Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Younis212

Do U Watch Holly Wood Movies ?

Rate this topic

(salam)

is it haram to watch hollywood movies now that its getting really dirty and stuff

I mean its brain washing us making gay poeple sound normal

and all these other kinds

and its making fun of us sometiems

on the planes and stuff in comedy movies its all cuz of the poeple that setted a bad example to islam dont you think ?

Al Qaeda

Osama Bin laden

I don't think it would be haraam unless the movie contains indecent scenes. I guess it's alright to watch movies as long as you know you won't be influenced in the long run. Hollywood is controlled by the Zionists ;) so don't expect a good image of Islam in there.

haha Its kind Of annoying

i Wish I did A Hollywoord Hahhaa

Id call it ArabWood =D and the whole base of that company is making fun of america and isreal * movies *

MUAAAHAHAHAH!! :shaytan:

Be specific about a movie you have seen recently (a Hollywood movie only, as you said) instead of a TV show, those of us not in Britain wont really know about "Little Britain" but a movie will have a larger world wide audience. Name the movie!

Bah Bollywood? Worst movie industry in the world. They just try to knock off American films and the quality of the acting is at maximum 50% of American movies (not saying the acting is good in either, but if I had to choose which movie would have better acting before seeing it, experience would dictate the American one would be better)

P.S. Younis212, you never told us specifically which movie(s) you saw that brainwashed you to like gay people...

(salam)

is it haram to watch hollywood movies now that its getting really dirty and stuff

I mean its brain washing us making gay poeple sound normal

and all these other kinds

and its making fun of us sometiems

on the planes and stuff in comedy movies its all cuz of the poeple that setted a bad example to islam dont you think ?

Al Qaeda

Osama Bin laden

(salam)

Haram or halal, there isn't anything worth watching in Hollywood and Bollywood movies these days. My elders tell me of a time when there really some good good movies produced in either centre.

Personally I am not much of a movie buff. I'd rfather watch a documentary than a movie.

Wasalam

I would be more concerned with what you are watching on television on a regular basis. IMO, there is nothing influencing people more negatively than the propaganda we are fed in the media.

400bushsheepzl6.jpg

I would be more concerned with what you are watching on television on a regular basis. IMO, there is nothing influencing people more negatively than the propaganda we are fed in the media.

Very correct. Its pernicious.

All hollywood movies ain't bad. Some are really clean and nice. Any media these days is corrupted by the way. In hollywood movies, I still see some choice between good and bad movies, many other film industries (esp. Bollywood) usually do not give much of that choice.....

Why must we kno if the littlest things in life are haram i mean check out the movie if it has some bad parts just dont watch it or close ur ears or eyes it dosent matter as long as ur not going to commit wat u see yaa some might get influenced but only the ignorant its ok evrybody loves t.v. u kno

i wouldnt recommend modern entertainment as all shows and movies mostly have music and women without hijab and showing their shapes off alot and men showing their bodies these are harmful for momin's eyes. and when we have the power to turn the tv on i think we have the power to stop this negative image of our brothers and sisters on Tv.

it is spiritually dangerous to watch movies that propagate a false ideology b/c it is subconsciously implanting that ideology into our minds. if u do watch, u need to be a critical observer and always question what u r seeing. the effect of mass media is definitely not a "little thing". unless a movie or TV show is really quality and has some deeper meaning, i don't watch it.

Salam!

I like a nice horror movie.Like those from Stephen King,Amityville horror,The exorcist,the exorcism of emily rose,Poltergeist etc etc.At least there are not much sex in those kind of movies.Alhamdulillah.

(salam)

Check out the ratings and the show/film summary, and you will know if it contains elements that will disgust/brainwash you. In American television and film, the conservative Christians have done a great job with implementing and enforcing (through government) wonderful in-depth rating systems. You will see them everywhere (on game shows, tv dramas, films, even documentaries). Too bad we actually need them though. However, this may actually be true for most film industries, whether they be Hollywood/Bollywood/Cannes/ or-whereever. I remember watching Ali Zaoua. I thought, being produced and filmed in Morocco, somehow it would automatically be appropriate. A scene flashed that was quite unexpected, and my husband fumbled for the remote for fast-forwarding! That was truly unexpected. Elements exists almost everywhere.

Otherwise, perhaps it is a good idea to preoccupy time with more scholarly and spiritually-nourishing pursuits. I guess this is true for any entertaining pastime though - including quilting, video games, or even the internet, I guess; Allahu alim.

wasalaam

Edited by Muslimah_IBe

i wouldnt recommend modern entertainment as all shows and movies mostly have music and women without hijab and showing their shapes off alot and men showing their bodies these are harmful for momin's eyes. and when we have the power to turn the tv on i think we have the power to stop this negative image of our brothers and sisters on Tv.

Gd Point

Whatever the ratings, every Hollywood movie includes a girl that doesn't wear decent dresses ( according to Islamic standards) Even a sleeveless shirt and shorts would be considered vulgar and vile. Not to mention the hugs and handshakes that abound in even kids movies.

So yeah, every Muslim who watches Hollywood movies is doing harram.

^ In that case, newscasts, television commercials, documentaries, game shows, bollywood, BBC, internet advertisements, and intentionally walking down any "Western" metropolitan street should be included.

Edited by Muslimah_IBe