Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
G.A

Nauha

Rate this topic

(salam)

I want to carry out a sort of a survey about nauhas. I want every one to post in,

-the improvements that you want in the nauhas that are released these days

-the things about the nauhas these days that you dont like

-the reasons why old nauhas were better

-point out a few nauhas that you think are the best

-anything new that could be included in the nauhas

Feamannillah!

wa alaikumassalam :)

i think that these days the nauha lyrics are sometimes really (sorry) rubbish- sometimes.

old nauhas actually have meaning behind the lyrics and the writers of old nauhs would dedicate their whole lives to writing nauhas and denied all offers to work for a company that would pay them A LOT to write song lyrics 4 them. They really are especially the lyrics very beautiful. but now u have people who actually do it 4 money and wont recite a single nawha more unles theyre paid 4 it!! and these people are becoming ever more popular! probably because the nauha tunes of these popular nauhas are the same tunes that u would find in an indian movie- which is like the most insulting thing u could do- recite a nauha in the tune of a song. By the way im not saying that no nawhas r good there r a lot of nuhas these days that even talk about Imam Mahdi (aj) and the situation in the Islamic world. May Allah (sbt) accept the work of those who are sincere! Ameen!

wassalam

Edited by YaQaim

There are a lot of good new nohas; people just need to figure out that there is a world outside Nadeem Sarvar and Irfan Haider's nohas.

THANKU ALI IMRAN!!!!!! i couldnt have said it better myself!!! :D

With all due respect, please dont post "hate mesasges" about the nauha khuwans here. I want this topic to be discussed very generally.

Feamannillah!

No one's hating the noha khawans. I'm talking about their style. If you listen to old Nadeem Sarvar you will find he has very good nohas. Now, I don't even understand what's going on in them, it's all sounds and echoes and very songy like tunes and what not. If people are going to listen to that only; they will complain about "now a days nohas aren't as good as before" when in reality there are a lot of other people and anjumans that still have a lot of good nohas with a lot of good and sad poetry. You guys should listen to some nohas by Katri, Ansar, Tassaduq Khan if you guys haven't already.

http://www.markazimatmidasta.com/mmd/nohas...enjdunyautey.rm

http://www.markazimatmidasta.com/mmd/nohas...nakisadalogo.rm

http://www.markazimatmidasta.com/mmd/nohas...daykaidianoo.rm

http://www.markazimatmidasta.com/mmd/nohas...napaigizehra.rm

http://www.markazimatmidasta.com/mmd/nohas...e/janayshaam.rm

http://www.markazimatmidasta.com/mmd/nohas...ainabkomaaka.rm

Edited by Ali_Imran

Old nawhas were pretty slow..and ppl in those times seemed to like it that way..

but I really like fast nohas recited by Anjumans..there are very few solos I like..Nasir Zaidi mabye

And I dono why but I dont listen to Nadeem Sarvar and Irfan Haider..pretty much the same reason Ali Imran gave :unsure:

Shabab ul Momineen all the way :D I know ALL their nohas from 1993 to 2006 :wub:

^ Zia is sooooo slow!!! and his urdu is really hard too..but his voice is amazing mashallah

^ I agree, old nauhas had really difficult to understand poetry they were difficult to read too.....and i think this is one of the reasons why nadeem sarwar got so famous coz he came up with really easy to understand AND easy to read nauhas.

what a terrible choice you have there

hey come on....dont u think terrible is a word too rude to be used...here?? Some of their nauhas are very touching.

(Sacchay, Jaffar, Nazim... may Allah(swt) bless their souls)

Sachay: Ooncha rahey apna alam, Zehra(sa) ki dua hai yeh matam..Yeh matam kaisay ruk jaey, Abbas(as) aey shair-e-nayastan-e-Haider(as) and a lot more..

Jaffar: Yaad aai na tumhein Fatima Sughra(sa) baba, Qabr-e-Asghar(as) pay kehty thi madar ghar chaloo sham hoti hai Asghar(as) and many more.

My two favorites of Jafar are: Ay Madina Hum Tere Qabil Nahi. And theres this one ive been looking since Arbaeen this year, it goes like: Ujra huwa qafila lay chalay Zain-ul_aba

Nazim: Hai Hai Ali Akbar. best noha of all time

Ashoor ka manzar hai

Zia:

Almost all

Sachay:

Almost all

Yea, unusual. 10 year old loving old nohas.

