Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Wait..sunnis Also Say "ya Ali"

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

(salam)

I was listening to a lecture by a Sunni Scholar and in the beginning when they were doing salawat, they ended with "Naray Hadri, Ya Ali".

. Whats going on here? Did i miss a memo? Me is confused

The Scholar was Shiek Muhammad Al-Yaqoubi.

• Veteran Member
And why is this shocking?

We also say ya Abu Bakr or ya Umar or ya Hassan, ya Hussayn, ya Abd-al Qadir etc...

Wassalaam

Why do you say Ya Abu Bakr or Ya Umar? We say Ya Ali to ask for his intercession. I'm curious as to why someone would call out Ya Abu Bakr? Is it in praise of him? Because he surely is not going to intercede.

• Advanced Member
Why do you say Ya Abu Bakr or Ya Umar? We say Ya Ali to ask for his intercession. I'm curious as to why someone would call out Ya Abu Bakr? Is it in praise of him? Because he surely is not going to intercede.

The same reason why you say ya Ali. They are [to the sunni's] amongst the closest of the companions and the greatest of people after the prophets and messengers of Allah (as).

I wouldn't expect a shia to agree with that so lets not continue with this any further? :Hijabi:

Wassalaam

Edited by Aashiq e Rasul
  • Advanced Member

(salam)

Indeed SunniPath.com allows Tassawuf, so does the vast majority except the Wahhabiyya.

The Sunni Imam Malik said that the one who studies Fiqh but does not study Tassawuf, he(his deen, his heart etc) will be corrupted. And that the one who studies Tassawuf but not Fiqh, he will be a heretic. Anyone who calls himself a Sunni and disrespect the Sufiyya are disrespecting their Imams. Just as the Sunni Imam Abu Hanifa said that if he wouldn't have studied under al-Imam Ja'far al-Saadiq:as; he would have starved. And the narrator said that he was indicating to the Spiritual Knowledge he gained from Imam Ja'far:as;. The Sunni Imam ash-Shafi'i said that the Sufiyya are the best of people and that it was from them that he learned how to dress, how to eat, and good manners. Imam ash-Shafi'i also said,

"Whoever wants Allah to open his heart and provide him with knowledge must go into seclusion, eat little food and not mix with either fools or those of the people of knowledge who have neither justice nor adab."

So the Sunni who blame people for practicing Tassawuf is disrespecting the Sunni Imams.

And also Hasan al-Basri was a great Sufi, and his line comes from al-Imam 'Ali:as;, just as all the big Sufi Tariqahs except for the Naqshabandi order, which comes from Abi Bakr.

• Advanced Member
(salam)

I was listening to a lecture by a Sunni Scholar and in the beginning when they were doing salawat, they ended with "Naray Hadri, Ya Ali".

He might be a Sufi!!!!

• Advanced Member
double a3oothubillah

shia's would never say ya abu bakr or ya 'umar

astaghfirullah

^that just had to be said lol

ASTAGHFIRULLAH. LOLLL How do you get help from Abu Bak'r, whom in his will and testament pretty much admitted he was wrong... Don't even get me started with Umar, I won't be able to stop.

^I have to triple the honesty.

- Mansab

• Advanced Member

(salam) wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh,

Yes Sunni's do say 'Naare Haideri' and then 'Ya 'Ali'. However they also say 'Naare Tahkeek' and the reply is 'Haqq chaar yaar' and they also say 'Shaane siddeeq e akbar' (i.e. abu bakr) and the reply is 'zindabad'.

May Allah s.w.t. protect us all.

• Advanced Member

Ya Saahib al 'asri waz zamaan 'alaykas salaam Madad,

It's the wahabbi's that don't allow tawassul. The majority of Sunni's allow it, it's only the Deobandi Dunni's that don't.

Edited by YaAhlulBayt
  • Forum Administrators
It's the wahabbi's that don't allow tawassul. The majority of Sunni's allow it, it's only the Deobandi Dunni's that don't.

I don't know about this. The vast majority of Sunnis I know (and my Sunni family) have never called on anyone other than Allah. And I know Sunnis from very many origins.

• Advanced Member

Bro Qa'im i used to be Sunni, i know about this :). The ones you know are most likely Deobandi Sunni's. They are a minority of Sunni's and don't allow it. The majority of Sunni's are what are known as Braelwi's and they definitely allow it and encourage it. Bro Aashiq, why not in poetry or manqabaats? I'm sure i've heard tawassul in Imaam Ahmad Raza Khans naats etc.

Edited by YaAhlulBayt
  • Basic Members
(salam)

SHIRK SHIRK SHIRK

WE SAY ONLY: YA Allah MADAD,YA RABB MADAD,YA RAHIM MADAD,YA ILAHI MADAD.

NO YA MUHAMMAD AL RASUL S.A.W,NO YA UMAR,NO YA ABU BAKR AND NO YA ALI.