Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Prayer For Thursday

Rate this topic

• Basic Members

(salam)

I was on duas.org and came across some very effective prayers for thursday which provide much rewards for people praying them. I got really excited looking at the prayers because of the amount of sawab they have but i have a problem. I understand them as it states what to read in each rakat but what would the intention be when reading the thursday prayers for example if the prayer is six rakats should i say i am reading 6 rakat thursday prayer kurbatan ilallah. Also theres's a Prayer for Thursday evening so when i'm doing the intention do i state it's evening prayer.

I've also got another question regarding the thursday prayer and i was hoping if someone could help me. There's a prayer for Thursday evening which states In every rakat after Surah Hamd recite Ayatul Kursi and Surah Kafiroon once each and Surah Tawheed thrice. The question i have is you know in obligatory namazes in the second rakat after reciting Surah Tawheed you do Qunut, for this namaz do i have do do qunut fo each of the times i read Surah Tawheed in the second rakat which would mean 3 times or do i just say it once. For example starting from Surah Tawheed in the second rakat

Sura Ekhlas

Takbiratul-Ehram

Qunut

Takbiratul-Ehram

Sura Ekhlas

Takbiratul-Ehram

Qunut

Takbiratul-Ehram

Sura Ekhlas

Takbiratul-Ehram

Qunut

Takbiratul-Ehram

Ruku’e

Is this the procedure to pray in the second rakat of the namaz. Sorry about how long the questions are it's just that i get alot of doubts when i pray namaz and i want to get no doubts when praying.

salam)

Edited by TRAINED SOLDIER
  • Veteran Member

I was just reading it as well: http://duas.org/thursday.htm

6 rakah, I'm not sure if you can read them in sets of 2, 2 and 2. If that's the case then you can just read normal qunoot in 2nd rakat. After reading Surah Ikhlaas 3 times in a row then recite the qunoot. By the way, qunoot itself is not wajib however and it's a mustahab part of namaz.

Edited by Ali_Imran