a monkey - sometimes they are trained as service animals - that would be fine, and you would just need to be attentive to the najisat.

• Advanced Member

Did ya'll miss the part where I said I don't think I'll be getting one? lol... I only asked because on CNN the other day I saw a woman who owns two pet monkeys... I was just curious. I also believe it's cruel to keep wild animals as pets. But in some cultures I think it's been practised, like in India maybe during the Moghul era? Or maybe I'm just thinking about Disney's Alladin, I don't know....

^^ ah! Monkies used to be family members of Hindus not pet .. Didnt you ever watch their religious Drama where a monkey-humans like personality acts as their spirtual leader or saviour !!!

That's called i think ' Babuman ' like that.

anyway i suggest you dont' think so wild! OK ! ^_^

Edited by LOYAL
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Basic Members

(salam) i watched a documentary which showed a certain indigenous tribe in the Amazon and the custom among the old women was to have a pet monkey to hang out with and sleep with. also, as far as najas rulings on animals go, keep in mind even if an animal is najas that doesn't prohibit involvement with it or keeping it in the house just in the same way as many work professions that demand physical labor and cleaning involved najas things but that isn't prohibited. contact with najasah is not haram it merely means one needs to wash the affected area before prayer.

• 2 months later...
  • Advanced Member
Salaam

I was wondering if we are allowed to keep monkeys as pets. Are they considered Najis? Even if they are najis, we can still keep them, right, as long as we don't get their hair on us, right?

I don't think I'll be getting a monkey anytime in the near future... But I see other people keep them as pets, and I was just wondering.

OMGGGGGGG !

I want a pet monkey ! ! :wub:

I'd never be allowed :squeez:

But yeh i think it is allowed, and only dogs & pigs are considered najis like that.

Guest *~Mrs Power~*
Director said:

[Edit: Racist comment removed]

AND Yazeed ibn e moavia and ibn e zeyaad used to play with monkeys. i am sure you would not like to copy them

Yea thats right.. we're not suppose to keep a monkey as a pet, coz Yazeed kept it as a pet! Plus i heard they bring misfortune coz of being the beloved pet of that lanati yazeed! :angry:

Edited by Hameedeh
Edit
  • Advanced Member
Director said:

[Edit: Racist comment removed. ]

AND Yazeed ibn e moavia and ibn e zeyaad used to play with monkeys. i am sure you would not like to copy them

*~Mrs Power~* said:
Yea thats right.. we're not suppose to keep a monkey as a pet, coz Yazeed kept it as a pet! Plus i heard they bring misfortune coz of being the beloved pet of that lanati yazeed! :angry:

Ah... :unsure:

Perhaps i dont want a pet monkey :blush:

Edited by Hameedeh
Edit
  • 12 years later...
Guest Truth seeker

True..as brother @Director said..Yazeed ibn Mu'awiya (LA) used to entertain himself and play with monkeys...

But anyways, monkeys are weird pets (my opinion)..They're like another human in the house. Plus, they can be pretty dangerous as well:)

Hope everyone is safe and healthy during these times. May God keep all of us safe.

I pray that this pandemic end soon. God willing.

From me, a truth seeker.

• 3 months later...
  • Advanced Member
On 7/14/2020 at 1:13 PM, Anonymous-Male said:

The name of Yezid's special monkey was Abu Muflis. When Abu Muflis died, Yezid was so saddened that it was declared as national mourning time. 

ُThe actions and thoughts of Yazid are stupid, he is an idiot, it's laughable to see him make everyone mourn the death of a monkey, but if a person cries or shows empathy or sorrow for the grandson of Prophet Mohammad ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) he should be killed, jailed, ashamed, or whatever he did to the lovers of Ahl Al-Bayt. The fact there are people trying to defend his actions makes it worse. In this day and age, thinking that Yazid is a good person and trying to defend him is being just as stupid, you can look up the sins he's committed.