Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Fajr Salaat

Rate this topic

• Basic Members

Salaam

I've got a question about the niyat for reading fajr namaz. I used to read fajr namaz but i've stopped and i want to start again but i can't remember what the niyat is and i've heard that it's different from reading the other namazes for example when reading fajr salaat your meant to say wajib and then something else. I don't know myself and i want to start praying in the mornings so is there anyone that can help me on this matter.

Salaam

I've got a question about the niyat for reading fajr namaz. I used to read fajr namaz but i've stopped and i want to start again but i can't remember what the niyat is and i've heard that it's different from reading the other namazes for example when reading fajr salaat your meant to say wajib and then something else. I don't know myself and i want to start praying in the mornings so is there anyone that can help me on this matter.

Niyyat simply means that you intend to do (and be aware of) what you're doing and that you're doing it for the sake of compliance to the commands of Allah (as opposed to doing it to show off to others for instance). So, as an example if someone took a shower and just happened to follow the sequence of a ritual ghusl, it won't count as an actual ghusl (such as for janaba) unless that's what the person was intending to do. In the case of fajr salat, it just means you be conscious of the that you are doing fajr salat, that is the two rak`at wajib prayer during the time of fajr. There isn't a specific "formula" you have to mentally or audibly recite prior to performing said act, in terms of the niyyat part that is.

See here for some more details:

http://al-islam.org/laws/rulesofnamaaz2.html#952

As to the prayers you've missed, you need to do the qada for them:

http://al-islam.org/laws/musafir.html#1379