Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Iraqi Teenager Murdered In Ottawa

• Advanced Member

(salam)

For the first time in his young life, Hassan Al-Khazaali was a proud car owner, but he never got the chance to take his black Honda Civic for a spin.

Instead, the slightly rusted, unplated Civic stayed parked in the lot at his family's home yesterday while his friends leaned on the car, consoling each other after learning Hassan died from stab wounds that pierced his heart and lung Saturday night.

The 17-year-old high school student is Ottawa's third homicide victim this year.

No arrests had been made as of last night.

"He was one of a kind," best friend Yousef Khatheer, 15, said of Hassan. "There was no one like him. He always had positive thoughts."

Revive your wardrobe

Hassan and two friends were at the Petro-Canada gas bar at Carling Ave. and Bayshore Dr. around 11 p.m. when a male got out of a vehicle and stabbed Hassan.

RIPPED OPEN SHIRT

At least two other customers not connected with the stabbing were at the gas bar at the time.

One was a 27-year-old nurse who rushed to Hassan's aid once she saw him collapse to the ground.

The woman, who asked for anonymity when reached by the Sun, said she ripped off Hassan's shirt to find the wounds, which were on his left side under his arm and quickly spilling blood onto the pavement.

As paramedics and police responded to the 911 call, the nurse put pressure on the wounds to try to stop the bleeding.

There was a large group of people gathered when paramedics arrived and Hassan lay with no vital signs.

Clint Murray was inside the Petro-Canada buying a pack of cigarettes when Hassan was stabbed.

"I came outside and it was like a scene out of CSI," he said. "There was a pool of blood under the guy that just got bigger and bigger. I thought he was dead and then one girl called his name. He turned his eyes towards her, then they glossed over and he died with his eyes open. I watched him die. It was horrible. I'm still freaked out."

A bloody kitchen knife sat just feet from where Hassan took his final breath.

Yesterday morning, the First Aid gear used in an attempt to save Hassan's life was strewn around the dried pool of blood.

Forensic investigators photographed the crime scene and searched for evidence before the gas station reopened around 5:30 p.m.

Gas station managers handed over a surveillance tape to detectives.

Hassan's killing hit his friends and family hard. His older brother, Ali, couldn't muster a word as he grieved outside the family home yesterday.

Friends said Hassan was a decent student at Woodroffe High School where he also played on the soccer team. He loved cars, and when he finally collected enough cash from a pizzeria job, he bought the black Civic, which he just picked up Saturday.

"He called and asked me to congratulate him," Yousef Khatheer said.

After word quickly got out Saturday night that someone stabbed Hassan, friends and family rushed to the gas station.

Ahmed Mutlik, 24, said he was at a Richmond Rd. pizza shop when Ali received a call.

"I heard someone say, 'Ali, come fast, your brother got stabbed', " Mutlik said.

But when they arrived at the gas station, police kept them away while paramedics worked on the dying teen.

Omar Yonis, 19, said he saw Hassan at the gas station around 10:45 p.m. and nothing seemed out of the ordinary. Not even 30 minutes later, Yonis received a call from Hassan's brother about the stabbing.

"He was a fun guy to be around," Yonis said of Hassan. "I don't understand why that would happen to him."

That's exactly what confused Hassan's friends yesterday. They said Hassan was just a small kid who wasn't into drugs or any other criminal activity.

By all accounts, he was just an average teen who had aspirations of going to college after graduating high school this year.

• Site Administrators

Wow, so sad..

Just came back from the service

Seems like outside the gas station he was approached by an Afgani selling him some parts for his new Civic that he bought last saturday and there was an argument about the price..

So the Afghani guy stabbed him with a crow bar a few times and ran.

May God give patience to his family and give him victory in his journey.

Yeah, my mom told me about this, she knows his mom well. Real sad I heard this guy was really humble, friendly and good muslim. His bro just had cancer too. Very sad troubles this family is enduring.