Edited by AkbarHassan

My two favorites of Jafar are: Ay Madina Hum Tere Qabil Nahi. And theres this one ive been looking since Arbaeen this year, it goes like: Ujra huwa qafila lay chalay Zain-ul_aba

Nazim: Hai Hai Ali Akbar. best noha of all time

Ashoor ka manzar hai

Zia:

Almost all

Sachay:

Almost all

Yea, unusual. 10 year old loving old nohas.

Hai Hai Ali Akbar(as)...my favorite too (read it this moharram on the 9th.....no one could stop crying)

I think Zainab(sa) Ali Akbar(as) k jeenay ki dua mango is also Nazim's.

Hai Hai Ali Akbar(as)...my favorite too (read it this moharram on the 9th.....no one could stop crying)

I think Zainab(sa) Ali Akbar(as) k jeenay ki dua mango is also Nazim's.

I've heard it before. Also, I can't stop crying to it.

Pssht..You guys don't know what real nohas are. I like Nazim Party, Nasir Asghar some Nadeem Srwar, some Irfan Haider and Katri for the newest nohas.

lol if YOU knew what real nohay were, you would know katri have probably existed decades before sachay and the other guys u mentioned :Hijabi:

Edited by Oranje

Nowadays, nohas sound like songs. This is why I'm an old noha fan. Sachay, Jafar, Zia, Nazim zindabaad!

Subhanallah! those are THE best noha khwaans I've ever heard.

However, there's still plenty of good nohay out today. Occasionally Irfan Haidar or Nadeem Sarwar might drop some decent nohay. The problem today, I think, is what the people like. There's alot of people who listen to songs when it's not moharram, so these nohay are a substitute for them.

Subhanallah! those are THE best noha khwaans I've ever heard.

However, there's still plenty of good nohay out today. Occasionally Irfan Haidar or Nadeem Sarwar might drop some decent nohay. The problem today, I think, is what the people like. There's alot of people who listen to songs when it's not moharram, so these nohay are a substitute for them.

We have some things in common :Hijabi: Both remember Imam Hassan (as), best noha khwans :P Whats next? You live in Chicago?

We have some things in common :Hijabi: Both remember Imam Hassan (as), best noha khwans :P Whats next? You live in Chicago?

No, but you guys have an AWESOME maulana; Janab Mehboob Mehndi

salaam,

yes there are other very good nauha khawans, besides nadeem sarwar. hes actually very good too, but there are others like ali safder,farhan ali,hassan sadiq. i bascially listen to almost everyone ive heard of. they all have very good,deep, nauhas. :)

these nauhas dunno whos voice it is, but mash'Allah i love it. i kant stop listening to it.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=CoauJMr0rXA&amp...ted&search=

ali safder's nauha that i like:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4274gszGd5s&amp...ted&search=

ps. if u guyz have anymore nauhas that are very deep,plz give the link. thank you.

Allah afiz,

~*Sakina*~

Edited by ~ashke~sakina~

Guest yaaliali

weee Love Nouhas They Rock Defenitly sachay and Zia they are legends along with jafar and other great nouha Kwans.

Shab-e-Dari akbarhassan and s.h rizvi u guys should have came to Houston for Shab-e-Dar hey Akbar ur favorite came last year ZIA! And defetnitly thiers No coparison in old noahaus they were just too good however New nohas like nadeems sarwars ect.. are not as bad either.

PS akbarhassan -yo dude canu give me links to all these great noha kwans or anybody ,possibly on video aswell like u said nazim party ect... all those and your favs u think O should listen to but SACHAY U ROCK thats why I have a tribute of him.

weee Love Nouhas They Rock Defenitly sachay and Zia they are legends along with jafar and other great nouha Kwans.

Shab-e-Dari akbarhassan and s.h rizvi u guys should have came to Houston for Shab-e-Dar hey Akbar ur favorite came last year ZIA! And defetnitly thiers No coparison in old noahaus they were just too good however New nohas like nadeems sarwars ect.. are not as bad either.

PS akbarhassan -yo dude canu give me links to all these great noha kwans or anybody ,possibly on video aswell like u said nazim party ect... all those and your favs u think O should listen to but SACHAY U ROCK thats why I have a tribute of him.

You guys had your shab e dari same night as we had ours. A couple people from our Anjuman went over to Houston.

Zia bhai rocks.

The biggest difference between old nohas and the new ones I think is that the old ones were true nohas (masaib of Imam Hussain) where as new ones (some not all) are not as masaibish (for lack of a better word) and sometime not even about Karbala but rather about current affairs, and to me thats not a noha.