Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

• Advanced Member

^Of course they have.

It comes down to choice: if you want a computer which looks cheap upfront then go for PC but if you want a good computer which works then go for Mac. Many a times Mac prices have been lower than PC prices in a direct comparison.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Typical PC users. You just need to click to vote, you don't need to post a message just saying 'PC' ! Remember that as good Shia you should know that the majority can be wrong. :P Apple Rocks.

There is one aspect to the Mac vs. PC debate that people often overlook. If you have a problem with a Mac you contact Apple. Simple. It's their problem. When you have a problem with a PC, do you conta

• Advanced Member

I got an Apple iPod Nano 8GB. That's all I can afford from Apple's side :P. *shrugging* though after reading this,

iPod Nano Sparks Bedroom Fire

And the reason for getting it, I needed 8GB which at least one other player was offering that I could buy in Pakistan but its prices were not like the prices in International market so was expensive than the iPod Nano 8GB. Like it so far. There's a very slight LCD/Screen glitch in it which I can ignore...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • Advanced Member

The survey is incorrect and none of the people here seem to know what they're talking about. Time for some education:

1) A "PC" is a word used to refer to a computer for at home.

2) "Mac" is short for "Macintosh", an operating system.

3) The above two words are not in the same category, one is software ("mac"), the other is hardware ("PC").

In other words, a "Mac" operating system is installed on a PC or a Laptop... Now "Apple" is a company that releases this stuff. This is an Apple Laptop:

macbook.png

This is an Apple PC:

apple-imac-20.jpg

Internally these exactly the same things as any other average PC or laptop you come across with Windows or any other operating system. Now to answer your question as to what I prefer... I prefer Linux, which beats Mac at anything any time.

• 4 weeks later...

Am a mac fan since mid 80's and got first apple macintosh "classic" in 1988 I think. They are the creators of the real windows and using mouse .. While PC users were typing on their very unsexy Computers. Technologically speaking apple is better, that's the reason y most companies that deal with photos videos studios .. Use macs .. The clarity of the graphics are better & above all .. More user-friendly.

There is one other major reason y macs r better .. They r virtually immune to viruses ..

Anyway, don't work for them or anything .. Am just a user and used to fight with my friends because of thus topic years ago .. As a joke

But for work I use PC because everybody uses MS Office in business world (almost everybody)

Salam

• 2 months later...
  • Forum Administrators

I don't have an iPhone and I don't have an iPad either.

I bought an iPod touch (same look and feel as an iPhone, but can't make calls) for someone and needed to load some stuff onto it. To be honest I don't see the attraction.

I also have a phobia of paying more than US$15 a month in mobile phone charges and am scared that a smartphone will start receiving emails etc. My 3 year old Nokia just died and I am scrounging an ancient unused phone off a relative to replace it.

OTOH I had a play with a cousin's iPad and although I still can't really justify the expense, I think it is a very clever piece of kit.

Edited by Haji 2003
  • Banned

OTOH I had a play with a cousin's iPad and although I still can't really justify the expense, I think it is a very clever piece of kit.

there are much cheaper, much better alternates than the ifad. for example:

http://www.trustedreviews.com/Asus-Eee-Pad-Transformer_Laptop_review

it has a detachable keyboard so can be used either as a tablet pc or a proper laptop. im pretty sure the screen is bigger than the ifad as well.

• Advanced Member

Am a mac fan since mid 80's and got first apple macintosh "classic" in 1988 I think. They are the creators of the real windows and using mouse ..

Actually the creators of the graphic interface would be the engineers at Xerox PARC. Steve-y J. and the gang ripped off their work by gaming Xerox management into letting Apple send their own engineers to pore over Xerox PARC's system for days to take notes and ask questions about how it worked. And then Billy G. and his gang ripped off Steve-y and the gang's rip off to build Windows.

Business is great, isn't it?

Edited by kadhim

yes mac is def complicated

Yes, this can be true.

Mac all the way....

