Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Something I Dont Get..

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

salam alaikum,

what confuses me is that although the Ummaya Dynasty (la) rejected the wilaayat of AhlulBayt (as), how is it that that today's muslims are predominantly sunni considering after the Ummaya Dynasty (la: who didn't accept the wilaayat of AhlulBayt) it was the Abbasid Dynasty (la) who did accept the wilaayat of AhlulBayt.

have i missed something??

• Advanced Member
salam alaikum,

what confuses me is that although the Ummaya Dynasty (la) rejected the wilaayat of AhlulBayt (as), how is it that that today's muslims are predominantly sunni considering after the Ummaya Dynasty (la: who didn't accept the wilaayat of AhlulBayt) it was the Abbasid Dynasty (la) who did accept the wilaayat of AhlulBayt.

Read "An Introduction of Shia Islam" by Moojan Momen

Abbasid also rejected the wilaayat of Ahlulbayt (as) .I myself (after reading historical books) have come to the conclusion that there were three type of people in the time of Umayyad and Abbasids. they were shia, sunni and uninformed (didnot know whats happening). There is a very good evidence that shows there use to be more shias than sunnis butthe trasnformation is not clear how it happens. The about book talks about it and it has been done from an unbias source so it is good and reliable.

• Site Administrators
sorry bro, not sure wat ure pointing me to.
I think you're getting mixed up between the Abbasides and the people that they ruled over. The Abbas dynasty claimed their right for Islamic rulership was based on the fact that their forefather was Rasool (sawa) through Rasool's uncle Abbas. In the movie (and no doubt mentioned in Imam Ridha's (as) biography) Imam Ridha (as) forces Haroon (la) into a corner saying, (non-verbatim) "if you claim the caliphate is based on progeny, than none but the direct descendants of the prophet (from which i am from) have rights over the caliphate, for you are a descendant of Abbas". The Abbasiyyeh chose to adopt Sunni Islam as their official religious code as their former argument was nullified. Perhaps i'm confused by what it is exactly you're asking, you'd probably find the answer here though http://www.al-islam.org/kaaba14/11.htm

ws

• Advanced Member

The Abbasid dynasty did not accept the wilayat of Ahlul Bayt (A) but they fought for the caliphate on the basis of 'right of Ahlul Bayt (A)' ie. by deceiving people.

It was all a part of political strategy. It was their way of picking up Shi'a and then massacring them.

• Advanced Member
mshoari, bro/sis do u hav a link for that book.

and does it explain it coz u seem to say it still leaves it a mystery.

(salam)

I am sorry brother. I have not found it online. But I have read it from my university. You should check your library. All I can say it is worth searchig for it all around the city. It is very informative book.

The writer talks about some possibilities but at the end says that it is actually a mistrey which one was the prime factor.

And I am A man.

Mohammadreza Shoari

Edited by mshoari
  • Advanced Member
salam alaikum,

The accursed Abbasides were as big - if not bigger - usurpers as the accursed Umayyads. Not only did they not accept the vicegerency (wilayah) of AhlulBayt (as) and usurped what rightfully belonged to the AhlulBayt (as) , but also caused the martyrdom of six of our Imams (as) and created conditions in which the Imam al-Asr (af) had to go into occultation.

• Advanced Member

Thanx heaps Ya Aba, Spizo, mshoari and Abuzar.

i always thought the Abbasids accepted the wilaayat but i was mistaken.

ur responses makes sense.

maybe i should rewatch Imam Ridha's movie with english translation as my farsi and urdu aint too great.

so can someone point me n preacher to the right direction??

La'natullah 'alal qawmi dhaalameen.

• Advanced Member
Thanx heaps Ya Aba, Spizo, mshoari and Abuzar.

i always thought the Abbasids accepted the wilaayat but i was mistaken.

ur responses makes sense.

maybe i should rewatch Imam Ridha's movie with english translation as my farsi and urdu aint too great.

so can someone point me n preacher to the right direction??

La'natullah 'alal qawmi dhaalameen.

Well you can search video google.

video.google.com