Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Reza Ali

Taharat Of All Human Beings

Rate this topic

(salam)

I am curious if anyone knows of any marjas beyond the following who have a fatwa that all human beings are tahir, regardless of religious belief:

-Ayatollah Shaheed Muhammad Baqir as-Sadr (ra)

-Ayatollah Fadhlallah (HA)

-Ayatollah Saanei (HA)

-Ayatollah Ibrahim Jannaati (HA)

I also noticed on the following page two marjas who appear to not list it in their resalah. this seems to imply that they have not included the kaffir in their list of najasat, along with urine, feces, etc. it seems if they deemed a kaffir to be najis they would include it in the najasat part of their resalah? the two mentioned are Ayatollah Mazaaheri (HA) and Ayatollah Bahjat (HA)

http://www.islam-laws.com/najasat_taharat_ak.htm

BTW I noticed on the above page he says that Ayatollah Makarim Shirazi (HA) says Ahlul-Kitab are tahir, however according to the english resalah on his website they are actually najis:

Issue No.113- An infidel i.e. a person who does not believe in Allah or the Prophet of Islam or considers a partner for Allah, as per precaution, is najis, though he may believe in one of the divine religions such as Jewish faith and Christianity.

http://www.makaremshirazi.org/books/englis.../003.htm#link11

Edited by Reza Ali

Salaam. Interesting. Would appreciate a ref. for Shaheed Sadr's opinion. I know where to find the others.

I think I read on A. Fadlallah's website that the uncleanliness of non-believers refers to their beliefs, not their bodies.

I have always wondered how it could ever be possible for a Shia Muslim to live in India from a practical point of view but I guess the society is fairly segregated so that Shias would not mix with Hindus. Also how could a Shia Muslim live in somewhere like Japan?

Hajj Amir

(salam)

you know, I may have been wrong regarding Shaheed Baqir as-Sadr (ra), this is what Ayatollah Fadhlallah said about it in 'World of our Youth:'

"The martyr Muhammad Baqir al-Sadr saw purity in every human being, but he was cautious about the nonscriptural non-believer because of the consensus (ijma) on this issue." (http://al-islam.org/worldyouth/)

possibly he used ihtiyat wajib?

(salam)

you know, I may have been wrong regarding Shaheed Baqir as-Sadr (ra), this is what Ayatollah Fadhlallah said about it in 'World of our Youth:'

"The martyr Muhammad Baqir al-Sadr saw purity in every human being, but he was cautious about the nonscriptural non-believer because of the consensus (ijma) on this issue." (http://al-islam.org/worldyouth/)

possibly he used ihtiyat wajib?

In his risala Al-Fatawi Al-Wadhiha, p346-347, he states all non-Muslims are considered Kuffar and all Kuffar are Najis. He excludes the Ahl Al-Kitab from this. Sayyid Kadhim Haeri in a footnote says his ruling is based on caution, which verifies the above comments from Sayyid Fadhlallah BUT it is still a fatwa and NOT ihtiyat wujubi. It means Sayyid Sadr was inclined to believe that humans are pure but was reluctant to issue a fatwa against heavy evidence and consensus of many scholars.

In his risala Al-Fatawi Al-Wadhiha, p346-347, he states all non-Muslims are considered Kuffar and all Kuffar are Najis. He excludes the Ahl Al-Kitab from this. Sayyid Kadhim Haeri in a footnote says his ruling is based on caution, which verifies the above comments from Sayyid Fadhlallah BUT it is still a fatwa and NOT ihtiyat wujubi. It means Sayyid Sadr was inclined to believe that humans are pure but was reluctant to issue a fatwa against heavy evidence and consensus of many scholars.

(salam)

thank you so much for clearing that up, may Allah SWT bless you

Salaam. Interesting. Would appreciate a ref. for Shaheed Sadr's opinion. I know where to find the others.

I think I read on A. Fadlallah's website that the uncleanliness of non-believers refers to their beliefs, not their bodies.

I have always wondered how it could ever be possible for a Shia Muslim to live in India from a practical point of view but I guess the society is fairly segregated so that Shias would not mix with Hindus. Also how could a Shia Muslim live in somewhere like Japan?

Hajj Amir

Salam Alaikum,

That is my question as well. I have Shia friend who's mother converted to Islam and she grew up in Japan. She didn't follow that ruling because if she did, it would be very difficult to live there. Especially have relations with any of the people there. The Shia community in Japan is very very small...

Wasalam,

Emna