Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Twilight Series

Rate this topic

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Salaam... I am like the only guy here who's read these books? Lol. The fourth one was lame, too much happy happy ending. The vampire concept and existence was the most interesting and compelling part

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

I stood in line with my sister for 14 hours straight twice in one week outside much music so she could see Rob who plays Edward Cullen. And my movie experience for the midnight screening wasn't bad, the crowd with us was sensible the minute anyone wanted to scream or do anything girls at the back row sitting with us would just start throwing stuff at them so it was pretty quiet just like any normal movie night

Edited by MummyDaddy
  • 1 month later...
  • Veteran Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

My 14-year-old sister is OBSESSED with Twilight... the book and the movie. She has pictures of Robert all over her room and a "Team Edward" t-shirt. :squeez:

Now my mum is reading it.

I don't get the hype.

salaamz,

I HATED the movie...and the characters that played each role. except esme& dr. cullen.

the others just looked wierd :Hijabi: they should just forget about making new moon :dry: no point... -_-

Finally someone that agrees with me. The girl that played Bella in the movie was terrible. She was to ugly for the role, and sounds like a fat guy when she gets mad. The movie is just ugly to watch.

Ali Mahdi, I know girls that are 25-40 years old that are obsessed with this Twilight disease. It disgusts me.

Edited by Sally
  • Advanced Member

WOWWW shia Twilighters.. NICE :D

Okay, I have many problems with this movie:

1. I wanted to rip the hair out of the girl who played Bella. HER VOICE WAS VERY IRRITATING, and I did not like her narration the least bit

2. I imagined Rosalie to be more mean to Bella like she was in the novel

3. THAT was Jacob? He put me off completely. How can people be team Jacob? It boggles my mind :blink:

4. I felt that the love story was too rushed and unnatural

5. The screaming fans ruined the entire experience for me. Girls can be so stupid sometimes lol

6. It kind of dragged. I was pretty much waiting for it to end

---------

I have skimmed through the second book and I feel there is no need to make the film if the character of Edward Cullen is not in it for 85% of the book. Plus, trying to read through New Moon was extremely challenging.

1. I wanted to rip the hair out of the girl who played Bella. HER VOICE WAS VERY IRRITATING, and I did not like her narration the least bit

Agree 100%, the most disgusting voice ever. As I said, she sounded like a fat guy when she would get mad and shout (review the hospital scene with Edward).

Rosalie looked like a prostitute. She's a typical [Edited Out].

5. The screaming fans ruined the entire experience for me. Girls can be so stupid sometimes lol

Most of the time.

• Advanced Member
Most of the time.

^Okay that is pushing it :P

Did anyone else despise New Moon? It was SO bad! I am very upset at myself for having spend money on that garbage. On the flipside I got to read Midnight Sun online and I like it better than Twilight!! It's incomplete but soooo much more wit now that it's from Edward's point of view. I think Meyer should have gotten the character of Edward to narrate all four books.

• Advanced Member
Finally someone that agrees with me. The girl that played Bella in the movie was terrible. She was to ugly for the role, and sounds like a fat guy when she gets mad. The movie is just ugly to watch.

lool..she kept the same facial expression throughout the whole movie. Bella and Edward they both did :dry: i mean an actress that didnt have lots of experience would have done better :dry:

lool i know right! and she kept talkin in a low voice :blink:

and rosalie...the scene in the kitchen...she did not look one bit mean :rolleyes:

*sighs*

I am like the only guy here who's read these books? Lol.

The fourth one was lame, too much happy happy ending.

The vampire concept and existence was the most interesting and compelling part of these books

lool you're not..there are plenty...its also a guys book.

Edited by Ashke-Zahra*
  • Advanced Member
lool..she kept the same facial expression throughout the whole movie. Bella and Edward they both did :dry: i mean an actress that didnt have lots of experience would have done better :dry:

Ditto. There was absolutely no emotion! It was especially awkward between Bella and Edward. erg! But I think they did a good job with Jacobs part. And what was with that lullaby.. it was awful!

• Advanced Member

I reckon making a movie of it was completely for the money it would bring in. The film isn't even half as good as the book is... i'm just going to read the books and not bother watching the movie.

And sorry to break it to ya girlies - Cullen doesn't even look good in this film, however in HP - now that's a different story :P

• 4 years later...
  • Advanced Member

read the first three books and half of the fourth before giving up! each book got progressively

worse...the first one was quite good in a 'good easy read' kind of way and was a romantic love story

the movies were good turn-your-brains-off fun and i enjoyed them. the caste were beautiful which helped

especially kristen stewart who looked ethereally beautiful at times...she is naturally beautiful anyway but all

the special lighting, make-up etc. made her look supernaturally gorgeous at times...

i did like the great battle at the end of breaking dawn 2.

--

of course, the whole series is a thinly veiled propaganda piece promoting abstinence.

and vampire stories -- who wouldn't want to be eternally young and beautiful and live with kristen stewart

for ever and never die or get sick and have superpowers?! -- are just a metaphor for the age-old human

desire for eternal life and fear of death.

the anne rice vampire novels are much better literature [stephanie meyer is hardly literature!]

and the two best vampire books i recommend are Let the Right One In by John Lindqvist (a Swedish novel

translated into English) and, for a real mind-bending ubercool read, Lost Souls by Poppy Z Brite.

The former has been made into two wonderful movies, the first one is considered by many critics the greatest

vampire movie of all time. (and its US remake was also excellent.)