Sign in to follow this  
barbi786

Matham A Protest?

Rate this topic

I feel that matham is a PROTEST to remind and alert all muslims of the barbaric and evil acts that were carried out

against the family of the Prophet (pbuh)&hf.

As shia the followers of The Prophet (pbuh)&hf could not physically be at the tragic events of Karbala.

Shia protest in unity (Jaloos) by doing matham.

Matham tells a sad story no words are required.

Matham speaks volume.

Matham makes me want to be at Karbala.

SEEK THE TRUTH AND YOU SHALL FIND :)

SUPERB bro mashallah

matam....is an undying shout of protest that started when maula hussain uttered the words "is there anyone who can help me" on the burning sands of karbala 1400 years ago which echoed from every corner of earth, a protest which his true followers began from that day, when the skies wept blood and angels fell to earth in grief, to the final day, when he will be avenged.

we are the followers the prophet (pbuh) prophesised, the people who will keep his story alive until qiyaamat, we will continue to take to the streets and tell the world without fear or intimidation. it is a message which is OUR responsibility to carry.

the first person to do matam of karbalah was the wife of yazeed

when yazeed saw the head of Syed us Shuadah Hazrat Imam Hussain (ra) he said what hav you done and then he put soil in his head

a long time ago i heard a story about matam, i am not sure of the autheticity but still i herad it a long time ago

there were two dua's on karbla which were made by Bibi Zainab (ra) and imam zain ul aabadien (ra)

there are

Ya Allah the hypocartes which turned baks to us and ran away must punish them selves (do the matam) till the judgment day.

second was

YA Allah my hands must not get tired until blood runs through the streets of kufah

then their was rain on kufah so that the blood should flow in the streets as their was a possibility that no one is left to fulfil the dua of bibi zainab (ra)

as far as matam and self beating is concerned i hav seen two good topics on this forum

the first person to do matam of karbalah was the wife of yazeed

when yazeed saw the head of Syed us Shuadah Hazrat Imam Hussain (ra) he said what hav you done and then he put soil in his head

a long time ago i heard a story about matam, i am not sure of the autheticity but still i herad it a long time ago

there were two dua's on karbla which were made by Bibi Zainab (ra) and imam zain ul aabadien (ra)

there are

Ya Allah the hypocartes which turned baks to us and ran away must punish them selves (do the matam) till the judgment day.

Do you really beleive Yazeed's wife would do matam. To this day do you see any of the hypocrite people who respect/love Yazeed to do matam if only you could hear yourself. Please do not come up with stories which make no sense.

Hypocrites hate matam. They hate the events of Karabla to be remembered. These stories are made up to make the true followers of Ahlul byat look like the culprits. Bibi Zainab (as) did make a dua:

Bibi ki dua hey logo, Bibi ki Dua hey logo

Aua Matham kerhe, khum-e-shabir me do ansu baho logo.

This matham/ azadari is only done by true lovers and followers of Ahlul byat and not hypocrites. Hypocrites only make up stories to deter you from the true path.

Edited by barbi786

^ Yazeed's (LA) wife was a lover of Ahlul Bayt (as) (a good woman married to an evil man, sort of like the case of Asiya (as) married to Firaon (LA)). Also Yazeed's (LA) son, Muawiya II was a lover of ahlul bayt (at least to a degree, not sure the depth of that love), and was killed for his belief that the throne of caliphate should be returned to Ahlul Bayt (as). this was discussed a few years ago in majlis in Seattle during muharram, it was really interesting and informative, mashallah.

Thank you that is so interesting.

Mashallah how the lovers of Ahlul Byat are found everywhere even where you least expect them. :)

not sure which of these that info might be in, but here's a list of references Dr. Datoo used in his speeches that Muharram

A probe Into the History of Ashura

Ibrahim Ayati

Islamic Seminary publications, 1984

0-941724-41-7

Tragedy Of Karbala

Mohmmad Zainul Abedin Rizvi

On the Altar Of truth

Peermohamed Ebrahim Trust, 1972

Imam Hussein And The day Of Ashura

al-Balagh Foundation, Iran, 1992

Kerbala And Beyond

Yasin T al-Jibouri

Ansariyan Publications, 1999

The Mission Of Imam Husain

Muhammad Yazdi

Iran, 1987

Towards Karbala

Ayatollah Mohammad yazdi

Asian Publishers

Husain – The Saviour Of Islam

S V Mir Ahmed Ali

Ansariyan Publications, 1991

Imam Husayn – The Saviour Of Islam

Sayyid Muhammad Rizvi

Canada, 1984

The Tragedy Of Karbala

Syed Mohsin Naquvi

New Jersey, 1992

The Martyr for Mankind

Allamah Ali Naqi Naqvi

Muhammadi Trust, 1986

The Caliphate of Yazid b Muawiyah

Tabari

Volume XIX, SUNY, 1990

0-7914-0041-7

^^^^^^^^^^

who told u that matam is bandagi???????????????????

Bibi ki dua hey logo, Bibi ki Dua hey logo

Aua Matham kerhe, khum-e-shabir me do ansu baho logo.

which imam (ra) acted upon the dua of bibi, from imam zain (ra) to the last one?

