Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Jinnah House

Changed

• Advanced Member

3nat.gif

There's so much about this palatial house, what's your opinion about it?

Recently, Jinnah's only daughter moved to court about it?

When Indian Prime-minister asked through the Indian comissioner in Pakistan to Jinnah about the house he said in very emotional manner: You don't know how much I love Bombay, I've made that house brick by brick, ask Nehru not to break my heart............

What's your opinion about it?

20031107000407501.jpg

Jinnah along with Nehru

Jinnah_,dina_edited.jpg

Jinnah with his daughter Dina, with two doggies.

Edited by Mazher's

• Advanced Member

^It's Jinnah house in Mumbai, where he was living until he migrated to Pakistan. The house is worth about US $400 million.

Pakistani government wanted Indian government to sell or lease the house to Pakistan, but the latter never responded to the requests.

• Advanced Member

When asked from Jinnah about what to be done with the house, he informed that it must be given on rent for Rs. 3000 per month ( in those years) to some European or a refined Indian royal, the last tenants were the Britishers till 1980s, since then its vacant. Recently, Jinnah's daughter claimed it in court.

• Advanced Member

actually I recently a report on Jinnah house on one of the Indian channels, it was regarding the recent claim of Jinnah's daughter on the property.

The house itself was in a really bad state, Government of Pakistan has shown interest in the building, and wants to open up a consulate general in the building, but so far the Indian Government has not responded to the request......

• Advanced Member
but so far the Indian Government has not responded to the request......

and will continue to do so in the future too.

The building is in prime real estate in the middle of many important company headquarters and such. No way the govt will compromise security by having a Pak consulate/embassy there.