Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Namaz-e-shukr

Rate this topic

• Basic Members

Assalamoalaikum!

Can someone tell me what namaz-e-shukr is and how you read it, including the niyat and what you say in each rakat. I came accross a website which has some effective duaas as i am looking for some duaas because i have my driving test this Friday and am really worried about failing and one of the websites stated that i should recite this duaa 100 times, preferably on Thursday, after praying 2 rakat salat, and 15 durood (salawat) before and at the end of this dua'a, and beseech the almighty Allah to fulfill your legitimate desires, wants and needs.

BISMILLAAHIR RAHMAANIR RAHEEM

ELAAHI KAYFA AD'OOKA WA ANAA ANAA WA KAYFA AQTA-O’ RAJAAEE MINKA WA ANTA ANTA ELAAHI IZ LAM AS-ALOKA FA-TOO-TEENEE FAMAN ZAL-LAZEE AS-ALOHU FAYO’TEENEE ELAAHI IZ LAM AD-OO’KA FA-TASTAJEEBO LEE FAMAN ZAL LAZEE AD-OO’HO FA YASTAJEEBO LEE ELAAHI IZ LAM ATAZARRA’ ELAYKA FA TARHAMONI FAMAN ZAL LAZEE ATAZARRA-O’ ELAYHE FA YARHAMONEE ELAAHI FAKAMAA FALAQTAL BAHRA LE MOOSAA A’LAYHIS SALAAMO WA NAJJAYTAHU AS-ALOKA AN TOSALLE A’LAA MOHAMMADIN WA AALE MOHAMMADIN WA AN TONAJJEYANEE MIMMAA ANAA FEEHE WA TAFARREJA A’NNEE FARAJAN A’AAJELAN GHAIRA AAJELIN BE FAZLEKA WA BE RAHMATEKA YAA ARHAMAR RAAHEMEEN.

Know i'm not sure but when it says two rakat salat does it mean fujr salat or namaz-e-shukr if so how do i read it. And also if someone can clarify what time i should read the 2 rakat salat and dua for example in the morning, afternoon or magrib.

Wassalamu alaikum wr wb.

• Advanced Member

(salam)

Salat alshukr is a 2 rakat salat similar to fajr salat in which you would read AlHamd and Surah Ikhlas in the first raka'a and AlHamd and surah kafiroon in the second raka'a. In the ruko' and sujood of the first raka'a instead of Subhana rabbialadheem/alaa wa bihamdihi u would read SubhanAllahi wa shukran wa hamdan in each and in the second ruka'a you would replace this with SubhanAllah-histajaaba du'aee wa ataane masalati. You would use it to thank Allah SWT i.e if I wanted to win the lottery (bad example but I'm not feeling very creative right now) I would say Ya Allah, if I win the lottery I will read 2 rakat salat al shukr and then when I do win the lottery I would pray this salat. Or just generally to thank Allah.

The amaal that you have mentioned: the 2 rakat salat in that would be read like fajr salat but I would use the niyyah of haajat and if I were reading it for myself I would read on Thursday evening between maghrib and isha.

Best of luck with your driving test inshaAllah hope you pass.

Ma'salam and iltemaas-e-dua.

Oh p.s, I'm not a scholar but I do read these types of salaat for haajat so that's how I know of them and also I have read these things in tohfatul awam (not sure what the arabic version would be called)

• Advanced Member

The Thursday amal what u r talking about is very very effective for fulfillment of needs.

http://duas.org/kadooka.htm

InshaAllah you'll be successful.

By the way, cyShah ans sukayna do u have any link to namaze shukr? Please provide me one.

• Basic Members

Assalamoalaikum

Thank you so much for the replies but i'm still confused about the type of namaz i have to read for the amaal mentioned. Do i Pray 2 raka’t Namaz-e-Haajat and what would the niyat be and also CyShah would you be able to clarify to me in namaz-e- haajat what would i read, would it be the same as you stated for namaz-e-shukr. Like shown below.

read AlHamd and Surah Ikhlas in the first raka'a and AlHamd and surah kafiroon in the second raka'a. In the ruko' and sujood of the first raka'a instead of Subhana rabbialadheem/alaa wa bihamdihi u would read SubhanAllahi wa shukran wa hamdan in each and in the second ruka'a you would replace this with SubhanAllah-histajaaba du'aee wa ataane masalati.

And would this be the correct way to pray namaz-e-hajat.

Wassalamu alaikum wr wb.