Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
sana mo'men

To My Scholars....

Rate this topic

(salam)

i'm studing at saud university in Ryadh, saudi arabia

there, if they know that i'm shiat ,they would mistreating me:cursing etc.

my question is fore my kind scholars

what should i do?

what should i say to these bad people? :angry:

Salaam,

I can understand ur problem coz i too was in jeddad(saudi arabia) for quite some time.......n i know how these ppl r against the shias.......including in mecca n medina.its definately sulking at times.

Anyways, i had not disclosed to my friends that i am a shia.......n i also tired not to get involved in any of those issues.

What i believe is (personally) i respect ur religion n i accept the same.

Dont worry n try not to remove these kinds of issues in public.

I wish u all the very best.

Salam,

Don't disclose it to them that you're a Shi'a. And if you feel your life is in danger, then practice taqiyyah (dissimulation). It depends on your circumstances and ofcourse, you.

thank u arshiraza , SpIzo...

i'm practicing Taqia but sometimes they know or suspect because of my accent

or in Muharam if they saw anyone dressed in blake they conclued immediatly that this person is shi'a although they themselves wear blake

When I first heard the word Shia, (without knowing what on earth it meant) I told one of my friends at school and soon it spread all through school like wild fire :!!!:, even the teachers were hating on me, and I was @ the Paki school, got slapped for not knowing the Athaiyati Lillahi, and the kid in the front row goes Sir He's Shia etc. :!!!: had to change schools.

(salam)

I live in Al-Khobar, KSA. I know what its like. But i havent disclosed it to my friends. And of course i avoid getting into talks that involve these issues. And some times i pray with them :Hijabi: . So u just have to act more like them when ur around them.

Feamannillah!

Sana, dont worry, you are not the only one. I used to live in Saudi Arabia too, back then my parents never really told me we were Shia. In fact, they couldnt even explain the difference to me (which is their fault, of course). When I finally got back to the US (my home country) I found out the truth, and now nobody can keep me quiet.

As far as prayer is concerned, as a female, I was able to pray with my arms up because women are allowed to pray with their arms up (on the chest) since it prevents the hijab from falling off.

I suggest you just keep your thoughts to yourself. Dont attract attention to the fact that you are Shia. Do what I did, observe observe observe. The more you observe Saudi Arabia, arabism, and wahabism, the more strengthened your faith will be in Shia Islam. And when you finally leave Saudi Arabia (which I hope you do) you will have a very interesting story to tell....not to mention a series of great observations.

(salam)

Sana, dont worry, you are not the only one. I used to live in Saudi Arabia too, back then my parents never really told me we were Shia. In fact, they couldnt even explain the difference to me (which is their fault, of course). When I finally got back to the US (my home country) I found out the truth, and now nobody can keep me quiet.

As far as prayer is concerned, as a female, I was able to pray with my arms up because women are allowed to pray with their arms up (on the chest) since it prevents the hijab from falling off.

I suggest you just keep your thoughts to yourself. Dont attract attention to the fact that you are Shia. Do what I did, observe observe observe. The more you observe Saudi Arabia, arabism, and wahabism, the more strengthened your faith will be in Shia Islam. And when you finally leave Saudi Arabia (which I hope you do) you will have a very interesting story to tell....not to mention a series of great observations.

Very sensible advice.

Could you share some your observations with us here.

(salam)