Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

The Wahabi Strikes Again

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

(salam)

Peace and blessings of Allah be upon our beloved and dear Prophet Muhammad (saw) and his holy pure Progeny and may Allah hasten the reapperance of Imam Zamaan (as).

Okay, so in Islam we are allowed to marry upto four wives (though I dont see the need for that many wives anyway), and anyone who knows me personally would know that I, too, have three most precious and light of my eyes women: my mother, my sister and my niece (and Insha Allah my wife in the future, would complete that list of four whoever she turns out to be).

My sister and her family were staying with us the last two weeks and as usual, her eldest daughter sleeps with me as I tell her bed time stories and have her sleep on my chest. Now the this situation here is that I tell my princess stories about the Ahlulbayt (as). Now keep in mind her father, my brother-in-law is a hardcore wahabi and very anti-Shia. So finaly when their vocation time ended and it was time to go back home, all the girls were talking about was Imam Hussayn (as), Imam Hussayn (as), Imam Ali (as), etc.

I was amazed and shocked at the same time when yesterday, after I came back from work and mom told me our brother-in-law made a complaint against me n my bro. I was shocked because He was very fearful of his children mentioning those holy names. He was too terrified and scared. He said he could not take it anymore. I was amazed because the children actually go to an Islamic school but they never talk about anything they learn. But when I told them the stories of Ahlulbayt (as), it stayed and remained right in thier hearts. It touched them for my niece kept on saying that "uncle, Imam Ali is great." after every story.

So now I want to ask you, as this has happened to me before as well when they told me not to teach my younger cousin such things about Ahlulbayt (as) and Shiasm, what would you do or have done or say in this situation? I honestly do not want to cause any problems for my extremely beloved sister, but I cant stand not telling the truth to people, especially when it benefits them. So shed some lights on this please and Allah bless you all. :)

waslaaam

fi amanillah

• Advanced Member

Feel free not to answer this; but if he's so anti-shia then why did he marry your sister? and why did your sister accept him?

about the issue at hand, i say it's best to talk to your brother-in-law and find out exactly why he's so scared.

Edited by S.H.Rizvi
  • Banned

bro why did ur sister marry a wahabbi? how did that work out in the first place? :wacko:

ask ur bro in law what the problem is with ur niece talkin about the ahle bayt (as), try and speak with him on a level, maybe he will come round?

• Advanced Member

(salam)

Okay it is my fault. maybe I should have been clearer to begin with. My whole enitre family is Anti-Shia, except for a handful. Few of them accept us, but majority can not stand us. alhamdulillah I am prould to be a follower of Ahlulbayt (as). My famiy is sunni (shafici) and my mother married her daughter off to that wahabi. Was not inmy control. So thats why.

Jalal, believe me, I do respect him cause he is the father of my adorable nieces and nephew. However, I see nothing wrong with me teling my beloved ones bout my Beloved Ones (as). Understand? :)

• Advanced Member

No I don't as father I can understand what he means. you are trying to judge the truth in your message I am not arguing with that what I am saying is you should not be telling your niece especially story while they are young that will upset father. Again it would be like me telling Christian child that Jesus is not God when they are young and in parents house . You should be careful what you say to them is all I mean . Maybe stick to stories about prophet(Pbuh) .

• Advanced Member

I see and understand Jalal. But you do relise though though I did not open up some sort of a dialogue for them andmyself, right? I mean I was just teelling them stories. I did not tell them such and such was bad and u should follow Imam Ali (as). Or Imam was rightful succussor to the Prophet (as). Simply telling them beautiful stories about our Imamas (as). :)

And Rizvi, it is obvious why the father doesn't want me to tell them about Ahlulbayt (as). He is anti for one. And secondly, the truth scares him. Period. I think I will talk to my sister first and then we'll see what happens.

waslaaam

fi amanillah

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

(salam)

You are in a tough situation brother. You are stuck between love and respect for family and your religion and intellectuality. Dam that is tough. First thing I want to clear up is that your niece and nephew's father has done injustice his his children by withholding useful knowledge from them. I am sorry to tell you this but in the judgment day his children will complain to God from him and his guilty of this sin.

And now your problem. You are required to respect your family members and obey your parent at all times, but not if that makes you do something against the command of God. I hope you agree with me on this. What you did to your niece was called "Amr-Bil-Ma'rūf" (Call to good deed). Your story encourages those children to think about the good actions of other people. What you did is by no mean wrong. You did not encourage them to become shia and you have nothing to worry about.

Just talk to your brother in law and fix thing up.

I personally an extremist in this situations because I hate people that withhold knowledge from their children. I would first talk to these people and If they do not see reason and logic then I would just stop talking (or just hello and Good bye) to these people and that is it. I knew a man I talk to sometimes and when he became a Christian over some stupid and lame reason, I just stop talking to him. But please do not listen to this advice. It is always better to talk and pach thing up.

• Advanced Member

(salam)

Thank you for your advice mshoari. You know yesterday, my neice calls me and says to me, "uncle I miss your stories and sleeping on your chest." I was caught off gaurd. I hesitatad and at first did not knwo what to say to her. then I just told her, "sweety, I will tell you more stories and we'll sleep together agian we come and visit you or you come visit us."

But the thing, I doubt he will allow my sister and her children to visit her again, at least not as much. Believe me, I know how he operates. I have lived with him for two years as his bro-in-law. In Somali, it is a big thing to respect your in-laws, but he shows no respect to us obviously. And I swear I only am nice to him becuase of my sister and my neices and nephew, whom are like my own children.

But is all good. It is all part of life. I am used to this type of behaviour from family anyway. This is the price you pay when you choose to follow the School of Ahlulbayt (as) and believe me, it is all worth it. :):):)

wasalaam

fia amanillah