Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Any Sisters Attend Imam Husain Centre?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Advanced Member
salam sister

do you go there for prayer or for lessons, is it good? im a revert and dont know anyone from there. im a bit shy too :blush:

wasalam

WLKSLM :D :D

Awwww

I just go there for the programs/lectures, its so far from me so I dont get to go too often but I would love to meet uuu if u ever go! n the people there are the friendliest! u will love them mashAllah :)

Tell me when u tink u will be going and if Im going too, we can meet up

Edited by ~Negar~
  • Advanced Member
WLKSLM :D :D

Awwww

I just go there for the programs/lectures, its so far from me so I dont get to go too often but I would love to meet uuu if u ever go! n the people there are the friendliest! u will love them mashAllah :)

Tell me when u tink u will be going and if Im going too, we can meet up

salam

:) that sounds nice, someone recomended i go there they said it was good, i would love to meet you i find it difficult because i dont have any muslim sister friends that im in contact with anymore. well im not sure when i could go i could arrange anytime that suits you in the future, i posted this hoping i would make a friend :D you said its far is there some were else you usually attend?

• Advanced Member
salam

:) that sounds nice, someone recomended i go there they said it was good, i would love to meet you i find it difficult because i dont have any muslim sister friends that im in contact with anymore. well im not sure when i could go i could arrange anytime that suits you in the future, i posted this hoping i would make a friend :D you said its far is there some were else you usually attend?

well my fav is Imam Hussein centre but i have also been to Nabi Akram which is in granville and also Imam Hassan centre in Anangrove, they all good though, where abouts do u live? and Ill find out when Im going nxt time and email you, is that ok?:)

• Advanced Member
well my fav is Imam Hussein centre but i have also been to Nabi Akram which is in granville and also Imam Hassan centre in Anangrove, they all good though, where abouts do u live? and Ill find out when Im going nxt time and email you, is that ok?:)

yeh that sounds good my email is amani_ahmadali@hotmail.com i live in rockdale area so its not to far for me. what area do you live?

• Advanced Member
oh okk lucky :( i live in sevenhills

oh really thats allright ^_^ i use to live at revsby, but i love rockdale/arncliffe area close to most things, what do you do in your spare time are you at school or housewife or ????

• Advanced Member
oh really thats allright ^_^ i use to live at revsby, but i love rockdale/arncliffe area close to most things, what do you do in your spare time are you at school or housewife or ????

i like d arncliffe area too :( i wish i lived der..but oh well heheh well im a student.. not married yet lol im only 20. how about u?

• Advanced Member
i like d arncliffe area too :( i wish i lived der..but oh well heheh well im a student.. not married yet lol im only 20. how about u?

im 20 too, i have two children ahmad-ali 20 months old and zainab 3 months old.so im just at home with my babys :D they keep me busy haha

• Advanced Member
oh niceee ;) heheh im iranian :D

sisss sorry i have to get off now, ill email u soon inshAllah :)

so niceeeeeee meeting uu, take care Allahhafiz!! :D

nice to meet you to sis look foward to hearing from you inshallah

wasalam :)

• Advanced Member

You know there may be a program at the centre for Commemorating Imam Askaris (as) birth. I dont get email alerts from that place so I am not sure if there will be one. I am also not familiar with their regular programs. They havent updated their site for a while because its still calling the 6th of april an upcoming event.

Perhaps ~Ruqayahs Brother~ knows when the next program/s there are. Hes posted them on this forum before.

The problem with most events is that they are at night so it would be difficult for someone with two very young children and no transport (ie if you dont have a car).

Alternatively what would be probably nice for you because its during the day, is Friday prayers. They hold them at the centre every week for dhuhr and asr prayers. There is also a khutba as usual. There is a bit of a walk from the station but its not too far. maybe 5-10 minute walk from Dulwich Hill station.

http://www.ihic.org.au/displaypage.php?cat_id=9

I think if it isnt too difficult for you to go for Friday prayer, you may easily meet up with sisters there. A lot of the uni student girls probably wont be there if they have classes though.

• Advanced Member

(salam) sis,

Congratulations on your reversion sis. Welcome to Islam :D.

I sometimes attend the Imam Hussein Islamic Centre, but I haven't been there for a while. Whenever I plan to attend I'll send you an email and maybe we can meet up there.

Take care sis. InshaAllah we'll meet soon. :)

Wasalam.

• Advanced Member
(salam) sis,

I sometimes attend the Imam Hussein Islamic Centre, but I haven't been there for a while. Whenever I plan to attend I'll send you an email and maybe we can meet up there.

Wasalam.

salam sister :)

thankyou for the reply, thats sounds nice i would like to meet you inshAllah, i would like to attend the centre with someone rather than go on my own for the first time :blush: LOL

ws

• Advanced Member
(salam) sis,

Wasalam.

salamm Muwahida!

long time no see sis! u were meant to call remember :P I keep seeing this person who i tink is u but never get the chance to ask lol

• Advanced Member
salam sister :)

thankyou for the reply, thats sounds nice i would like to meet you inshAllah, i would like to attend the centre with someone rather than go on my own for the first time :blush: LOL

ws

Salam sister :)

Me again :D how are u?? InshAllah if i go this week i will email u and we can meet up somewhere and go together :)

Edited by ~Negar~
  • Advanced Member
You know there may be a program at the centre for Commemorating Imam Askaris (as) birth. I dont get email alerts from that place so I am not sure if there will be one. I am also not familiar with their regular programs. They havent updated their site for a while because its still calling the 6th of april an upcoming event.

Perhaps ~Ruqayahs Brother~ knows when the next program/s there are. Hes posted them on this forum before.

The problem with most events is that they are at night so it would be difficult for someone with two very young children and no transport (ie if you dont have a car).

Alternatively what would be probably nice for you because its during the day, is Friday prayers. They hold them at the centre every week for dhuhr and asr prayers. There is also a khutba as usual. There is a bit of a walk from the station but its not too far. maybe 5-10 minute walk from Dulwich Hill station.

http://www.ihic.org.au/displaypage.php?cat_id=9

I think if it isnt too difficult for you to go for Friday prayer, you may easily meet up with sisters there. A lot of the uni student girls probably wont be there if they have classes though.

salam,

thankyou for all the imformation you have provided me it will be a great help, yes it is a bit difficult sometimes with 2 small children and not driving to be able to get there,but i have my L plates and im learning at the moment so inshAllah i will have my licence soon, i have meet a couple of girls from my area so it will be nice to have a friend to attend with.

wasalam

• Advanced Member
Salam sister :)

Me again :D how are u?? InshAllah if i go this week i will email u and we can meet up somewhere and go together :)

salam sis

im very well thankyou, alhumdulla, how are you? cool look foward to meeting you inshAllah :)

• Advanced Member
thats good me to, you said you were iranian :D what part of iran are you from were you born in australia

Im from Esfahan "Nesveh Jahan" (half the world) lol just sumtin iranians call Esfahan ANYWAY lol na I was born there, came here when I was around 8 years old :) thinking of going back when I finish uni..but Allah knows best..still confused :D

• Advanced Member

(salam)

I am australian convert(originally from tasmania), I have been to imam husain centre..a couple of times...but since my husband is away overseas at moment and I also don't drive and have two young girls, I have been there for a while. My girls are 6 and 4 years old and I live in Belmore. I have been revert since 2000. I am 34 years old. I have found Iman Husein centre has really good books to read to learn more and people are very friendly.

Megan