Aw thanks

I luv Mac wub.gif

I luv u 2 :wub:

MAC. :!!!:

ZAREEN! :!!!:

Am a mac fan since mid 80's

Um.. you knew me when I was a kid and you were a fan? That might be a little creepy...

There is one other major reason y macs r better .. They r virtually immune to viruses ..

Sadly not true, I have been known to fall ill on occasion.

Mac is for 14 year old girls

:realangery: I resent that!

BTW, who is this "PC"?

• Site Administrators

Yes, this can be true.

Aw thanks

I luv u 2 :wub:

ZAREEN! :!!!:

Um.. you knew me when I was a kid and you were a fan? That might be a little creepy...

Sadly not true, I have been known to fall ill on occasion.

:realangery: I resent that!

BTW, who is this "PC"?

LOL

bro, you actually DO have a sense of humor!

• Forum Administrators

There is one aspect to the Mac vs. PC debate that people often overlook.

If you have a problem with a Mac you contact Apple. Simple. It's their problem. When you have a problem with a PC, do you contact the hardware manufacturer, the software maker, the OS manufacturer or what?

Once I was working on a big project, abroad and had a problem connecting to the hotel wifi. So I phoned my employer's IT support people (because it was the employer's supplied Toshiba PC). They did not know what to do. BTW my Apple has never had any problems connecting to the same system.

I was stuffed.

A few weeks ago I was abroad on business and now using my own Apple. Suddenly the Mail application went haywire. I connected with Apple's (free) messenger service. The guy had me back up and running within an hour.

I think there are a lot of people like me who don't really care whether it is an Apple, a PC or a strawberry. We just want $hit that works and does what it is supposed to. Without us having to read a manual or go on a "training course". (My employer loves offering us those and I've never been on one).

Edited by Haji 2003
  • Advanced Member

I found macs to be more reliable than a PC. I have owned a macbook for more than two years and it has never crashed and it has 7 hours of battery life (which was something very important, since I'm on the road most of the time). I have also found that the salvage value of a mac is higher than that of a PC.

@Geek: your signature made my day. Now, I have to go and watch Transformers (the 80s one)

• Site Administrators

Am still a little confused by this question. 'Mac vs PC'

Ever since Apple switched its CPU to Intel, it BECAME a PC. That's why you can install Windows on it.

So it's like asking 'PC vs PC'.

What you should be asking is MacOS X vs Windows.

MacOS X has already been installed on 'PCs' http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/how-to-install-mac-os-x-on-a-pc-without-using-a-mac/

Which means, on an Intel Apple PC you can install MacOS X, Windows and Linux, and on a Intel Non-Apple PC you can also install MacOS X, Windows and Linux.

• Advanced Member

(salam)

Mac/Darwin is also Unix because it is based on BSD UNIX http://en.wikipedia....ating_system%29

Is Mac really a PC because it runs on Intel? What about all the Linux machines that runs on Intel? Anyway, everything is PC (Personal Computer)

But for work I use PC because everybody uses MS Office in business world (almost everybody)

There is MS Office for mac too.

There is one aspect to the Mac vs. PC debate that people often overlook.

If you have a problem with a Mac you contact Apple. Simple. It's their problem. When you have a problem with a PC, do you contact the hardware manufacturer, the software maker, the OS manufacturer or what?

I think there are a lot of people like me who don't really care whether it is an Apple, a PC or a strawberry. We just want $hit that works and does what it is supposed to. Without us having to read a manual or go on a "training course". (My employer loves offering us those and I've never been on one).

++

Their customer support is AAA. You walk into any apple store and they take care of everything.

Setting up wifi for mac is really painless. This reminds me of...

McDonalds Wi-Fi Guide. Windows VS Mac....

mcdonalds-wi-fi-guide-windows-vs-mac.jpeg?w=600&h=447

and post #90 is hilarious! And I know for a fact that mac has a mac. :shifty:

Edited by Zareen
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...