Hypocrites hate matam. They hate the events of Karabla to be remembered. These stories are made up to make the true followers of Ahlul byat look like the culprits.

oh really where were these true followers on the day of karbala??????????

and if they were not there form where they have come now??????????

no one was there, the hypocrates they first wrote letters to imam Hussain (ra) and gave him the ba'it then they betrayed as they did betray imam Hassan (ra) and Imam Ali bin abi talib (ra) earlier?

Agha Muhammad ibn Mehdi al-Hussaini al-Shirazi is the Religious Authority, or Marje’, to millions of Muslims around the globe.

Agha Muhammad Shirazi's Fatawa on Azadari e Hussain[as]

Question

What is your position of Zanjeer and the use of knives, blades, and hooked Chains to shed your own blood during Muharram ... Is this sort of act haraam, halaal or makrooh? Is this the Sunnah of the Ahl-ul-Bayt at all?

Answer

The shedding of blood during Muharram for Imam Hussain, peace be upon him, is not only Halaal, but it is also very Mustahab indeed, and all PROMINANT scholars and religious authorities - Maraje' - always encouraged it throughout the history of Islam. This included the Tatbir or Qamah-Zani - which is the hitting of the head with swords. The Maraje' have even decreed that it is acceptable and permissible if one is harmed in this process, provided of course the injuries sustained do not constitute permanent injuries or endanger the life of the individual.

The people who practice Tatbir take lead, amongst the teachings of other infallibles, from Zaynab al-Kubra, heroin of Karbala and sister of Imam Hussain peace be upon them. Zaynab peace be upon her was the first person who hit her forehead to a bar inside the carriage she was in, causing considerable bleeding, when the head of al-Hussain (as) was being paraded in Kufa. This is one evidence that the shedding of blood is permissible; whether from the head or from the back etc. The infallible Imam Zayn-el-'Aabidin (as) used to address Lady Zaynab al-Kubra (as) by saying to her "You are al-Hamdu-Lillah an untaught scholar" - "Anti al-Hamdu-Lillah 'Alimah Ghayr Mu'allimah" - This statement is seen by scholars as indicating a degree of infallibility for Lady Zaynab (as).

There are also reports that Imam al-Saadiq (as) arranged for SHABEEH or enactment about Ali the Junior (Ali al-Asghar the son of Imam Hussain (as) whose throat was slashed by Harmalah when the imam sought water for him) to recreate the scene of Karbala for the people, and the Imam (as) does not hold this enactment solely for the Ali al-Asghar but for all the martyrs of Karbala.

On another occasion a poet comes to the Imam (as) and asks permission to recite a poem about al-Hussain (as). The Imam (as) said to the poet to wait so that he could set up a Hijaab to that the women could come to the Majlis and listen to the lamentation. When the Hijaab was set up the imam invited the women to come to the majlis and asked the poet to start reciting, which he did. The imam (as) stopped him asked him to recite the lamentation in way and dialect, which he does it in their hometown (in Iraq for example).

All these indicate that the Ahl-ul-Bayt (as) used to teach and proactively encourage their followers to uphold the memory, torment, and the teachings of Imam Hussain by words and poetry, by enactment - SHABEEH - to recreate the scenery of the day of Ashura in Karbala, and by show devotion to Imam Hussain in Tatbir as shown by Zaynab al-Kubra (as).

Last, but not least, al-Imam al-Mahdi (as) states in his Du'a al-Nudbah addressing Imam Hussain (as): " . . . . now that I could not help you when needed most help . . . I SHALL CRY BLOOD FOR YOU INSTEAD OF TEARS."

I feel that matham is a PROTEST to remind and alert all muslims of the barbaric and evil acts that were carried out

against the family of the Prophet (pbuh) &hf.

As shia the followers of The Prophet (pbuh) &hf could not physically be at the tragic events of Karbala.

Shia protest in unity (Jaloos) by doing matham.

Matham tells a sad story no words are required.

Matham speaks volume.

Matham makes me want to be at Karbala.

Maatam is also an expression of grief

Sallam alaykum,

Is it also ok for me too use this in a debate for example all the reasons, stated in various comments above really show the way i feel.

So do i have your permission to use these in a debate.

Of course - this is a public website for everyone to use.

A person need special blessing for matam by fatima zehra s.a.

Every one doesn't get it

The azadar are the true followers of imam husain a.s

Its a sign of shiasm a sign of love for imam husain a.s.

Everyone can't do it you need a special blessing for that.

mahengi badi khaliq ne banayi hai yeh jannat,

to hamne bhi kaha khairat me paayi hai yeh jannat,

aa dekh kabhi haath ka zanzeer ka matam,

ha khoon pasine ki kamayi hai yeh jannat.

Marhab-e-waqt ko jiss teer say dar lagta hai

Run mei us teer ko baysheer say dar lagta hai

Pairo me Abid ki pinhayee thee jinhon nay bayree

Unki aulad ko zanjeer say dar lagta hai.